Old 05-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Default tummy tuck?

Anyone else considering or have had a tummy tuck done after their weight loss? I lost maybe 30 pounds in just a couple months, which to me is pretty fast. Don't get me wrong, I loved that part of it but had some saggy skin because of it. I have had two children and my baby making days are DONE. I have gone for my consult and am looking at having surgery in September. Anyone else contemplating this or have done it? I have done tons of research and watch videos like crazy, but would like to hear from anyone that has gone through it.... nothing better than someone's personal experience.
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

I have another 28 pounds to go and I am definitely having a lift and a tuck...it's the cost that is hard to swallow $10,000.00
GailMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #3  

wow... that is extensive. I am only paying half of that but again I don't have a huge amount and everyone is different. I am really worried about the recovery process and would love to hear someone's experience.
There are mixed ideas about this issue... a) skin will shirk after weight loss with time and exercise b) there is no way to remove saggy excess skin
I am not sure which I believe cause I have seen my stomach shrink a bit so to say, but despite my 2 hours of exercise each day 5 days a week I find that hard to believe......
Old 05-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #4  

After the birth of my 2 babies 23 years ago, I had huge stretch marks and a lot of skin(gain of 65 first time and 55 second time 19 months later). Before I started losing weight, I was sitting at a weight about the same as pregnancy weight, so my skin has been stretched for a lot of years.
I have heard that recovery can be slow and painful and you have to be extremely careful not to rip/tear open and there are no stitches.
I'm hoping to have surgery before next March as I want to be able to wear a nice swimsuit in Jamaica next year
Old 05-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

If you live in AB or BC and loose more than 100lbs the government pays for your tummy tuck !!
CaperTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Anyone else considering or have had a tummy tuck done after their weight loss? I lost maybe 30 pounds in just a couple months, which to me is pretty fast. Don't get me wrong, I loved that part of it but had some saggy skin because of it. I have had two children and my baby making days are DONE. I have gone for my consult and am looking at having surgery in September. Anyone else contemplating this or have done it? I have done tons of research and watch videos like crazy, but would like to hear from anyone that has gone through it.... nothing better than someone's personal experience.
I've heard they won't do surgery until a year after weight loss, is this true?
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/132/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
I've heard they won't do surgery until a year after weight loss, is this true?
I actually just checked into this on Thursday, the cost I think is to much to handle at this time...$7,500.00. Now thinking maybe the stretch marks arent so bad.
finallylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #8  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaperTiff View Post
If you live in AB or BC and loose more than 100lbs the government pays for your tummy tuck !!

I think they also pay for it in SK if you lose 75 or 100lbs. I have heard that you have to maintain the weight loss for a year before being considered.
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #9  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

What is AB and BC and SK? Sorry
phall8180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phall8180 View Post
What is AB and BC and SK? Sorry
A lot of the forum members are from Canada, so my guess would be Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaperTiff View Post
Really!? Where can I find info on this?
LeaArr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #12  

I think maybe you have to maintain the loss if it is a huge amount. I know in Manitoba you used to be able to claim it on your income tax as medical, but no longer (
I only lost 40 pounds max so I don't have to wait to have the surgery done and I have maintained that weight for almost a year so I am good to go....
Too bad you can't claim a percentage.. you would think that people that lose weight are going to be less of a burder on the health care system and will be in much better health all around. I know of some ladies that are no longer on specific medications even, so really the government should be willing to have some incentives, they have for many other things?
I am scheduled for mid-September and I have mixed emotions about it from excitement to nervousness which are common I am sure
Old 05-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/185/150

Height: 5'7"

i would love to have a tuck done after i'm done losing all my weight. looks like i might have to move to afford it though. lol. i've looked into it but haven't went for any official appointments or anything. still got alot to lose first.
mandy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I think maybe you have to maintain the loss if it is a huge amount. I know in Manitoba you used to be able to claim it on your income tax as medical, but no longer (
I only lost 40 pounds max so I don't have to wait to have the surgery done and I have maintained that weight for almost a year so I am good to go....
Too bad you can't claim a percentage.. you would think that people that lose weight are going to be less of a burder on the health care system and will be in much better health all around. I know of some ladies that are no longer on specific medications even, so really the government should be willing to have some incentives, they have for many other things?
I am scheduled for mid-September and I have mixed emotions about it from excitement to nervousness which are common I am sure
If you don't mind me asking, as I live in Northern Manitoba, where are you getting this done? and is there any coverage at all?
Thanks...you can PM me if you don't feel comfortable talking about it online
Old 05-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #15  

I went for a consultation here in Winnipeg and they will give you a quoted price mine won't be as expensive as some people as I don't have a huge amount of saggy skin, but sure would be nice to be able to claim this or part of it... oh well it is time I invest in myself and my kids are all grown up and as Oprah said we all need validation... I plan to validate myself.