Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Default Booo... I was so close!!

Back in December I got to my lowest weight, 119, while my husband was deployed. In January he came back from his deployment, we celebrated, I gained around 5 lbs in January. I chalked it up to him being home and said I'd lose it. In February we're packing up our apartment and getting ready to move from NC to WA. We're both stressed worrying about having money to move, finding jobs, etc. Gained another 5 lbs. Then March rolls around and we start on our drive, it takes us around 9 days to drive from NC to WA. We arrived at my mom's in mid-March, put all of our stuff in storage and stayed with her... 6 people in a small 2 bedroom house with 1 bathroom. My husband got a job, and I was stressed beyond belief looking for one. By the end of March... Yep, another 5 lbs. So now we're in April, I end up finding a job (2, actually! One working from home doing contract transcription, and another at a grocery store) and my husband and I move into our own place. We've been here about a week and a half, now, and it's been wonderful... except, I'm up another 5 lbs and am now at 140 lbs. Just 5 lbs less than what I was when he left.

I'm embarrassed, I'm sad, none of my clothes fit... I need to get this back under control. Lately I've been feeling sick and lethargic and I KNOW it's because I've been eating crap. I've done this before, I know what to do... it's just a matter of doing it.

My husband is also wanting to lose some weight, as he's gained also since being back from Afghanistan. I'm vegan, and now that he's out of the military he wants to transition to eating less meat which should make dinners much easier.

One of the things I've really struggled with is exercise, and I'm hoping to find a gym to attend. I want to begin weight training, which will hopefully reshape my body.

It's hard to not feel like a failure. I'm glad to be back here and I'm looking forward to giving/ receiving support.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #2  
Keep on Moving!

Wow, FreeSpirit, I'm so impressed by how much you've lost already! You aren't a failure - far from it, you've already lost 79% of the weight you wanted to lose, according to your ticker. Just 21% to go now. You've come this far, you can make it to the finish line.
georgeshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/ see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

What area of Washington are you in? I just moved from Tacoma to a little town called Mccleary near Olympia. You can loose those pounds with everyone here helping keep you motivated! This is the first time I've been able to stick to my diet because I don't get support at home and I found it here! This place seems great.
Dog Rescue Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

You've done so amazing so far, I'm really impressed! Just look at it as a slight bump in the road and try to stay positive. Look how far you've come
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Girl you know you can get back on it! You have done so well already- moving and all that you have gone through is stressful so I think you did well only gaining 20 lbs back rather than more.

Don't beat yourself up. I bet the first week you drop at least 5 of those once life gets back on track for you
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #6  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

btw, do a pregnancy test too honey, just to make sure you are safe to lose the weight, with him back home, its a possibility.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescue Mama View Post
What area of Washington are you in? I just moved from Tacoma to a little town called Mccleary near Olympia. You can loose those pounds with everyone here helping keep you motivated! This is the first time I've been able to stick to my diet because I don't get support at home and I found it here! This place seems great.
I was going to ask that myself. My husband, daughter and I live in Ft. Lewis.
We just moved here and Im going through the same thing as far as gaining weight since my husband has been home from AIT!
abetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #8  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

In my case, my weight loss has been successful this time because my life (work and home) is pretty routine and mostly structured. That allows me the ability to make the changes I need to in my diet and I can plan my meals and workouts easily. You weight gain started when hubby came home. Disruption in routine #1. Then you had to plan to move. Disruption in routine #2. Then you had to move in with others. Disruption #3. Then you jobs to worry about and then you both moved to your own place. With all these disruptions, no wonder it was difficult to stay on plan. BUT the good news is that you both seem to be relatively settled now and now you can focus on YOU again. Just do one thing at a time. Don’t think that you are going to fail right off the bat because you can’t change your diet AND exercise at the same time. Just start with one (eating) and then incorporate the other later if that works best for you. I didn’t join my gym immediately. It took me about 3-4 weeks to add that layer in.

Congrats on what you have lost so far though. That’s amazing and kudos to you!!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

georgeshair: Thanks for the encouragement! It's easy to forget the big picture and how far I've really come.

Dog Rescue Mama: We're in Silverdale in Kitsap Co. This place has always been a big source of inspiration for me, and that's why I always come back!

ilidawn: Thanks, girl! (Love your profile pic, BTW!)

beerab: 5 lbs would be nice! lol. It's been two days on and this morning I weighed in at 138.2... no doubt I was holding on to TONS of water. I'm not much of a water drinker (mostly diet coke) unless I'm intentionally drinking it.

fatmad: We had a little bit of a scare in March, but I think it was just the stress making aunt flow late. But that thought definitely crossed my mind! Would have been a good excuse for the weight gain

Kelsey21: Like I told Dog Rescue Mama, we're in Silverdale. I grew up here so I know the area pretty well. I know adjusting to a new place is really tough, but I love it here! My husband was in the Marines, so I'm not sure what AIT is, but you know what it's like when the guys come home...

ShanIAm: I do well with stability. I work shifts so my days are always a little different. Being able to plan ahead, keeping all of my leftovers, and keeping only healthy food in the house is a blessing that I took for granted before we moved in with my mom! So thankful to be back on our own. I work on my feet and just started this job, so I'm definitely going to give myself some time to adjust to that before I add exercise in. I came home last night from a 4 hour shift and my legs were KILLING me!

Thanks again, ladies! The support here is amazing and I'm so thankful to be back here.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote