Old 04-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Default Personal opinions please!

Hi, all. I have been on a plan of my own for the last four weeks, and all in all, I am pleased with everything I have done. I exercise every day, even on rest days (I just do less on rest days). I eat about 1400 cals a day, in increments of 5-6 smaller meals per day. Here is today's menu for me as an example:

8 am-1 piece of 50 calorie whole wheat toast with half a teaspoon of margarine and 1/4 cup egg whites. I also had a carrot

11 am- a pineapple smoothie with 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple chunks with a small 50 cal container of Fiber One strawberry yogurt and a half a tablespoon of peanut butter and 1/2 cup skim milk.

2 pm- 1/2 a bell pepper stuffed with tuna, diced tomatoes, onions with a tablespoon of light miracle whip (25 cals) mixed in an 80 calorie serving of feta cheese on top. I also had a 45 calorie miniature box of raisins

5 pm- 1 wrap stuffed with one fourth of a serving ground turkey, a fourth serving of black beans, diced onions, bell peppers, spinach, half an egg, 1 piece of pepperjack cheese (80 calories) and one measured serving of ketchup. I also had an orange on the side.

All in all today, I have had 1,110 calories so far. I think maybe I'll have some sugar free pudding made with skim milk or a frozen banana. I usually eat 1400-1500 calories per day in this manner. Does it look like I am doing well? Should I cut the carbs more, or do I look OK? I lost 15 pounds since the 7th of last month, so I am happy with it-but I am just making sure this seems like a good way to go. My blood sugar was pre-diabetic levels, but it has really gone down. I am hoping that I am doing well.

Oh, and I have been drinking a lot of water.

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 04-04-2011 at 08:23 PM.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/130/135

Height: 5'7"

My personal opinion is that you're not eating enough - 1400 calories seems so low for someone with your stats. (I would be starving if I consumed as little as you!) It just seems risky to average 1400 calories per day when your aim is to lose essentially 100 pounds.
I'm impressed by your food selection, however. You seem to incorporate a nice balance of fruits, vegetables, and proteins. Maybe add a few hundred additional (high-quality) calories into your diet: fiber cereal, a handful of almonds, or nut butter atop your morning toast, for just a few off-the-top-of-my-head ideas.
fatburner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #3  

I could def. eat a few more calories. Do you think that it would be too high if I aimed for 1600? Sometimes I do go up that high, but usually I stay around 1400 so it isn't hardfast. I guess that I am just afraid of my weight loss stalling, but the aim is to be healthy and sustainable, not to lose all of it at once (which isn't possible anyway). I guess I don't feel starving because I really do eat a lot of veg and that fills one up relatively easily, and I eat five to six times a day, so I feel like I am constantly eating.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #4  
~Kim~

I think your meals sound pretty solid and definitely healthy. I eat between 1200-1600 calories a day myself so I think 1400 is definitely fine as long as you feel satisfied. If your loses slow down in the future then you can always try reducing your carbs or try calorie cycling. Both make a difference for me.

You've lost 15lbs in less then a month, which is awesome, if you're content with what you're doing I say stick with it for as long as it's working for you. =)

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 04-04-2011 at 08:27 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

If everything is working now I would leave it... but, when you get to a plateau then I think you should tweak it... probably by eliminating some carbs.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

I personally eat low carb, so take my opinion FWIW...but to be uber picky, I think you could eliminate some obvious sugar sources like the light miracle whip, ketchup, raisens, even the Fiber One yogurt. I would replace them with healthy fats. I would also suggest more calories by adding even more lean protein and vegetables. Great start!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #7  

Thank you for the suggestions, guys! I really appreciate the feedback because it can really show me what I can improve on in the future.