Old 02-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #1  

Default Frustrated! I gained 3 pounds for no reason!

I started counting calories in October and since have lost 68 pounds. So that's pretty fast in just 3 months. I haven't cheated or anything, and stick to my plan 100%. Well on January 28th I gained a pound. This occasionally happens now and then so I wasn't thrilled about it, but wasn't really upset about it either. Then January 29th went up another pound. Then on January 30th I stepped on the scale kind of expecting it. My scale was different every single time I stepped on it and I couldn't get the same reading twice. First I was 2 pounds less, then two pounds more, then one pound more. I was very frustrated! This happens to the scale every few weeks. Then January 31st, yet again up another pound. So in the end I gained 3 pounds, and I have no idea why. Finally February 2nd I lost a pound but am the same exact weight today on February 3rd. This is the worst week for this to happen because I really wanted to hit that 70 mark before Saturday because I'm going to a family party where I'm seeing people I havent seen since before losing weight. I wanted to be able to say 70 pounds. Obviously that isn't going to happen but I really hope I get back to that 68 pound loss by then so I feel better. This isn't fair! Anyone else have similar stories?

Last edited by GypsyQueen; 02-04-2011 at 01:46 PM.
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Gypsy Queen - My only advice is to drink lots of water between now and then. Plus, if someone asked how much you have lost at the party you could always say, "Around 70lbs".
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #3  

gypsy queen - I can imagine your frustration right now, but your stats are awesome! I would love to know the details of what you've been doing to be so successful. Sometimes our bodies make adjustments that leave us baffled. Hang in there and stick with what has produced such great results for you!
justpeachycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #4  

Oh no! I just realized theres a type o in the topic line. How do I fix it? I can spell I swear lol.

I lost it and am back at 68 pounds lost! Woohoo! If I even lose 1 more pound by tomorrow then it actually is 70 pounds. When I went to the doctor they had me at one pound more than I was when I started. Ive been so used to subtracting each pound from the weight I started at rather than the doctors chart. If that makes any sense lol.

Justpeachy Id love to share my plan and helpful tips! I actually have been doing this by basing my weight loss on a healthy diet alone with just little exercise or daily activities. Counting calories has really worked for me. Feel free to message me. I also have a blog!
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 179

Height: 5 feet 1 inch

I am brand new to this site. I, too, would like to hear how you've lost 68 pounds in this amount of time! Diet is my worst area. I can work out, but I really need help in the diet arena.
mommy050702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #6  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

Do you think you may need a new scale? Or that it's not on level ground?
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/247/180

Height: 5'11

Put the scale away and weigh once a week. Your weight will bounce around during the day so its important to weigh around the same time when you do your weigh in. Also watch your sodium intake and make sure you are drinking at least half your body weight in oz of water (example if you weight 258lbs drink 129oz of water) daily. You will drive yourself crazy looking at the scale everyday, I know I do. Now i haven't lost even close to what you have so my suggestions are coming from information of people who have been here and maintined serious losses 130+ lbs.
BBB84 is offline   Reply With Quote