Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Feeling Unrewarded...but Binge Free Weekend Challenge 2

So last weekend I did pretty well with my binge free weekend challenge. A little mini binge Friday, no binging Saturday or Sunday. I was feeling pretty proud of myself and expected that I would get some kind of reward from the scale. Well I did a little bit Monday, it was lower than my usual Monday's so I was all excited that maybe this week I'd dip into the low end of my maintenance range. But nope, the scale strangly ticked up to the high end of my range Tuesday and kind hung out there all week. I'm back down to 142 today, but that's not usually where I like to be on Friday's. I'm pretty sure I know why my weight did this. I believe it's mainly due to water retention from my new weight training program and I ovulated this week, which always makes things weird. But I can't help but feel like my efforts went unoticed. But then I realized that that's not what maintenance is about, that's what weight loss was about. And I really can't say that I was completely unrewarded, because although my weight is on the high side of my range, due to my weight training efforts and clean eating, my belly is flatter than it's ever been and all my clothes fit well.

So onto another weekend and another binge free challenge! I'm feeling pretty good going into, however, I do have a little bit of the urge. So I plan to keep myself very busy tonight.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I don't let the scale be my reward. I have not had an alcoholic beverage in two weeks; drinking gives me the munchies (to put it mildly.) When I reached Day 11, I bought myself a new pair of gold earrings. I only weigh myself every two or three weeks because I have had horribly depressing issues with the scale in the past.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #3  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Yeah alcohol does that to me too.

Already time for an update. I stupidly went to Trader Joe's after work and I was hungry. I only went for eggs but decided to walk all the aisles. I came upon the nut aisle and spotted these seasame honey covered almonds and cashews that I had had a while back. The are the most amazing things ever. I picked them up, thought about it and put them back. Later I passed by them again, picked them up again almost put them in the basket but didn't! Victory #1! In the words of Charlie Sheen - WINNING!

I knew that there was no way those wouldn't trigger a binge and I was smart enough not to bring them home. So now I'm home eating my preplanned dinner gearing up to be strong the rest of the night. I just might make it, it's alread 7 and I still have some things to do and DH will be home after 8. Off to a good start!

Last edited by ncuneo; 03-04-2011 at 10:01 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote