Old 05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #1  

Default Diabetes and MRC Beige Menu

Does anyone know the number of carbs/day are on the Beige menu?

I have noticed since Monday when I started the plan that my Blood Sugar has been lower than normal and eatting two eggs and a piece of toast or melba's with my supplement are not enough to get my blood sugars up. Leaving me feeling sick and nauseous the rest of the day to the point where I just can't stomach taking any pills and eating any more. I have been trying really hard to get in at least 4 HSN's a day but with that and the water and the food and feeling sick all the time I am really struggling with my blood sugar numbers.

I have an appointment with my Doctor but not until next Friday to see what she says.
enniecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by enniecat View Post

I have noticed since Monday when I started the plan that my Blood Sugar has been lower than normal and eatting two eggs and a piece of toast or melba's with my supplement are not enough to get my blood sugars up. Leaving me feeling sick and nauseous the rest of the day to the point where I just can't stomach taking any pills and eating any more. I have been trying really hard to get in at least 4 HSN's a day but with that and the water and the food and feeling sick all the time I am really struggling with my blood sugar numbers.

I have an appointment with my Doctor but not until next Friday to see what she says.
I am not sure but it is pretty low amount of carbs. If I am not mistaken, I though MRC had a different menu for diabetics....
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #3  

Quote:

That is really odd - I agree - I could have sworn there was a separate menu for diabetics. I think I saw a few on meta-balance because of the food choices needed for diabetics. I also heard about a new program .. something about menus made specifically for diabetics... Easy menus? or something like that. I would call your center immediately to find out if you are on the right menu.
born2btxgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #4  

Thanks for the reply's. I am more than a little upset because I told the center MANY times that I am diabetic and everyone told me I would be fine. I even mentioned in food class that I always keep some sort of mint or gum or even an orange juice in my desk in case I have a rapid sugar drop and they told me not to use any of these to drink a HNS concentrate.

I called my center a short time ago and they told me to come in and look over a Meta-Balance plan menu. Although the lady on the phone told me it is about the same about of food, just spread out over 3 meals with two snacks.

I also called my Doctor's office. The nurse called back and said the doctor wants me to go off plan until my appointment on Friday so that she can look over the menus and the supplements and go over everything with me in the office.

So I guess we will see where I go from here. All I can tell you it at lunch I went off plan and back to a slightly high carb menu i.e....regular 90 calorie wheat bread with turkey, lettuce, tomatoe, and a small amount of mayo and I feel a lot better this pm.
enniecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #5  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks for the reply's. I am more than a little upset because I told the center MANY times that I am diabetic and everyone told me I would be fine. I even mentioned in food class that I always keep some sort of mint or gum or even an orange juice in my desk in case I have a rapid sugar drop and they told me not to use any of these to drink a HNS concentrate.

I called my center a short time ago and they told me to come in and look over a Meta-Balance plan menu. Although the lady on the phone told me it is about the same about of food, just spread out over 3 meals with two snacks.

I also called my Doctor's office. The nurse called back and said the doctor wants me to go off plan until my appointment on Friday so that she can look over the menus and the supplements and go over everything with me in the office.

So I guess we will see where I go from here. All I can tell you it at lunch I went off plan and back to a slightly high carb menu i.e....regular 90 calorie wheat bread with turkey, lettuce, tomatoe, and a small amount of mayo and I feel a lot better this pm.
Actually, I"m also surprised that your center let you start the diet without your doctor's okay first. Anytime someone has a medical issue, the center won't sign them until they get okayed. Someone on here only has one kidney and had to get the ok from their doctor before their center allowed them to start any meal plan.

Either way, the meta-balance plan is the one that was specifically designed for diabetics. It worked well for my sister (who was diabetic). They also have Menus Made Easy, where they take your information and food preferences (likes/dislikes) and send it off to a nutritionist to have a menu created for you--however, I think this option is a little pricier.

Either way, make sure you STRONGLY advocate for yourself at the center. Some consultants don't pay much attention or don't realize when someone is getting upset until that person says something very plainly and very firmly.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote