Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Wearing fitness clothes makes me feel more active and makes me move more!

I decided for my inbetween wardrobe, especially since a lot of my fitness is walking outside and soon to be bike riding, that I should invest in some fitness clothes as my main wardrobe for this summer. I have 3 skorts (will get one more) and a few dryfit/wicking shirts. First, they are flattering. Second, I feel like holding in my gut, standing up taller and moving with more purpose when I'm wearing athletic clothes (cute ones). and lastly, it makes me feel like this is a part of my life, an important one. I didn't realize it would have that impact on me! It's a good one to have! I might keep fitness clothes as a regular wardrobe choice from now on.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/275/195

Height: 5'9"

That is great, i agree. I know when I wear my walking/running shoes during the day I always move faster, more and with better posture. They are not as fashionable as your clothes but they do the job!
girl39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #3  

That's a good idea to wear your exercise clothes!
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I tend to wear my exercise clothes around the house, as my regular clothes. Mosthly it started so I counldn't use 'having to change into exercise clothes' as an excuse not to exercise, but now its just normal.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #5  

I went and put mine on. I'm getting ready to do 30 minutes of a DVD pilates workout. I have a hard time sticking to exercising regularly.
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

it's stuff like this:

http://www.sfcitylights.com/assets/i...rt4%281%29.jpg

Or this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oUuYLbyehO...kort+large.jpg

It's nice enough to wear for every day, but perfect for running or walking or biking too.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I tend to wear my exercise clothes around the house, as my regular clothes. Mosthly it started so I counldn't use 'having to change into exercise clothes' as an excuse not to exercise, but now its just normal.
If I am at home cleaning, or just running into the store or doing yardwork, I do this as well. Then, I am not dirtying up another outfit when it is time for my workout. The pants/crops/shorts are usually always comfortable...and the tanks/tops are usually either supportive (shelf bra) or has some sort of wicking material. I love it...so most of the time my day uniform is either workout clothes or my dance leotard and getup...and then a fancier outfit either when I go out on date night with my hubby, or have a meeting...I am only really gussied up for performance.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

I work harder and get into my zone faster when I'm dressed up in my workout wear. I love wearing cute workout clothes and feel so proud of myself when I'm out running errands after the gym.
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #9  

I just did the same thing myself. I decided to buy some actual workout clothes in fun colors as well. It really makes me excited to workout. :-)
MoniqueDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #10  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Me too! Since I work from home, I can go to my Pilates class, go for a walk in between working at the computer, walk to the store...no excuses! And the stretchy pants are good for a couple sizes. I buy them just a little too snug and wear them until they can't stay up any more. Unfortunately, can't say I've ever worn them out.

I like how the compression pants make me feel, sleek and tight, even when I'm completely not! Wish I could find women's plus-size compression tanks.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Yes, I feel this way too. Also I pretty much have 3 sets of clothes: work clothes, "at home clothes" which are mostly not even fit for going grocery shopping, and exercise clothes. (I work in a country where people judge others by their clothes, and I'm a teacher whose students' families go to the same places I go.)

Since most of the At Home clothes by definition are not suitable for going out in public (stains that wouldn't come out, holes, too stretched out), it started to get too embarrassing to wear them at the gym.

Last edited by bronzeager; 04-28-2011 at 01:40 AM.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #12  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Great idea! I know when I finally bought some cute workout clothes that fit, I noticed that I was working out harder. It's almost time to buy some smaller, cute workout clothes!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Ha ha... I know what you mean. It's a transformation when I put on my trainers. I'm hopping and bouncing about like I'm in one of those fitness videos. God knows why because they only give me blisters... :P But it's definitely a good thing! I bet you feel way more inspired to do exercise, right? I know I do.
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote