Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #1  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Frustrated

I've been on plan ALL WEEK. My calories have been between 1200-1500 ever day. I had been down a pound earlier in the week then I spent 3 days getting my yard under control. I have a 1/2 acre of flower beds trees and grass that I mowed, took the weedeater too, prepped soil, planted, mulched, pruned, ect ect ect. I'm sore all over.. and up 4 freaking pounds. How is it I've done WAY more exercise than normal, ate on plan, and I'm still up on weight. I know it's not "real" . I know it's water weight.. that doesn't make it any less frustrating to be this sore and up on weight at the same time. Gah. Rant done. Back to your regularly scheduled programing.

On an up note... my yard looks amazing
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #2  
~Kim~

If you're sore then I'd say your muscles are definitely holding onto some water. Also when the weather changes and the heat sets in, our bodies automatically hold onto more water then they did during the colder months. I can always tell because my rings are suddenly tighter out of the blue.

It's frustrating, yes, but you know why and you know it will pass. =) I'm looking forward to fixing my little bit of a garden, it's probably no more then 20 square feet and I know how much work that is so I can't imagine how big a job you had to do.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/159/135

Height: 5'1"

Yeah I've heard the muscle thing too, that when your muscled are fatigued, they are holding on to water and inflamed slightly (hence a little bit bigger). I wouldn't worry about it.
atreyyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #4  

No answers here, but letting you know that you're not alone. I'm going through the exact same thing. Makes me wanna cry. I yell at my scale a lot. It's hard, sometimes. Most times. Best of luck to you. Never give up.
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #5  

I hear you! I went for a 6 km hike yesterday and thought surely to gawd I'd have lost something. But nope, the scale was up 0.6 today! I didn't over-eat yesterday, aside from having 200 more calories than normal up to a 1500 calories.

I'm hoping that it's just because TOM is due to arrive soon and because of muscles holding on to water. Maybe in a few days it'll sort itself out!
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #6  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

It's good that you recognize that it's water weight and that it's not "fat" weight that you've gained. It's easy to be frustrated, though, because so much of our weight loss journey is reflected on the scale...which can be a best friend or an enemy depending on what kind of day it is. Your water weight will eventually fall away and you'll be back to your old self again...with an awesome yard!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #7  
Yay for 2nd chances!

I'm considering have a glass of wine tonight.. that normally makes me release water weight like crazy.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #8  

Quote:
I'm considering have a glass of wine tonight.. that normally makes me release water weight like crazy.
If it's like how I "release water weight" when I drink then I hope there's a bathroom close by!
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #9  
Yay for 2nd chances!

Well the wine did it's job. Back down to 192 this morning. It's a high 192 but it's better that 96. Hoping that drops even further over the next couple of days.