Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #1  

Question need some serious hand holding and guidance, PLEASE!

Hello, I am new to Atkins and plan to start tomorrow (famous Monday!)
I need someone to give me a comprehensive list of what to put in my mouth every day during the induction phase. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks... grocery list, etc.... basically: serious HAND HOLDING. Does anyone want to help me out with this?
I am not a huge veggie fan but I can eat them. (not brussel sprouts or asparagus)
not a fish fan either (except canned tuna)
don't eat pork.
Is it hopeless?
Appreciate any help from the forum.
thanks!
egyptola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi egyptola! I just started this week and downloaded from amazon.com Dr. Atkins' 2002 book. You'll find lists that you're looking for in there, and I believe others have said that the Atkins website is very helpful. One thing I discovered this week is roasted chicken from the supermarket deli. Very tasty and versatile! Another plus is that someone else already cooked it!

Good luck!
Fizziecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Yes the Atkins website is very helpful. It has pretty much everything you need. Here is a direct link to what you can eat on induction: http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1...thisPhase.aspx You can download it as a pdf and print it for easy reference. The books would be great to read too so you can read and understand why it works too. I know that helps me stay on track. However there are different 'versions' of Atkins the older versions that doctor Atkins wrote is very good too and is basically the same its just a bit stricter in some areas. The newer version adds things that research has shown to not affect ketosis and that can further help weight loss (such as caffiene). But either version works!

Do you like salads? broccoli? Cauliflower? Those are my staples for veggies. You will need to eat lots of veggies. They suggest that 12-15g of your 20 carbs come from veggies.

For breakfast I usually have a mim because I got egged out early. lol Link to mim recipes can be found here: http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase1...AboutMIMs.aspx You can tweak them a bit. I usually use more cinnamon and sometimes 2 packets of sweetner.

Lunch is either dinner leftovers or a spinach salad with hard boiled egg/bacon bits/cheese and ranch dressing.

Dinner always starts with a salad then is followed by meat and veggies.

Good luck and again welcome!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote