Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #1  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default Veggie Carbs - Ketosis - IP Update

I was alittle concerned about the weight loss that I have had the last two weeks. So I checked my ketones, they were in the moderate category compared to the deep purple they were in the beginning. So with my weight loss lower and my ketones lower I decided to enter my meal diary in www.fitnesspal.com When I did that I was in shock, I ate the veggies on the select list but ended the day with 44 carbs and 10 fiber so it ended up at 34 carbs. Ultimate weight loss is at 25 carbs so now I know that I need to start watching the carbs in my veggies. Just thought I would share cause I have been super frustrated over the last two weeks. Ideal protein also changed there oz requirments for protein portions from 5 to 8. (My coach said she also called and asked about the eggs, they told her it was fine to go from 2 to 3 eggs). They also updated their select veggie list and suggest novi-cleanse after you have been on the diet for atleast 4 weeks. Thought I would share what I learned recently.

FYI: Fitnesspal does not have the carb count right for some of the IP products so i ended up creating my own food. Didn't realize this initially so my carbs were not as high as I thought.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase_1--updated_2-11.pdf (78.3 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Alaskaipjourney; 02-20-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added info.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I was alittle concerned about the weight loss that I have had the last two weeks. So I checked my ketones, they were in the moderate category compared to the deep purple they were in the beginning. So with my weight loss lower and my ketones lower I decided to enter my meal diary in www.fitnesspal.com When I did that I was in shock, I ate the veggies on the select list but ended the day with 44 carbs and 10 fiber so it ended up at 34 carbs. Ultimate weight loss is at 25 carbs so now I know that I need to start watching the carbs in my veggies. Just thought I would share cause I have been super frustrated over the last two weeks. Ideal protein also changed there oz requirments for protein portions from 5 to 8. (My coach said she also called and asked about the eggs, they told her it was fine to go from 2 to 3 eggs). They also updated their select veggie list and suggest novi-cleanse after you have been on the diet for atleast 4 weeks. Thought I would share what I learned recently.
You do realize that keytones should be in the moderate to trace category? If they aren't, you aren't getting enough water.

They shouldn't be in the dark dark area.
Medicmom734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #3  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I drink lots and lots of water probably close to 100 oz a day. I was told that everyone is different. Some people excrete it differently, either thru breath, feces or urine so I think everyone is a little bit different. I was told being in the purple is perfectly fine. I did just check my ketostix and moderate is where I actually am but I was trying to find any reason why my weight loss stalled for two weeks and that's why I started investigating my veggie carbs. I think I might be out of my stall now as the scale has started to move since my weigh in on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
You do realize that keytones should be in the moderate to trace category? If they aren't, you aren't getting enough water.

Last edited by Alaskaipjourney; 02-20-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

What veggies have you been eating??
whisperingshouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #5  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post

mine are always med. dark to dark-dark, but i am very well hydrated (i drink enough water, and the IP body comp machine says my hydration is great). so i think it really does depend on the person. i don't get the weird breath that most people get, so i think most of my keytones are in my urine.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Sorry, I was misinformed. Stalls do happen, and ketosis is ketosis, so, I wouldn't be so concerned as to where you are anyway. Focus more on what you are doing and eating. Trust the diet, and follow the plan.

Glad to hear the scale is moving.
Medicmom734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #7  
Taking my life back...

S/C/G: 269/IP-13th-244/180

Height: 5' 5"

Default thanks for the update...

Thanks so much for the updated phase 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post

FYI: Fitnesspal does not have the carb count right for some of the IP products so i ended up creating my own food. Didn't realize this initially so my carbs were not as high as I thought.
stayingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingalive View Post
Thanks so much for the updated phase 1...
YAY 3 eggs .........woo hoooooooooo LOVE eggs hahhah
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote