Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Default Missed period but no weight loss?

HI yall! Happy Thursday!

Just wondering if this has happend to any of you. I have never really consistently worked out. For the past 2.5 weeks I have been running 2.5 miles at 25 minutes for 5 days a week. I completley missed my period this past month and went to the gyno to make sure I wasnt pregnant. Im not. He feels its becuase of my recent exercise that has caused me to miss my period. BUt i thought your body only misses a period when you have a sudden weight loss/fat loss. I dont eat very low cal but i also dont over eat. I havent lost any weight. Is it possible my body is just holding on to the weight but the fat is really decreasing? OK i am making this confusing lol Basically, is it possible that I am losing a lot of fat but its not showing up on the scale yet becuase of my crazy hormones from the increased exercise?
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Well, first I would say that your doctor is probably correct on the absent period. Second, you are already well within a healthy weight range, so it makes sense that your weightloss has screeched to a halt. Did he mention anything about your calories? If you aren't eating enough and add exercise on top of that, your body may be working overtime to hang on to every ounce.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #3  

Thanks for the reply! My theory on my weight loss is this. I am starting at whats a higher weight for me. Its not my last ten pounds. Do you get what I am saying? Its not like I started at a higher weight, and now the last ten pounds are hard to get off. They are my first and last..does that make sense? I def. eat enough. I am afraid I am not eating strict enough and thats why I am not losing. I know my body is happiest around the lower 120's but its a struggle to get there. I have been trying since April of last year. Do you think calorie cycling between 1300-1800 calories throughout the week with my workouts would work?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Yes, I understand that you have never been obese so the rule that "the lower you go, the slower it falls off" does not apply. But it may if your body has found a set point that it just feels comfortable at. I'm not saying you should just stay at your set point because you may not be comfortable at it, but nonetheless, it's still something you are up against.

It is a bit telling that you missed a period, although it could just be something flukey with your cycle, as cycles tend to be. I say as long as your calorie range is reasonable for how much you are exercising, shaking it up by cycling them couldn't hurt.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #5  

Thanks for understanding what I am saying. Its hard for me to explain it but you seem to really get how I feel!

Thanks again for the reply. Ill just continue to have a healthy lifestyle and hope it will just fall off over time.

Congrats on your weight loss by the way! You look awesome!!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #6  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

If your starting weight was higher I would have thought maybe PCOS (really you need your gyno to diagnose this, it's tough to get a diagnosis since no one really knows what causes it) but since your starting weight was pretty low my guess is that your body is trying to hold on to those last few pounds. Like junebug said, it may be that your body has found a set point. As long as you're healthy and you feel good then 129 is a really good weight for your height.

My suggestion pretty much reflects your last post, keep a healthy active lifestyle, and those last few may come off after time.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote