General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/167/138

Height: 5'6"

Default Anybody else have "different" rewards for weightloss?

I was shopping with a friend earlier today and found a beautiful nailpolish that I fell in love with (I pretty much collect nail polish lol), but at $8 a bottle, and being a broke college student, I didn't buy it. However, I decided that when I break into the 150's (and stay there!), I will buy that nailpolish.
I also have another goal that when I reach 145, I am going to buy myself a cookbook I have been reading everytime I go to the bookstore. When I told my friend she acted like I was crazy and simply said "aren't you supposed to buy new clothes when you lose weight?"
Does anyone else have "rewards" that are different than normal? When I say different, I mean other than the new clothes that we're all going to have to buy when we reach our goals
cgirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

My first mini goal my reward will be a manicure (something I just never do for myself). I haven't figured out the reward for my second mini goal, but my 3rd mini goal will put me into Onderland, and the reward for that is a bottle of perfume that I saw featured on TV called The 7 Virtues (at a whopping $70 a bottle). I haven't figured out the other rewards yet, I believe there are 5 in total. None of them are clothing, because to me, clothing is a necessity not a treat
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #3  
On a mission

S/C/G: 14/14/7 (sizes)

Height: 5'2

Cool

I decided that when I reach my goal weight I am going to get a new tattoo
I want to get a half sleeve to go with an older large piece on my leg.
I have met with the artist I want and I am super excited about it.
As far as clothing goes I plan on going shopping in my closet I gained weight after an injury/surgery/recuperation I just want to wear my old jeans and t shirts
Mindless Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #4  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I've settled on pretty practical things because I have REALLY poor financial impulse control and tend to love buying new things -- case in point, blowing $150 on marathon running shoes & gear and spraining my ankle the next day. But I've brainstormed all kinds of odd rewards, some of which I'm using to reward myself secretly but don't put in my signature:

• Dye my hair red
• New sticky notes & gel pens
Harper's Magazine subscription
• Sex toy ()
• Loose-leaf luxury teas (calorie-free food reward - win-win!)
• Yoga mat / strap
• Various iPod/iPhone apps

You can really have fun with tying the little things you always buy yourself to your personal goals -- like, "I will let myself buy the newest upgrade to Pocket God if I do six hours of cardio this week!" I'm a broke college student too, btw. And with all the things I'm buying myself these days, getting broker.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I am not getting myself any rewards along the way, just being happy for getting there. When I've lost it all and find I'm not having problems maintaining, I want to take a vacation - ALONE with my husband. some place where we can walk/hike/swim and enjoy the new healthier me.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/137

Height: 5'4.5"

Mine are definitely different.
Basically I get rewards for every 10-15 pounds lost.
On my list are:
bluetooth headset
apron
blender (a very good one)
air popper (popcorn)
wii fit
juicer (still debating if I need this AND a blender)

and the ultimate for reaching my goal...laser eye surgery!
Silverdrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I like non food rewards. They are more fun for me.

I got my sexy apron for the first ten pounds I lost. Just waiting for it to show up in the mail.

next one will be the new kind of perfume i want. That will be for the next ten.

after that i am not sure. I haven't looked that far ahead.
CosmicGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 117/116.5/113

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
I've settled on pretty practical things because I have REALLY poor financial impulse control and tend to love buying new things -- case in point, blowing $150 on marathon running shoes & gear and spraining my ankle the next day. But I've brainstormed all kinds of odd rewards, some of which I'm using to reward myself secretly but don't put in my signature:

• Dye my hair red
• New sticky notes & gel pens
Harper's Magazine subscription
• Sex toy ()
• Loose-leaf luxury teas (calorie-free food reward - win-win!)
• Yoga mat / strap
• Various iPod/iPhone apps

You can really have fun with tying the little things you always buy yourself to your personal goals -- like, "I will let myself buy the newest upgrade to Pocket God if I do six hours of cardio this week!" I'm a broke college student too, btw. And with all the things I'm buying myself these days, getting broker.
Haha, your list is so cute (**** yeah GEL PENS kick ***). I know, it's hard to reward yourself with out feeling guilty when you're low on funds. I'm in the same boat. I guess I'd rather feel guilty for spending money on a magazine or cute running shoes even, when compared to how I feel for eating too much junk though.
japanophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I didn't buy myself anything! I remember not even weighing myself for a good 50 lbs loss. My reward was love! Nothing topped that! Plus it was free.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/167/138

Height: 5'6"

Mindless Games I too want to get a small tattoo in memory of a family member when I reach my goal, I have wanted it for a long time and I think reaching the goal will give me the courage to get it done! lol!
everyone has such good rewards! I might steal a few
cgirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I have added a new song to my IPOD for every pound. It's cheap but with all the cardio I do I really enjoy it. Occasionally I accidently add more then one!!

Of course the new clothes I have to buy are a lot of reward...
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 238/215/160

Height: 5'7"

Oooh, I like the new song idea.
Twiddlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Im getting a tattoo at 100 pounds gone. 11 more to go!
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #14  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

You chicks' rewards for reaching your goals sound great! Gel pens are AWESOME.

I am hoping to be able to reward myself for every 5 lbs. lost, as well as every 5% and 10%. Positive reinforcement goes a long way with me.

So far I've been to a movie and bought myself a comforter for my bed (nothing fancy or expensive, just something to keep me warm).

Future reward plans include buying CDs and DVDs, going to see movies at the theater, buying body mists/perfumes, and new sheets. For major milestones I'd like to purchase some more expensive items - a shotgun, an acoustic guitar or banjo, etc., but that will depend on my finances.

Clothes can be great motivators, but I don't think I want to invest too much in them until I'm a much lower, stable weight. I'll probably (hopefully!) have to put together a nice professional wardrobe, but I think a nice non-work wardrobe might be a good reward for maintaining half a year, or something like that. Do any of you feel similarly?
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #15  
On a mission

S/C/G: 14/14/7 (sizes)

Height: 5'2

I like the song for the ipod idea... a lot actually.
I think i am going to steal that idea.
Mindless Games is offline   Reply With Quote