UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 14st/ticker/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'3"

Default Bit of an embarrassing subject! and maybe TMI!

Well here goes! ive been on the south beach diet for nearly 5 weeks now and im losing weight steadily BUT im having a slight issue, im ssoo bunged up the thing is with the diet i cant really eat anything like bran and im struggling to come up with anything i can have to get things moving! sorry if this was TMI but suggestions would be appreciated

mummyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

NOt sure how restrictive the plan is, but can you eat leafy greens?

If not, how about water, drinks LOTS of it. Even try some warm, that could help.

Hope someone else has more advise for you, think what it'll do to the scales when you relieve yourself
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I'm not in the UK, but I am on South Beach.

Any whole grains are acceptable in Phases 2 and 3. Also, beans would be a good way to get some fiber in. Make certain you're drinking enough water as well.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #4  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

if your not allowed beans you could try some cod liver oil or prune juice if your allowed fruit?
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #5  

Thanks everyone! im drinking tonnes of water already so it cant be that, im in phase 2 but im dubious of whole grains because they make me bloat up, im eating absolutely loads of leafy greens so it cant be either, i will try some prune juice! senakot isnt really working so i would rather try something a bit more natural
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #6  

Mummyof3 I just noticed on your ticker we both had almost the same start weight, and are at almost the same amount lost so far! Nice to have someone in a similar position, just a shame I've not got the excuse of three babies for getting fat in the first place! Good luck on reaching your goal
Old 03-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #7  

Takingcontrol - its a hard slog isnt it! all i want to do today is eat a massive bacon sandwich and massive block of chocolate lol! but whenever i feel like that i go and take a look in my wardrobe where all my lovely pre-baby clothes are! that generally cures me! it does get me down sometimes that i still have 50lbs to lose because to me thats a huge number, i got all the weight off relatively quickly with my older 2, i think it has something to do with the fact i was younger and the more babies u have the more it screws ur body up! im hoping to look good for birthday in august, i wont quite be at goal but i will look significantly better than my 6 months preggers birthday pics from last year!

Last edited by mummyof3; 03-25-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #8  

yeah I've had a really tough week keeping on track with diet, just been really hungry all the time. Gave up smoking last weekend, and that's really not helping me behave on the food! I'm managing to pretty much stay on plan, but it's making me moody n horrible! I keep on looking at the pics of me this time last year n envisaging what I could look like this time next year if I keep it up! I've gotta do this!

Had a rubbish week exercise wise too, but I'm determined to get back on that from tomorrow. I think my goal will be nearer 50 in the end, set the initial goal towards the top of a healthy BMI, as as an adult I've never been thin so not sure what weight will suit me, but, can't wait to find out!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #9  

cant believe u have managed to kick the cigs while on a diet, im not even gonna try giving up till ive lost the weight! ive set my goal weight at 133 but i know ive got a nice figure at 140, so i will see how i feel when down to that weight, ur lucky being a bit taller, when i gain even a pound i look like ive gained 7 lol! i think i make the decision weight wise when i look in the mirror and say to myself that im lookin good!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #10  

Had to quit before I come back to the UK (in two weeks) I'm gonna be jobless and not able to afford them, so thought I'd bite the bullet, wouldn't recommend it though!

If I can work really hard for these next couple of weeks hoping that work and the results of it will be enough to keep me going when I get home, but all the foods gonna be so tempting, and the beer, and Easter, dreading it!

Keep telling myself I've come too far to throw it all away now, hope I can keep going!

My height is good, but I've got a 'broad' build, so not as helpful as it may first appear. Hoping that in the next stone or so I'll really start to see a difference, feel like the changes are just around the corner, bring it on!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #11  

well most ppl cant afford them over here now, the chancellor has just put them up extra 50p a pack, im going to have to switch to roll ups dont really like them but i cant give it up yet, all my willpower has gone on the diet lol!
i know what u mean about easter, ive got 3 young kids and watching them on easter morning scoffing easter eggs is gonna be torture, plus its my daughters birthday on easter sunday so as well as the eggs theres gonna be birthday cake oh dear i may have to lock myself in the bedroom that day

Are u looking forward to coming back over here then? is all ur family in the uk?

Last edited by mummyof3; 03-25-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #12  
Sharon

[QUOTE=mummyof3;3774134]Well here goes! ive been on the south beach diet for nearly 5 weeks now and im losing weight steadily BUT im having a slight issue, im ssoo bunged up the thing is with the diet i cant really eat anything like bran and im struggling to come up with anything i can have to get things moving! sorry if this was TMI but suggestions would be appreciated

/QUOTE]

You can try taking Magnesium (on its own). One capsule at bedtime and one first think in the morning (500 mg each capsule; if 250 mg, then take 2, twice a day). It takes a few days to kick in, but this really worked for me!
sharonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #13  

sharonm - thanks so much for that i would never had thought of taking magnesium, ive just googled it and looks like its a really good solution, i honestly didnt relish the thought of having to drink prune juice eeeww! im gonna get my DH to buy some on his way home

Old 05-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Get yourself some linseed (also called flaxseed). You can use it ground, in which case you have to keep it in the fridge, but personally I think it tastes horrible and prefer the whole seeds. The golden linseed from Holland and Barrett is a good price. Start with two tablespoons first thing in the morning, washed down with two glasses of water, and work up from there if need be. Again, it's not instant, but it works very well and has an excellent reputation. It's similar to the Fybogel you can get on prescription, but without the weird chemical flavourings and such, and can I just say in passing that I really wish I'd tried it last time I was on high doses of codeine for a shoulder injury.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #15  
This one got lazyitis

S/C/G: 236/229/168

Height: 5'4"

You could try Epsom Salts (magnesium) cost about £1 for a tub from chemists, or lactulose.
O U 8 1 2 is offline   Reply With Quote