Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/125/119

Height: 5'4

Default Does the anticipation of an event make you want to binge?

Ok ladies,
I am currently in law school and we have our law school prom this upcoming saturday! I am excited about going and seeing my friends all dressed up in their pretty dresses, but for some reason I am experiencing extreme anxiety about going to the event. Mostly, I am worried about whether or not I will be able to hold it together this week and not binge! It seems like I am putting all of this added pressure on myself to look good in my dress, which is causing me to stress out and want to turn to food to soothe my stress and anxiety.
I feel like a normal person would be able to use this event as motivation to eat right and diet, but for someone like me, it has become a trigger for a binge. Does anyone else experience this type of anxiety and what do you do to soothe it and beat the binge?
ivey03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Kinda, yeah...

Or sometimes certain events give me an excuse.. Like I'm startign a new job tomorrow, and it's going to be more active and not be around food.

So this past week I've been trying not to binge, but that nasty thought sticks in my head "Hey, you'll be starting a new life soon, have a blowout binge!"

Just picture how great you're going to look if you don't binge and stick to your diet.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #3  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Just take it minute by minute if you have to! Lots of deep breaths, and think of the bigger picture ~ if you binge, you are just covering up your anxiety, and after you binge the anxiety is still going to be there...it isn't going anywhere unless you work through your feelings. And not only will you still be anxious, but you'll be upset that you binged...downward spiral. Focus on being healthy and working through your thoughts!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/125/119

Height: 5'4

Oh my Gosh, Artykay, I do the exact same thing! Its like you try to convince yourself that all of the sudden you will become a way different person and not even have time to think about binging, so you start to think that you may as well get all of your binging out of your system now b/c you wont ever be doing it again. Writing it out just now, it sounds like such a ridiculous thought process, but it always seems to make sense when I am standing in my kitchen shoveling food in my mouth.
Thanks Emme for the encouragement. I know that binging is so destructive, but I feel like it has been my secret release for so long that I don't even know how to handle emotions w/o it any more. One thing I have absolutely realized since joining this site, is that I can do so much better with the support and guidance of others who are going through the same thing as I am.
ivey03 is offline   Reply With Quote