South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:23 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default SBD Daily Chat: Wednesday, 23 February

Good morning and by "morning" I mean the time when I force myself to get up and drink lots and lots of coffee, not the time I wake up. Hey, I never said I was a morning person. Today I'm off to the state capital to do the testimony on the bill thing. For one brief moment last night I thought I was off the hook, but no dice. It's a 2 hour drive and I have to be there at the start of the day. How wrong is that?! Ah well, enough whining, a job is a job and there are definitely worse.

It's going to get almost to freezing today and then a little warmer the next couple of days. Better yet, the sun will be out! Our snow is very slowly melting and, though I'd like it gone now, slow is better. It's going to be a beautiful late winter day in Vermont so I will enjoy the drive.

Have a good day friends. I'll stop in later.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Cyndi

Take care on your drive today. I know you'll do just fine at the capitol. I'm on the move, too, just waiting for coffee to finish. My sis and I are headed over to Glenwood for skiing and pool time. I have a meeting tomorrow night.

Take care everyone! Have a great day!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I was on plan yesterday, and it felt so good physically and emotionally **sigh** why can't I remind myself effectively of that when I am about to stray? Also the walk in the mornings is great - almost a full hour. Even though our week is not our regular routine, it is so much more peaceful than last week! Both my husband and I felt a very weird vibe last week from Wed until Sunday night. Anyone else feel this? I don't know if it was a full moon, or what. But it was weird, and not in a good way.

Today I've got budget meetings for most of the day, and a lot of prep work for them around the meetings. At least it will be very productive. Hope everyone has a great day...

Last edited by Mmckellen; 02-23-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I'm taking a break from the cleaning to check in here. The bedrooms and upstairs bathroom are done and I'm going to do tomorrow's chores (living room, dining room, and kitchen) today because Avery has her medical clearance appointment at the clinic tomorrow (so we can move) and our friends who are in town are coming over in the afternoon so I don't want to have to rush through the cleaning after the appointment. I still need a shower from my workout and then walk this morning so I bet you all are glad you can't smell me through the computer!

Cyndi, have a safe drive and good luck with your big day!

Debbie, enjoy your time with your sister!

Matilda, I don't remember feeling any vibes, but Connor sure was a bear to deal with last week so maybe he felt it.

I'm going to grab a snack and then get my nose back to the grindstone...or dusting cloth, as the case may be.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:19 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Cyndi and Debbie, drive carefully today. Hi Kara and Matilda. And hello to all who check in later.

My mom and I have a busy, busy day planned today, with all kinds of appointments and things and in between we have to finish finding all the paperwork for my mom's taxes. *gulp* I'm confident we'll get everything done but right now my head is spinning. LOL

I had a really nice day yesterday, but ate more than I should have. I've never been much for cake anyway and it really doesn't do much for me these days so we celebrated with guacamole and baked chips instead of a cake. And a nice meal. And a few snacks. You get the picture, I'm sure..... Today's a new day though and the birthday celebration is over now.

I'll be back later to catch up with everyone else.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Cyndi, I'm glad you'll have a sunny day for your drive to the capitol, and I know you'll do a great job. Our previous snow had just about all melted away, just in time for the new snow we got yesterday. Oh well, only 25 more days until Spring!

Debbie, have a safe and enjoyable drive over the mountain with your sister this morning! Survivor tonight! Are you watching it this season?

Matilda, have a productive day!

Kara, it sounds like another busy day for you!

Heidi, I hope you get all the paperwork together for your mom's taxes without any problems! We had our taxes done this past Sunday, and I'm so relieved to have that chore done.

I have a long day ahead of me, but at least it will be sunny. It's Wednesday, so I'll be spending the morning up at Susie's, and this afternoon Cindy asked me if I'd do some baking for her for the Fox Hunt. The girls don't have any after school activities for today, but we'll probably take their ponies up to the riding ring to work them since it's going to be a nice day, then I'll have them do their homework while I'm cooking their supper, then supervising showers. I hope to make it back home in time for Survivor tonight!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone. I added a little exercise to my day yesterday, Pilates, and am sure feeling it this morning...but in a good way! I've decided I'm not going to weigh myself until Monday so I can be pleased with any drop in numbers rather than stalk the scale...let's see if I can wait that long now!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm in a pretty good cheery space since I slept until nearly 6 and woke to first light. Spring really truly is coming! Today our temps go up to freezing or above so more snow will disappear. And then we'll have March when we sometimes have the worst storms of the year.

Kara, I may have missed this but when do you go to Hawaii? It must be soon if Avery is getting her med stuff done.

Cottage, I'd love to be there helping you bake today. Tell my girlies I think of them a lot. I keep Googling trips and certainly have you and yours on my radar.

Cyndi, nobody ever said we have to be morning people or was I off sick the day they covered that in Life class? I'm glad you have a sunny day for driving. Darned if I can remember your state capital but know it's not Burlington. Google time again.

Lexxis, it sounds like you and your sister are enjoying your family time. Pool and skiing sound pretty darn good to me.

Matilda, there was a full moon last week. I hope the vibes are fine for you and yours. I think a walk is a great idea and will be doing that as soon as some of this frassing ice leaves.

Heidi, I feel the same way about cake these days. Good decision re your BD treat and, yes, I get the picture. Onward!

Hi Nicole and ;welcome: to the Beach. Good decision to ignore the scale until Monday. I wish I was that strong!

Time to crank up the day and climb the "hump". I have a ton of accounting to do and the usual other stuff. A friend is coming to "borrow" some firewood and I'm not sure when so I'll stick around home. I may thaw some soup in case she would like to stay for lunch. Would you like pea soup or the creation I cobbled together from leftover spicy hummus and black beans?

Have a great day and "Let the sunshine in".
Old 02-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks, I overslept aaaaaah! Gotta hustle the kids out to the bus (they are gulping breakfast now), or drive them if they don't make it. I'm supposed to walk this AM so hopefully they will make it and I can go. busy busy busy today, dentist at lunch hour, Parks and Recreation meeting tonight, lots of work to get done in-between as I'm still catching up from my laptop issues Monday. Definitely overbooked this week - at least it will fly by and the weekend will get here quickly! Happy Hump Day ladies.

Hooray, they made the bus, and my friend and I pushed the walk to this afternoon (It's 10F outside right now, eek!). So I've got time for personals AND a shower. And I just remembered I've got spinach-crusted ham and cheese quiche for breakfast - this day is getting better!

Good luck, Cyndi, I know you will be wonderful. Slow melt is very good for me, otherwise I get a basement swimming pool.
It was a full moon last week, Matilda, but I have just been weird in general lately...
Debbie, have lots of fun skiing and swimming and being with sis today!
Kara, I'm sure I smell worse right now! And still in jammies, so glad I don't have video conferencing yet.
cottage, everyone is busy with fun stuff today, enjoy yours. I haven't been able to watch Survivor for a couple of seasons, but I caught the first one of the new season online the other day, so funny. Did I ever tell you I was a federal agent?
Ruth, I'll have the spicy hummus creation please - sounds yummy!
Heidi, sounds like you had a nice birthday yesterday and did pretty well to boot.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-23-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Heidi, I hope you get all the paperwork together without too much stress. I do all of our financial stuff throughout the year but Tom is in charge of taxes because it just sends me over the edge.

Linda, sounds like you have a packed day! What are you going to bake for the fox hunt?

Nicole, I laughed about your stalking-the-scale comment. I am totally guilty of that!

Ruth, we're moving in May. We won't get our port call date until the medical paperwork is turned in. Connor's, Kadyn's, Lukas', and mine are done and Avery's is tomorrow. Tom's is next week and then we'll meet with the medical board so they can review our records. Should be easy as none of us has any huge issues - only hang-up is Connor's asthma and that's been getting better and better every year. I don't think he's even used an inhaler or his nebulizer in over two years now! We've been through the whole process before, when we were moving here from Korea, so it's nothing new or scary.

Schmoodle, I hope your day flies by in the best way and you realize you've accomplished a ton.

Connor brought a friend home from school to do homework together so they're busy at work. I think... I can understand most of what they're saying but my nine-year-old-boy-German is a bit rusty.

Got all the cleaning done. Yay!

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-23-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

No hospital for me today. My uncle is having surgery today. Hopefully it will go well.

I am headed into work. Today we start giving our state tests to the third graders. It has to be one of the most boring things I do. You just sit there and watch your kids. You can't be doing anything else. This evening I have got a meeting for a research project I am in. It is about improving teaching and they always give us great information.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Jasmine
Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Matilda - I ask myself the same question all the time!

Nicole - I think Pilates really works! Good for you.

So I jinxed my poor teen by telling someone recently how healthy he has been this school year. Yep, sure enough, he's home sick today. Sigh.

I am considering my book club eating last night a success Which is big progress for me since I really struggle with social eating... and often the day or days leading up to it. She had cheese fondue which I am sure was high fat but I ate it anyways with only the veggies and apples. No bread, no potatoes, no cupcakes later, not candies. And when she offered to bring out the chocolate fondue she had made too, I was the first to pipe up that I was already full. That might have just been too tempting!

I sat there for hours thinking about those cupcakes and on the drive home I kept thinking how glad I was that I didn't eat any.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

MORNING!!!!!!!!!! Wish I had more time to post during the week but work has been so busy! Have a meeting soon. Just wanted to say hello! Hope everyone has an OP day and is BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Old 02-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #14  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning Beachers

Cyndi, So today is your testimony. Know you will do a great job. Safe driving my friend in that freezing temp.

Debbie, I've never skied by would love to join you in the pool.

Matilda, Good for you for staying on plan yesterday!

Heidi, Belated Sounds like you had a nice time and will have a busy time today with your mom. Tax time, oh how I hate the thought of getting started but got to soon.

Linda, hey another Survivor fan! I hope they keep Rob and Russell on for a while as it will make it so much more interesting. A fox hunt? For real? I've never known anyone who took part in one before.

Ruth, love the chickens! Put a big old grin on my face.

Jasmine, Sending good wishes for your uncle.

Karen, good for you girl! But be careful today. I've shown a pattern of making it thru an "eating situation" only to cave afterward. Be extra strong and aware today.

Today I'm going to take our little bulldog in to have his nails trimmed and believe me, that is a job. He who is normally a kittycat turns into a wild fighting tiger when getting his nails done. They call it the "red zone" because he gets so mad that the whites of his eyes actually turn red. Not a happy time for any of us. Plus last time I had them done, he somehow pulled a muscle in his neck/shoulder/back area and by the time we got home was in pain so took him to the vet and after pain and anti-inflamatory meds and crate rest for days and days, and me paying the vet most of my retirement pension (grin), he got better. Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous going in today.

to all the rest of you and to those yet to stop by. Hope we all have a good on plan beach day.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The drive in to work today was horrible we had unexpected icing last night and the road crews were not ready so all of the off ramps were icy and there were pileups everywhere. I just took it steady and slow.

My eating is back on track yeah, my clothes don't fit any differently so maybe the weekend didn't do too much damage.

Okay gotta run Have a great day
Closed Thread