Old 05-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Default WF sauces??

Has anyone tried the Walden Farms marinara of alfredo sauce??? I missing pasta so so bad. I thought maybe I could make some with spagetti squash. None of the stores near me sell WF so I'd have to order it and I don't want to go throught all the trouble if it's nasty.
angelonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #2  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

I haven't tried the marinara, but I HATED the alfredo sauce! I've been trying to tweak it to make it taste better, but so far I have been unsuccessful. Maybe someone has some great tweaking ideas?
cwphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #3  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

I actually don't mind the alfredo sauce....but I use it sparingly. I use maybe a 1/3 cup for 2-4 servings. I thin it with chicken broth and serve it over sauteed chicken, veggies and miracle noodles. I actually serve it to my fiance and he has no idea!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/204/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
I actually don't mind the alfredo sauce....but I use it sparingly. I use maybe a 1/3 cup for 2-4 servings. I thin it with chicken broth and serve it over sauteed chicken, veggies and miracle noodles. I actually serve it to my fiance and he has no idea!
Miracle noodles??? What are these and where can I find them??? Are they available in Arkansas???
ltaylor716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #5  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

I use the alfredo sauce with some tweaking. I use a julian peeler to peel zucchini into pasta type strips (this works great as zucchini is not an occasional veggie) -- I saute some garlic, a bit of red pepper flake, a splash or two of olive oil, a 1/4 cup or less of chicken stock then I add a heaping spoonful of the alfredo to the sauce. While the sauce simmers I blanch my julianed zucchini strips -- then toss them in the sauce adding some fresh basil as a garnish -- it makes for a very satisfying meal and a great way to get in the veggies particularly if you are not a veggie lover. I am not a huge fan of the marinara sauce...for me I would rather eat my tomato weekly allotment by making a quick red sauce rather then eat the WF marinara. Hope this helps
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #6  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelonadiet View Post
Has anyone tried the Walden Farms marinara of alfredo sauce??? I missing pasta so so bad. I thought maybe I could make some with spagetti squash. None of the stores near me sell WF so I'd have to order it and I don't want to go throught all the trouble if it's nasty.
I have tried the alfredo sauce and it needs doctoring.... also my list has all squash except zucchini as can't have... try using the zucchini how CHEEKY says she cooks it. I have used it on zucchini as well.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Thanks! Cheekywit, that sound delicious!!
angelonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #8  
Started IP March 29, 2011

S/C/G: 220/IP:177/**ticker**/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I use the alfredo sauce with some tweaking. I use a julian peeler to peel zucchini into pasta type strips (this works great as zucchini is not an occasional veggie) -- I saute some garlic, a bit of red pepper flake, a splash or two of olive oil, a 1/4 cup or less of chicken stock then I add a heaping spoonful of the alfredo to the sauce. While the sauce simmers I blanch my julianed zucchini strips -- then toss them in the sauce adding some fresh basil as a garnish -- it makes for a very satisfying meal and a great way to get in the veggies particularly if you are not a veggie lover. I am not a huge fan of the marinara sauce...for me I would rather eat my tomato weekly allotment by making a quick red sauce rather then eat the WF marinara. Hope this helps
Ok, I'm going to have to try this!
cwphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I have used the marina sauce, but in the slow cooker. I take about 1\4 cup and then add chicken broth, organice with no msg and then add water. I cooked four chicken breasts, and it was really good, tender and smelled nice in the house. Son even liked it. I find the WF sauces are expensive so trying to use them the most economically way possible. I will try the same with the alfredo sauce in the slow cooker, with a few spices.

This way I have chicken ready, with my work time I have three super busy days, and doing this just makes things easier.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #10  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaylor716 View Post
Miracle noodles??? What are these and where can I find them??? Are they available in Arkansas???
Well, if they are available in Nebraska...then you will find them anywhere! Lol, I order them from Amazon (pk of 6). They are plant fiber. So I wouldn't eat them everyday as they have a tendency to clean you out!!!! 1/2 a package is a serving so I just take the other half to work the next day for lunch! Enjoy!
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 213(Feb 19,2011)/177/168

Height: 5'6"

I have tried 3 of the WF products.

Chipotle Ranch: not a fan. it had a funny aftertaste to me.

Thousand Island: Not bad at all. This will probably be my "go to" dressing.

Thick and Spicy BBQ Sauce: Not my favorite BBQ Sauce in the world, but it's dang good for being a 0-0-0-0 product. I love me some BBW and I am from Kansas City, so I am very partial to the sweeter sauces that generally are loaded with sugar. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this one.

There are my two cents.
krdopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

I haven't tried the pasta sauces, but I like both the honey mustard and the sesame ginger salad dressings. I have the BBQ sauce, but I haven't used it yet.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

I tired the marinara sauce on a pizza crust made from the cereal packet and it was awful.

I haven't been able to find Miracle Noodles in Arkansas. I might have to try Amazon - I get everything else there already
slickmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Dipped my turnip fries in the BBQ sauce and it's pretty good! But actually, the turnip fries were great just by themselves. I used the recipe on the threads here, added just a dash of steak seasoning, and baked them on a cooling rack on top of the cookie rack. The last two minutes I had the oven on broil. They were awesome and just crispy enough!
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote