Old 01-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 210/CW 186/GW 150

Height: 5'5"

Default meal replacement bars

Anybody know if there is a brand of meal replacement bars that you can get at Walmart or Kroger that compares to the ones that the center sells?
healthygirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #2  

I'm so sick of spending so much on their bars...you can get ones that taste so much better at any grocery store. Even if they're huge 290-calorie bars, you can cut them in half and they're still bigger than some of the MRC bars (namely, those 160-180 calorie variety pack). For example, the EAS Myoplex bar has 280 calories and 25g of protein! And it tastes SO freaking amazing...better than any full-fat real candy bar you'll ever find

Just saying...

Lately, I just feel like the people at MRC are out to push their program more than your own health, so I'm tired of giving them so much money!

Last edited by mouse120; 01-25-2011 at 07:41 PM.
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthygirl30 View Post
Anybody know if there is a brand of meal replacement bars that you can get at Walmart or Kroger that compares to the ones that the center sells?
CARAMEL NUT PROTEIN BARS From MRC:
Calories: 160
Fat: 5 g
Carbs: 15 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 15 g

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER nutrition bars Market Pantry (Target brand)
210 calories
7 fat
21 carb
3 fiber
14 protein

DOUBLE DARK CHOCOLATE nutrition bars Market Pantry
180 calories
6 fat
21 carb
1 fiber
12 protein

I know that the Nutrition Facts aren't exact, but it is the closest I have found. I am not sure if they are new, but I first came across them about 2 weeks ago. They were in the front of the store (in super Target) where they display some weekly sale grocery items. I believe I paid under $5. and each box contains 5 bars. I also purchased 2 other flavors, but have since finished them and have thrown out the boxes. I LOVE them!!

I use the EAS low-carb shakes as a replacement for the creamy vanilla MRC ones and enjoy them alot as well. I think those are 110 calories, 3 grams of fat, and 17 grams of protein. (that's off the top of my head so don't quote me, but it's close!!) They have dark chocolate, milk chocolate and strawberry and are all very good. (I like them super cold)

If anyone has any other products that they found that they enjoy I would love to know about them!

Last edited by wendinnc; 01-29-2011 at 04:08 PM.
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote