Old 03-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default well heck. I'm back.

Hi y'all. I'd like to say it's nice to be back but, um, well, it IS nice to be in a great group like this, even if the reason stinks. Short story, I lost nearly 30 lbs last winter/spring when I popped a hernia (I bust a gut "bustin' a gut!! - no really, I think that's a hoot, right?) and stopped cold to have surgery and recover. I've been in self-indulgent slo-mo for the past year now, topping out at adding 40 pounds back on in just 12 months. Holy cow. That ain't good. Hey man, I'm a little scared - diabetes is right around the corner.

I'm back asking for help in staying accountable and staying laser focused on my goals. First weigh in is tomorrow. See you over in the chat!
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hi there, Losing80! Welcome and glad to have you - if you can/are interested, pop into the daily chat- Marching into spring and join a pretty active support group. Good luck with tomorrow's weigh in - and the "bust a gut" cracked me up
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #3  

Hello! I am new today to the forum. I am in the process of getting my profile set up. I have been through quite a bit in the last few months and have gained weight due to it. I am currently 175lbs and I'd like to get down to 150lbs. I feel great at that weight! Where do I start? I've been going to the gym everyday for the last week. I guess that's a good start. NationalParker...suggestions please. Also, Losing80...GOODLUCK! You sound motivated and destined for good progress!
mademestronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

Just remember how good if feels to get started. That feeling of being in control again.

I have been on different diets and then was here 2 years ago when I was doing MRC.
Just recently, I realized that I have gained 20 pounds in the last 18 months!
Funny how that happens right?
I am going to check out that daily chat, and Losing80, good luck!
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for all the well wishes. nationalparker - I know, it was funny! Yay, someone got it!!!!! Mademestronger, this is the right place to be. Learn from my mistake - stick around and keep with it! Keikosmom, we need to hang a bell around it's neck so it can't sneak up on us like that! hahahahahaha..... I was weighing myself and I confess I saw the weight going up, but I had a naughty devil sitting on my shoulder saying, hey, you could have gained a lot more in all this time - great going! let's celebrate with a pizza!

See you on the chat tomorrow. My goal - check in at least once before I go to bed. aargh. accountability.
Losing80 is offline   Reply With Quote