Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/136/134

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Do you still look at pictures of yourself & wonder - who is that person?

As I head into my 3rd year of maintenance (October makes year #3 - yay!) I find I'm still not used to looking at pictures of myself...sometimes I wonder - who is that person? She looks happy & confident. It's such a difference from a few years ago with my former overweight self. I realize looking at those pictures it wasn't so much how huge I looked - it's how I felt about myself & I could tell by my eyes (even if I was smiling): I was tired, unhappy, & low self-esteem.

I guess it's the little things like this that helps to keep me going & reminds me why I do what I do on a daily basis.
workingmom1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

I guess it's the little things like this that helps to keep me going & reminds me why I do what I do on a daily basis.

I love looking at myself. I do not tire of it. I still get compliments. I am so thankful to be in this spot that I have found maintanence to be much, much preferable to being fat and eating accordingly.

This morning, DH & I, are heading to the stores, clothes shopping for upcoming cruise. Lots of full length mirrors and styles of clothes from which to choose. Nice low weight for more splurge type eating while traveling. Makes measuring myself and my food daily a no brainer for me. Thanks for the thread.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I'm getting more used to it, but yes, I do still feel surprised sometimes.

Actually, I tend to be equally surprised when I see OLD pics of myself too.

I must be caught in the middle somewhere.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote