Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 06:42 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #248

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:50 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Ok I was just snooping and saw we were on two pages so I went ahead and started us fresh! It had been awhile since I last did it and I had to stop and think for a few minutes. Now the room smells of smoke!!!!!

I had every intention of staying put today and work on my school work to catch up but I ended up running errands today and didn't get home till 2 pm. I did manage to start my second English assignment then had John take me over to Lowe's to get two electric heaters for the store for tomorrow. He gets a discount!!Our heater is broke and it will take 2 weeks to replace it if I can get corporate to hurry up and approve the bid!! In the meantime, we are suppose to get 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow! NOt looking forward to it!!

Well I just wanted to check in with you all. I need to get the boy a bath and get lunches ready for tomorrow!!

I do just have to say CONGRATULATIONS SARA!! WEIGH TO GO!!
I was almost at the 100 lb mark...3 lbs away to be exact...then gained most of it back with my pregnancy! Just can't seem to get back on track!!

I'll be back again soon!! TTFN Michelle
Old 12-04-2002, 06:51 PM   #3  

I thought I better say what I said on the old thread, so Sara can read it:

Sara,

I read your journal, its amazing Congratulations!! I can understand yout light bulb moment, but, what are you eating? Are you on a plan?

Thanks,
Cathy
Old 12-04-2002, 07:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

GEEZ TINA .... FROM YOUR STATS I'D SAY YOU ARE SOON TO BE OUR NEXT 100 LB WINNER!

I'm going to have to watch you v..e..r..y..... closely.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:50 PM   #5  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Remember ME?

Hi everyone,

I am actually getting a chance to post today. I haven't had time to read or post or anything these last few weeks. The budget is due on Monday, and I am hoping to have it in by Friday, just to get it over with. I am so tired and stressed out from this darn thing. Yes, the job is still very, very stressful....

On a good note, despite a gain last weekend due to TOM and too much Thanksgiving, I actually got into the 260's for about 3 minutes. I got my 60 pound star only to dip below 60 pounds last weekend. I am not gaining as much as I could, so that is a good thing.

I have an opportunity to apply for a job at my old department, but have decided not to, as the stress there would be worse then what I am going through right now. The money is definitely not worth the hassle.

I don't know if anyone has tried this recipe, but it is for 0points and is pretty good.

Magic Soup

1 can (14.5) of french style green beans
1 can (14.5) of carrots
1 can (14.5) of stewed tomatoes
1 can (14.5) of diced tomatoes
1 onion (diced)
1 packet of hidden valley ranch dressing (powder)

Put all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 2 hours.

0 points

I have been eating it for the last two days and must say that it is good.

Well, I hope you all are doing well. I hope to get back into posting and reading next week.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:53 PM   #6  
Falling, but fighting...

Default This is a test

Just testing to see if my pics will post.

This is me, my husband and my son Andrew in Disney back in July.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:50 PM   #7  

Talking You guys are AWESOME!

Ahhh! That was the best party I've ever had! All your congrats and balloons and congo lines made me very smiley! People popping in just to see if I made it to the 100lb lost mark is SO sweet! I feel TRULY SUPPORTED and encouraged! You guys have made SO MUCH difference this time... I suggest all dieters have some of "you guys" too!

Forgiven: Nice to see you again! I can't believe you read ALL THE WAY back in my journal to when I talked about "that lightbulb moment"! Hmm... just because you asked nicely, I'll let you in on my daily menu BUT, for anyone else that reads this, send me $29.95!

Breakfast: A very low-fat, low-cal yogurt and a piece of fruit.

Lunch: A veggie dog and mustard with WW's Smartchoice bread as a bun OR an openfaced sandwich (WW bread again) with a couple of lean cold cuts with mustard.

Snacks: Herbal Tea, a piece of fruit, a small can of vegetable juice

Dinner: A piece of lean meat (chicken, turkey, pork, etc.) or fish, grilled, baked or stirfried. No sauce or VERY little sauce but lots of spices. A WHOLE BUNCH of veggies with just a tiny bit of low-fat, low-cal margarine.

I rarely drink anything now but water (wasted calories!). I basically eat low-cal, low-fat and somewhat low-carb (i.e. I don't have carbs with dinner or afterward). I generally do not have more than 1200 calories a day.

I also take a multivitamin daily and lately have also been eating a few of the calcium enriched tums and chewable vitimin Cs. (Those last two are actually yummy and are like a treat!)

I now exercise hard every day BUT I didn't always do this. I started off by going on power walks a few times a week and this has progressed to about 6 hour long workouts a week.

Whew! Sorry you asked?

Tina: J-Ann's right! Your "pounds lost" numbers are sneaking up there too! It'll be so exciting for you to reach that 100lbs lost mark! (Believe someone speaking from experience!) After that, there's no way to quit loosing until you've reached your goal; you'll be way too pumped to stop!

Michelle: You sound SO busy! Work, school, kid, hubby... what am I forgetting?! Hope you get your assignments all finished up so you have momentary relief!

Susie: Long time no see! Glad to see you're still going strong! Come visit more often!

OKAY. Gotta get some stuff done. Catch all you chickies later!

Sara
270/169/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 12-04-2002 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:15 PM   #8  

Just got home from seeing Dad. He seems pretty confused and is still on an IV.

I have HEAT!!!!! Sure is nice.

Thanks for all the thoughts....helps a lot. Ya know, Tina, if you sent that last guy here I wouldn't have needed to get the furnace fixed - even at 2 below!!!!

My eating today stinks....no breakfast, turkey bagel with fries for lunch and a candy bar.....not good and NOT a healthy day.....Okay, deep breathe - tomorrow we forge on....I really need some down time. My cat was locked up all day in the bedroom since the furnace guy was here and I didn't want the cat to get into the dreaded basement....so I think I will cuddle with Dusty on the couch and go to bed so I can get up and EXERCISE in the morning......

Thanks again for all the good vibes...I appreciate it.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:24 AM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning everyone. It is Thankful Thursday.
I don't remember who said that this was their favorite day but I dedicate "this" Thankful Thursday to YOU.

Michelle... thanks for starting the new thread. I am thankful to see everyone take part in that honor.
This is a BAD time for your heater to go out. Make sure to wear warm socks. I have found thick soled shoes keep my feet warmer that thin soled boots.

Forgiven Cathy.... good to see you. I hope you come back more often.

Tina.... J-ann mentioned your stats and being our next 100lb loser... how much have you lost? I missed that somewhere.
I know you are 300- now. LOL But you still better stick around here in the 300+ thread.

J-ann... I need more to work with here. LOL. Fill us in on your life. What weight did you start... have you ever been 300+? It is NOT a requirement... I just want to get to know you better. Spill the beans girl.

SusieH... Your 60 lb star... WOW !!!! And you had lost more before that too !!!! What is your total loss now??
It was sooo good to hear from you again. Andrew and your family are super. I have never been to Disneyland or world.
First I was too poor... and now too fat. BUT... some day SOON I will make it. I also want to go to Hawaii and on an Alaskan Cruise. I hear that is beautiful !!!

Speaking of Hawaii... Malia... please come back !!!
PM me if nothing else and explain why you are not posting.
Surely we can fix whatever the problem is. PLEASEEEeeeeee
Sara... Congratulations once again. I bet you are still on a HIGH. I know I would be. I also know this great group of people makes all the difference in me never giving up. Did you put before and after photos in your xmas cards?? I sure hope so.

Lucky... yep... that guy certainly heated up my little computer screen. I may be old... but he reminded me I am still alive.
Today is a new day.... hopefully you started it with exercise and will be back on track. In fact there is no hopefully involved... I KNOW you will.

Thankful Thursday....
Thankful for heat... it is COLD here.
Thankful for another chance.... I am doing GREAT
Thankful that is does not matter how many times you failed... you CAN learn a new way of eating and living.
Thankful for the friends I found here.
Thankful for still having electric power and able to use my computer... not everyone is.
Thankful for this NEW DAY.
Make it a good one.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:06 AM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Well I am definitely thankful. Overweight or not, I am thankful to be alive. I don't quite know why it affected me this way, but it did.......so I will share. Yesterday on the way home from work, a rescue truck passed me with it's lights on traveling pretty fast. Then, an ambulance came screaming past along with another rescue truck. It just kinda gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach....you know? I guess it's because I know someone is in serious peril. I try my best not to think of it in these terms, but I do. I'm such a tragic. I just keep thinking to myself that this person got up this morning.....went about their day, perhaps going to work, doing some final Christmas shopping, running errands, taking children to school.........just normal things. And little did they know that by 3:52pm, they would be in an accident that was either life threatening or ended their live. Life is so fragile. I try everyday to not say anything that I can't take back. I try to live my life treating people the way I would want to be treated........but still these things get to me.
I hope the person that all the emergency vehicles were going to yesterday are alright.

Ok, enough doom and gloom, I just kinda needed to get that out.

2cute: Thanks for reminding us to be thankful. Everyday. You sound like your really doing well. Let's hope we both keep the strength we have found in check. Here's you a {{hug}} for today.

Lucky: Glad your heat is fixed now sweetie. I kinda thought that picture would warm up your bones. Very nice, if I do say so myself. Keep up the good work with the exercise. I promise you.......if I can get this big butt into gear, I am going to make you some copies of some of my video tapes and send them your way! Here's a {{hug}} for today.

Sara: I'm glad that you feel supported, but never doubt that you are a true form of inspiration for us! You support us as well so it is a two way street. I can't wait to meet my 100 goal either. It will be such a milestone. Here's a {{hug}} for today.

Susie: I can't even tell you how good it was to see you on the thread when I came in this morning. We have really missed you. Thanks so much for posting the recipe for the magic soup.....I know what I'll be making this weekend! The picture of your family that you attached is great. Thanks so much for sharing. Please come back more often. Here is a {{hug}} for today.

J-ann: Girl....you go right ahead and watch me closely! And I'll be watching you too. We can do this together! Here's a {{hug}} for today.

Michelle: Good to see you sweetie. Sounds like your really busy lately, just like all of us. How did the collection go with that girl yesterday? Dish girl! Hope you don't need a shovel to get out of your house this morning! If I was closer, I'd lend a helping hand. Here's a {{hug}} for today.

Forgiven: Good to see you this morning. Stop by more and get to know us all. We don't bite. Well........
unless your fried, or covered in chocolate. Just a joke. Don't everyone hit me all at once! Let me rephrase: We don't bite unless your a fresh vegetable, lean meat or low fat. Better girls?

Well girls, I'm outa here. Time for co-worker to grab the computer. See you lovelies later.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:25 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Greetings,

Just a quick note. Tina, myself, and many others among us, have what I call "stats" in our signatures at the end of our posts. Hope this helps.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:59 PM   #12  
Falling, but fighting...

Thank you all for all the welcome back comments. I really appreciate you all. Yesterday, I didn't do well OP, but today is much better. I have used 11 points today through lunch and have 22 points for snacks and dinner. I am hoping to bank 5 or more points today, to make up for yesterday.

I am still pouring over the budget, but I am in the end stages of it. I have 1 more huge appropriation to look over, then just a few small ones. I think that I will be finished in plenty of time to submit it tomorrow afternoon. I am so glad this is almost over...

Got to get back to business. Talk to you all soon.

2Cute: I am now down a total of 76.5 pounds.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:49 PM   #13  

I don't see anybodys stats !!!!
I am going to go check out my profile and see if I have some button turned off to not show signatures. I don't see any signatures of any kind.
Weird
Old 12-05-2002, 02:55 PM   #14  

Yep... I am a dufuss.

I did not know "I" had a signature either.
I wrote that so long ago.. and forgot I wrote it. duh

If anyone else is like me... there is a place you can turn off signatures. You can find it in your control panel under "options".
I turned mine off and did not know it.

Now I can "see" !!!!

Wish I could visit... but I spent too much time on this computer today. I will be back tonight.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:55 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just a quick note. I didn't want to leave you all hanging without the 5th installment of that article. Or do you guys even care? Maybe I'm typing for nothing. Oh well, can't eat and type too.

5th hint from Family Circle magazine:
Cut down on alcohol. Alcohol makes you less inhibited and -- as a result -- can cause you to eat more than you normally would. Add to that the fact that each alcoholic beverage may contain between 100 and 350 calories per serving, and having a few drinks could undermine your weight control. If you feel you've got to have a drink to be festive, stick to lower-calorie options such as light beer, champagne and wine spritzers. Better yet, have a seltzer with a twist of lemon or lime and save calorie indulgences for food.

I've got to run. I told you this was a quickie. Doing paperwork and trying to stay caught up.
Closed Thread