Old 05-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/159/145 Started April 13

Height: 5'6"

Default Strange TOM tale, and energy observation

I'm writing about two of my experiences because I would have like to have read about them...

1) IPers at the clinic I go to and online have talked about having lots of energy on this program. I was the opposite. For the first 3 weeks I was barely able to function and was going to bed really early. Something has clicked in during the past few days though, all my energy is back and then some. Everyone is different, but I hope this gives a little hope if your first few weeks are rough. Apparently, I recently read, it takes a few weeks for your body to figure out how to use ketones for energy.

also,

2) I started IP 3.5 weeks ago. I started my TOM a week into the program. I lost during my first 2 weeks but then stalled for seven days in a row (while following the program carefully). I wasn't too concerned, but rather annoyed considering what I am paying. Then, two weeks to the day after my last, I started my TOM again! Since I have lost a pound a day for three days. (water retention I wasn't expecting because of an out of whack cycle).

I have since read that when you lose fat estrogen can be released from your fat cells and start addition TOMs. I didn't find this info until yesterday so thought I would post in case anyone else is experiencing the same.

I feel better knowing what's been going on the past few weeks. Hope this helps someone.

W1 (5) W2 (3) W3 (1) --7 day stall-- W4 (3 and counting)
ZM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Very good post, and helpful to all others who have just recently started IP and are experiencing these problems as well.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM123 View Post
I'm writing about two of my experiences because I would have like to have read about them...

1) IPers at the clinic I go to and online have talked about having lots of energy on this program. I was the opposite. For the first 3 weeks I was barely able to function and was going to bed really early. Something has clicked in during the past few days though, all my energy is back and then some. Everyone is different, but I hope this gives a little hope if your first few weeks are rough. Apparently, I recently read, it takes a few weeks for your body to figure out how to use ketones for energy.

also,

2) I started IP 3.5 weeks ago. I started my TOM a week into the program. I lost during my first 2 weeks but then stalled for seven days in a row (while following the program carefully). I wasn't too concerned, but rather annoyed considering what I am paying. Then, two weeks to the day after my last, I started my TOM again! Since I have lost a pound a day for three days. (water retention I wasn't expecting because of an out of whack cycle).

I have since read that when you lose fat estrogen can be released from your fat cells and start addition TOMs. I didn't find this info until yesterday so thought I would post in case anyone else is experiencing the same.

I feel better knowing what's been going on the past few weeks. Hope this helps someone.

W1 (5) W2 (3) W3 (1) --7 day stall-- W4 (3 and counting)
I have the same TOM problem! Soy can contribute greatly to this as well. I have tried to eliminate most soy products and I am down to daily spotting versus flowing!!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #4  
Candice

S/C/G: 154/140/125

Wow, thanks for the post! That's very interesting about the estrogen stores. My first 3 weeks were just like yours and I thought something was wrong with me. I'm going into my sixth week now and I feel great, it really does get better if you just stick with it!
candieshells is offline   Reply With Quote