Old 05-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #1  

Default Do You keep a photo of your goal figure as incentive?

My FI suggested putting a picture on my cell, fridge, locker, etc of my goal as motivation. I wondered if anyone else was doing this and... if you cared to share your inspiration / motivation photo.
fannymae32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:00 AM   #2  
Started IP: 5/14/11

Here is a section on the site that has lots of goals from all sorts of diets. It's great to see our fellow IP dieters in there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/
Dan is Boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

I do! I have my "before" picture which inspired my IP journey in the first place (Oct 2009 the pic was taken, started Jan 2010 once my aunt mailed me a copy!) and I also have a pic of me and my sister on the fridge. It's me at age 25 which is what I want to look like (my inspiration for sticking to IP phase 4 also). I'll have to scan them and post here for you!

Oh yeah, and my passport pic was taken Oct 2009 and that's another "before" pic. Oh goodness, how embarrasing! I'll have to scan that too so you can have a good laugh at it.
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

I have a "before" picture that was taken at my "brother's" wedding. He and I are both big, but I didn't realize how big I was until I saw that picture. I was shocked. I knew I needed to do something about it.
LeaArr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #5  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

I don't have a "Goal" picture as I have been big quite a few years and don't like any of those pictures. My before pic that I look at is from my brother's wedding and I look horrible and fat and that is what convinced me to start. One of these days I will post that picture in my mini goal just to see what the differences are from then July 2 and this year.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

My goal picture is my wedding picture (31 August 2002):

Before my journey:

During but actually my "Before IP" pictures (sorry they are so big, not sure how to get them smaller):

Don't you love my "Oh! My God! Get it over with!" face in the following pic?!?

...now I need progress pics. Maybe this weekend (but there's always my profile pic in the meanwhile - Mother's Day 2011)!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-18-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #7  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I don't have a "Goal" picture as I have been big quite a few years and don't like any of those pictures. My before pic that I look at is from my brother's wedding and I look horrible and fat and that is what convinced me to start. One of these days I will post that picture in my mini goal just to see what the differences are from then July 2 and this year.
I posted a before picture just recently. The other one I saw, that really made me cry is from the same trip, but not on the computer so I can't upload it. The one I have posted now though is definately motivation enough to keep moving in the right direction!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #8  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

I keep my before picture around as my incentive. It's all I need to keep on track!
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
My goal picture is my wedding picture:

Before my journey:

During but actually my "Before IP" pictures (sorry they are so big, not sure how to get them smaller):

Don't you love my "Oh! My God! Get it over with!" face in the following pic?!?

...now I need progress pics. Maybe this weekend (but there's always my profile pic in the meanwhile - Mother's Day 2011)!
WOW! You look amazing, Thank you so much for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Jo, You are beautiful, I just wanted you to know that. Your strength on this motivates me to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaArr View Post
I have a "before" picture that was taken at my "brother's" wedding. He and I are both big, but I didn't realize how big I was until I saw that picture. I was shocked. I knew I needed to do something about it.
Oh god I have a few of those.. I could have died when my future MIL was taking my pic in Nassau of me in my bathing suit a few weeks ago. It is inspiration. Thank you for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post

Oh yeah, and my passport pic was taken Oct 2009 and that's another "before" pic. Oh goodness, how embarrasing! I'll have to scan that too so you can have a good laugh at it.
My passport photo is brutal.. I look like I am on some old Western Wanted Poster. I even got a nexus pass so no one had to see it when I travel.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #10  

Thank you so much for sharing, I will do the motivation pic on the fridge and cell just to keep me on track.
I will need it because when I worked midnights last night I could have reached across the Tim Hortons counter and grabbed a dozen really bad things.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

I don't, but anytime I feel tempted I go look in the mirror. I pull my pants down to my knees and lift my shirt if I am desperate. That's all it takes to get me back focused. I'm done with this squish. Done. Done. Done.
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
I don't, but anytime I feel tempted I go look in the mirror. I pull my pants down to my knees and lift my shirt if I am desperate. That's all it takes to get me back focused. I'm done with this squish. Done. Done. Done.
OMG!! that is a really good idea. usually not widely accepted at a restaurant table though.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 147/138.8/105

Height: 5' 2.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannymae32 View Post
OMG!! that is a really good idea. usually not widely accepted at a restaurant table though.
haha! Um, no. I have only been on IP one week and really haven't eaten out yet. I went to a baseball game yesterday and just had to be strong. I did not pull down my pants in the public restroom to gaze at myself in the mirror. So far I'm typically tempted at home. I guess my way wouldn't work well if the temptations are usually outside the home!

Last edited by longhorn96; 05-18-2011 at 05:17 PM.
longhorn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

I haven't found a picture I like for inspiration. I used to want my body to look like Whitney from America's Next Top Model a few years ago. She's a beautiful girl but I'm almost there now though. I thought that goal was impossible. I need to look a little harder to find one. I wish there was a way to take my body and shrink it on a picture for inspiration.

Susie- You look amazing in your wedding picture! You look beautiful in your profile picture and there is such a difference already! Good work lady!
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #15  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I have one of me that I hate that keeps me encouraged to continue. I also have a vision board with my avatar and other pictures of the body I want.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote