WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 02:14 PM   #1  

Question Points for Thai food

Does anyone have any secret low-point Thai food recommendations? My WW book doesn't give me a lot of choices and Dotti is redoing her ethnic cuisine sections on Dotti's Weight Loss Zone and currently has no link for Thai food.

By the by--I'm new to here. In 2001, I lost 48 pounds after the birth of my son, but unfortunately, went off the program and managed to gain 30 pounds back. So, I'm trying again! At least I know the program works, right?
Old 01-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #2  

I don't know of many off the top of my head. At a Thai restaurant I try to stick to soups (clear broth based with seafood/chicken, vegetables and maybe with some noodles or rice). Tom yam goong (sp??) is one that I get at a local place that I think is points-friendly. Satay's another option, if you keep the high fat sauce to a minimum.

Last edited by Rupertsmom; 01-06-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:45 PM   #3  
si, si signora

The thai place we go to does an amazing bbqed chicken with chili sauce on the side.

The salads at thai restaurants can be pretty yummy too.

Its the peanut butter that will kill me.

lala
Old 01-07-2003, 09:00 AM   #4  

Thanks for the suggestions. My Thai lunch actually worked out fine. I had budgeted my points for a veggie spring roll and good ol' pad thai. But, in looking over the menu, I noticed a chicken salad--steamed chicken with lime, onions, fresh ginger, hot peppers on a bed of lettuce. I ordered that and let me tell you it was sooooo good! Very flavorful and very filling. I estimated it to be about 4 or 5 points total. It's the best thing that I've ever had at this place (it's not the best Thai place in Chicago, but it's the closest to my office). I will definitely order this salad again!
Closed Thread