General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #1  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Default be rude, but proceed with caution

soooo

i left my apartment to grab some cigarettes. yes, i know horrible habit! as i was crossing the street on my way back, there was a car trying to make a right on to the avenue i was crossing, and nearly ran me over! the passenger in the car proceeded to open the door, and berated me as the car drove off, basically telling me that i should move my "fat a**" faster...and some other rude, choice words.
i'm sensitive. i was upset by the mean, crude approach. his girlfriend almost ran me over! i had the right of way!!! arg.
so, i looked at the license plates. and i called the number to report reckless drivers (i think almost hitting me when i had the right of way is reckless) and reported them. karma sucks doesn't it.

sorry. needed to vent. i don't like mean people/reckless drivers. they should be stopped.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

It's shocking how many bad drivers there are! How do some people get licenses?
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #3  
trying to impress myself

yeah...i mean don't get me wrong, everyone makes a mistake once in a while, but i KNOW she saw me crossing and could have waited the three seconds...and her man did not have to be such a jerkface...lol
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

*mumbles* what an idiot...

Good for you for catching the license number and for reporting them!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #5  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Isn't it funny how that always seems to be the default Worst Thing To Shout At Someone? Calling them fat, I mean? Would anyone ever shout, "Hey lady, move your short little body out of the way!" or "OMG, watch where you're going, Blondie!?"

No. No, they would not, or at least very few people would. Yet "fat-***" or "fatty" or all those lovely words are one of the first things to leave people's mouths when they get all hostile.

You are working on being thinner and healthier; nothing will ever make THAT guy not be an *******. His anger issues will cause him his own set of health problems. People like that sooner or later mouth off to the wrong person and get socked in the jaw, if nothing else.

I let a guy who called me fat during an altercation in a video rental place make me cry and go off the diet I was on at the time. Don't let this jerkwad score a similar karmic win over you. Be happy because you're getting to a better place every day.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Good for you , getting the license number and reporting it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #7  
trying to impress myself

thanks for the moral support everyone i had doubts about reporting it, but it was dangerous behavior, and ****, i think i was warranted.
i didn't let me throw me off for the day, and it bugs me the most that he took so much effort to do it...opening the car door and being so mean? why take the time? grumble to yourself and move on.
i hope they get stopped. and i hope his girlfriend rips him a new one.
nola- you make such an interesting point...hey blondie...lol! and you're right- i am getting to a better place, and this guy will always be an idiot.
the truth is, i am super sensitive, and it really hurt my feelings. but i find solace in karma
Old 01-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #8  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Just curious. I don't think we have a number to call for reckless drivers here. What happens as a result of calling?
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #9  
trying to impress myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Just curious. I don't think we have a number to call for reckless drivers here. What happens as a result of calling?
so they actually re-routed me to my local police precinct, and i gave a report there. the officer took my report of what happened, a description of the driver, passenger, the car, and license plates, as well as the location. he asked for my info as well, but i declined to give it. i'm sure that guy will remember me...lol.

they also asked for the direction the car was going. they attempt to look for the vehicle, and i believe they stop them...not sure what happens from there. maybe they get a citation or something. you could google "report reckless drivers in ____" and see what comes up. there might be one there.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Wow!! Good for you! They both deserve to be tossed in jail. What if they had hit you?? Would they have called you names and driven off? People are stinking crazy these days!!
Glad you called the cops on them.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #11  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Wow.. I don't think they have anything like that in Philly... and if we do... I'm pretty sure they would laugh at you for calling it in.... Good for you for standing up for your right of way! I hate that people creep up on pedestrians when they want to turn. Just wait a second, you know!?

I'm much more aggressive and would have proceeded to shout back crude, vulgar and un-lady like language back at the offenders....

LR

Last edited by LightRaven; 01-30-2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: because I can't spell
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #12  
trying to impress myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightRaven View Post
Wow.. I don't think they have anything like that in Philly... and if we do... I'm pretty sure they would laugh at you for calling it in.... Good for you for standing up for your right of way! I hate that people creep up on pedestrians when they want to turn. Just wait a second, you know!?

I'm much more aggressive and would have proceeded to shout back crude, vulgar and un-lady like language back at the offenders....

LR
i feel you...i called it in mostly out of spite. if you wanna be a jerk, go ahead. but there are consequences. also, i was on the phone with my friend, and honestly, i was so shocked i couldn't get anything out. don't get me wrong, i have been known to hold my own, but i was walking, they were in a car and he just kept talking as they were driving. besides, getting pulled over by a cop is wayyyy more inconvenient than anything i could have shouted back. besides, i don't get into it with people in seattle. too many people around here carry concealed weapons. not worth the risk.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

Mean people suck!
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #14  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Good for you! I would have reported it to the police and also said I think she's drunk driving as well just to be a complete b!tch. I also would have called her a stupid C U Next Tuesday to her face before continuing on. I'm a dick and I love when Karma comes into play.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

My grumble is about crosswalks. They paint lines on the road and post signs because you are supposed to stop for pedestrians!!!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote