Old 03-07-2011, 04:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Cool Doing Medifast, but not much traffic on MF boards.. so here I am!

I just wanted to say hi! And ask about a couple things.. they ARE MF related, so I hope it's ok if I ask them here...

1) I read not to add Potassium to your diet.. well I am using a Salt Substitute and I am pretty sure it is all Potassium. So, should I stop the Substitute and just go with regular Salt? The MF soups are pretty bland.. I need salt. lol

2) Also, I know I saw somewhere a list of MF food items that have no soy.. I am on medicine for Hypothyroidism and read that the soy in the MF meals can inhibit the absorption of that medicine.. that I should stick with non soy MF meals the first 2-3 meals per day.

I am so excited to be here.. and look forward to making new friends.. and I can't wait to make my own ticker!!! And siggie!!!
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #2  

The Medifast website has a great FAQ section that'll help.

I try not to use extra salt but I am adding a teaspoon of boullion to my soups. Helps the flavor and adds the amount of salt I'd want.

I'm on thyroid medication so I make sure to take my medication as soon as I get up, at 6 am. Then I wait 2 hours before having my first meal. I'm not worrying too much about whether they contain soy or not, at least not now. I'll have my labs drawn at the end of March and see if I need to make any adjustments to either food/medication.

In case you're not already doing this, make sure to soak your foods for a few hours before making them, as they'll rehydrate better. When I get up in the morning I mix my soup and my oatmeal with 1/4 cup hot water, give a good stir, and then add the remainder of the water. Cover and refrigerate until ready to microwave. Really makes a difference!

Valerie
Valerieincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #3  
On a mission

S/C/G: 14/14/7 (sizes)

Height: 5'2

Hiya Pink Horse
I saw your post over on the Medifast boards (I'm MindlessGames there too) and was trying to reply but it won't let me.
It says " Access denied. This item is only available to website administrators. "
I just wanted to let you know that you were seen and 'heard' over there too
Mindless Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Valerie!! I actually don't think it's going to matter much more. I am going to 'try' to mimic MF to see if I can still lose weight. I am not sure how I am going to go about it yet, it will definitely be trial and error, but I just can't spend $300 a month of a diet. I was very fortunate that my best friend's mom gave me a months worth of food to get my a jump start.. but I only have about a weeks worth left.. so. We shall see.

And Hi Mindless Games! I guess I won't be frequenting those boards anymore.. but that's ok.. I am hoping to stick around here for a long time.

AND apparently I am a blooming idiot!! hahaha I 'thought' I posted this in Weight Loss Support, but here it is in Medifast.. unless a Moderator/Admin may have moved it? Not sure.
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Pinkhorse, you are right. One of our ever-vigilant MODs moved your post. "We never sleep"!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote