Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default Need calorie mathmatical help please!

OK, I'm really bad at this. Math? Not my strong point.

We make a gallon of tea with 2 cups of sugar. So if I drink 8 oz of tea, how many calories have I ingested? (we use Lipton de-caf if that makes a difference)
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #2  
~Kim~

Lets see..

There is about 1440 calories in 2 cups of sugar. So divide that by 16 and you get 90 calories for the sugar.

On a side note... if you make the tea without sugar and then add some no calorie sweetener to your cup, you could make it 0 calories.. =)

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 05-13-2011 at 08:25 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I checked 2 sources and came up with 1540 calories for 2 cups of sugar. But when you divide it by 16, it's 96 calories, so I guess it's not really that different after all.

Beach, I take it you're a southerner? My husbands can't do without his sweet tea.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

LOL, yes, I'm definitely a southerner! - My husband is a (damn) yankee, tho, but I convinced him to marry me by getting him hooked on my sweet tea!

If I had to drink tea without sugar, I'd drink no tea.

I know that a t-spoon of sugar has 15 calories. I usually have 3 of those in my coffee. 45 calories...not too bad. But I can't put sugar in my (ice!) tea AFTER the fact, mainly because it just doesn't "melt" properly. I've not tried it with a non-calorie sweetener, so maybe that will be my next trick.

I drink 2 cups coffee in the morning (wakey, wakey!) and then one Diet Mtn Dew when I get to work, and then water, or flavored-no-calorie water all day. I usually like to enjoy a glass of tea with my dinner, but I was estimating about 50 calories for that glass, and that's a 40-cal difference, which, yeah, when you're counting calories? It adds up over time.

~anyway, thanks for the "math" lesson y'all! I just didn't think to divide the gallon by 8oz to =16 glasses of sugar and then multiply that out. Duh.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #5  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I make 1-2 cups at a time. We aren't southerns but we put the sugar while it's still hot. For one cup I can do 1stp of sugar and one packet of stevia.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 05-13-2011 at 01:35 PM.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote