Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 07:08 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Friday, hooray!

Hello everyone (or is it just Belle, KT and I again today?!),
hope you're all doing great. I feel dreadful but am trying to perk up. I'm full of the cold and it's TOM. I just have to make it through the next 5 hours and then I'm off on a girlie night out (hence why I have to get better, otherwise I'd probably go home now!).
belle, don't feel guilty about the ex. his life isn't your responsibility. he had his chance with you and he missed out. you focus on yourself and bf.
isn't there a size zero over there? and that's what all the stars are (or want to be)? it's crazy. i can understand some people being tiny because they are very petite with a delicate frame, but some people cannot be that thin no matter what they do. i hate when you see someone who is thinner than they should be. instead of being slim, all you see is a skeleton and that's not very shapely! or sexy!
as for the boob job issue. perhaps if we saw more normal boobs we wouldn't feel so abnormal with our own! i recommend communal showers. that's what they have at our gym and although i hated them at first i think being exposed to women of all shapes and sizes gives you a much healthier outlook on your own. i know my isn't great and i have good days and bad days but i don't think i could go through with plastic surgery. like kt i worry about the breastfeeding repercussions. i'd rather have a magic cream/lotion to fix stretch marks and tighten everything up!
right, best get on. come out and play!!
kirsty
Old 11-29-2002, 09:27 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default i am here!!!!

did really really well yesterday and want to post my journal of
what I ate. I normally get 20-25 points a day, and banked 10 for the day as well. I didn't even use all of those!

2cups Garden Veggie Soup
0/0/35

1 slice turkey (no skin)
2/2/33

1/2 cup mashed potatoes
2/4/31

3/4 cup butternut squash
1/5/30

1 cup carrots
1/6/29

1 crescent roll
2/8/27

1 sliver (< 1/8 of 9" pie) pumpkin pie
3/11/24

1 sliver (< 1/8 of 9" pie) custard pie
3/14/21

1 sliver (< 1/8 of 9" pie) apple pie
4/18/17

1 slice (1/8 of 9" pie) WW key lime pie
3/21/14

1/2 slice cranberry bread
2.5/23.5/11.5

2 no-bake cookies (2 points each)
4/27.5/7.5

So I am left with 7.5 out of the 10 banked, and used 2.5 banked
points. I ate everything I wanted too, so I'm very very proud of
myself

Will post again later.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:42 AM   #3  

Default yesterday's thread

Ok, just read yesterday's thread.
Here's my take:

I would never have surgery unless I NEEDED it. I need to have an operation on my jaw (I have TMJ) and am NOT looking forward to that. I also think I need to have surgery on my feet. I had surgery on my eyes when I was 5 and remember what that was like... *shiver* I don't want to go through that again unless I have to....

I went from a 38DD to a 34C (just recently went down from 36C ) I know guys like big boobs but that big?!?! My DF tells me that was the first thing he noticed about me and that was when I was a 38DD. He says they are just as good now.

I have CBH too. When I was in high school, I never got to wear "teen" clothes cause I was a size 16. Now I'm a 9/10 and I want to wear them but have those stupid hips ! I used to wear men's jeans so they would sit on my hips. I have found one place where I can buy the girly hip huggers and they actually fit, so I buy my jeans there now.

Belle I know what you man about skinny girls!!!! Ally McBeal was worse. And the bad thing was that I kinda liked the show but just couldn't watch it with Calista Flockhart and Porcia de Rossi (sp?) on that show...yikes!!!! There are so many shows with women like that on them. I watch The Practice and it has this heavy-set woman playing a lawyer and then there is Lara Flynn Boyle playing ANOTHER lawyer and she's thin as a stick! Its weird because you have two extremems on one show!

Also, I think asian women tend to be thin. I don't think I have met an over-weight asian woman. In fact, all the ones I have met are really skinny or just average size.

Thanksgiving was good. Went to DF's parents for dinner, then my parents' for dessert. My older brother went over his GF's house and my lil brother was working so I didn't even get to see them

I think thats it for me now...I'm working today so I'll check back in.

OH and I am weighing in on Saturday. I chose this so that I would watch mysefl yesterday and I think it worked
Old 11-29-2002, 09:49 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Default Good Friday!!

Hi Kirsty! I am with you on the magic boob cream. To my knowledge there isn't one yet, but I keep looking ! Yes, there is a size 0. Both of the weddings I was in this year, the other bridesmaid was a size 0. One of them had to take in the size 0. Her bones stuck out. But that is OK I don't feel really bad about it since one girl was aisian (and they are naturally really tiny) and this other girl was obviously ill and didn't look good at all.

Last night I dreamed the ex b/f broke into our apt and was trying to kill me. It was super scary. I didn't sleep very well last night and I think I kept b/f up - I must have gotten up to pee like 6 times.

Thank god it the weekend!!

Kirsty, what are you doing on your girlie night?

Lori - way to go on counting your points - that is amazing! I am so proud of you! You must be thrilled. My b/f is the same way - he says that mine are in proportion too and he really likes mine but I don't oh well. Maybe I'll try the group shower thing that Kirsty suggested! I have a LOT of exhibitionists in my gym lemme tell ya!!
Old 11-29-2002, 09:55 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Lori - I just checked out your web site - oh my god, at 221 you didnt' even look the same - you look awesome oh my god! You must be so proud.

Except for old women, I have never seen an overwieight aisian woman either. Its genetic. I, however, have the dread Austrian/German blood. THose women are genetically superior in that in times of famine, they'd outlive all the others!! Yup, a fat cell hangs onto this body. But I can still pare it down somewhat....

Well, off to get some work done
Old 11-29-2002, 10:11 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

gosh - i sound like a perv! hee hee! group showers! brings an interesting image to mind... hmmm, don't you hate the gym exhibitionists that insist on doing their hair and make-up in front of the mirror BEFORE getting dressed? yuck. at my gym there are changing cubicles (granted without doors, but they do offer a bit of privacy!) so why stand in the middle of the room? it's beyond me.
belle, i think your german/austrian blood must be similar to my scottish genes. we're born to survive the winter!
i think most men are great. they love us regardless and sometimes we lose sight of that. when i moan about my body BF gets really upset with me. we girls are far too critical of ourselves and each other. as long as we're healthy, the size on the label shouldn't matter. now i just need to convince myself of this...
my girlie night tonight consists of going to my favourite pub (also known as my second home!) for happy hour so we can get in lots of wine and cocktails. should be about 10 of us there for a big catching up and gossip sesh. and i will try to go easy on the potato wedges, which are divine. jenk - i will take you there when you come to visit!
lori - sorry to hear you need an operation on your jaw. hope it goes ok. well done on your thanksgiving eating!
i'm off to look at lori's website now!
kirsty
Old 11-29-2002, 10:15 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

lori - i love your cats! esp the kitten! bless. so cute!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 10:34 AM   #8  

Default pictures and cats =)

Hmm I wrote my mom an email once and I wrote in the subject "Cooking chicken + cats" meaning I wanted to ask her about cooking chicken and also talk about my cats and she took it as literally cooking chickens and cooking cats! It was hilarious

Yeah the kitten is cute....she's a bundle of vet bills!!! Seriously, she's been sick since we got her but is getting much better now. The older one we adopted in May and the kitten we got at the end of July. They get along really well.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics Kirsty *blush*

Hmm...I'm just gonna leave work early and use some vacation. Its soooooo dead here and there's a Bruins game on at 12....hehehe

Belle - I need that miracle cream too but I need it EVERYWHERE. I was talking to my mom about it yesterday. I have stretch marks on my boobs, hips, legs (thighs AND calfs)...ugh its SOOOOOOOOOOO GROSS. My mom says that I have always had some stretch marks on my hips and she always thought that was odd. *shrug*
Old 11-29-2002, 10:40 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Lori -don't feel bad - I have always had some too - on the backs of my knees! What is up with that?? The doc said they are growth marks (this was when I was like 10). From getting tall too fast. I heard the most bizarre thing though - that you can get stretch marks if you LOSE weight too fast. Is taht true? They said (in the magasine I was reading) that your skin tries to adapt and develops marks similar to stretch marks. I always thought you just got saggy....??

Anyway, Lori, that is a riot about your mom and the cats thing!! Ha ha!
Old 11-29-2002, 10:42 AM   #10  

Hmm I don't know, I didn't lose the weight really fast. I have those behind my knees above my calf, but I really think they are stretch marks. I just think when you lose 65 pounds you are BOUND to have stretch marks. I'd take the stretch marks over weighing 221 pounds tho
Old 11-29-2002, 10:53 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Me too.

I was always kinda chubby but I gained a LOT of weight in highschool when I was depressed (dating the ex I was telling you all about) and I got "fresh" ones -they were pinkish and horrid. I am happy to report all of mine are faded. And current b/f doesn't mind them at all. He said he didnt' "notice" which is a load of crap. They are noticalbe. Lori, my weight didnt' come off fast either and I still have about 40 more to go to my first goal. its been 2 years and only 48lbs. But I think that is good that my skin didn't sag (yet) and I Haevn't gained any back, which is also encouraging.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:24 AM   #12  
Running Babe

Default Hey Ladies

Wow, actually all the guys I have dated have liked smaller boobs and bigger hips... Actually a lot of guys like a round toosh, mine's small but very shapely (no need for butt implants here). But due to having smaller boobs, I have the advantage that they're actually kind of well, not saggy, which is cool...

Belle: yup!!! It's true!! I got stretch marks losing weight!!!!! They're all over, but hey like the men we date don't have stretch marks, love handles and the like... Basically it doesn't matter in the end, that's what I figure. I still hate the loose skin, but meh.

Lori: yup! I take both the loose skin and the stretch marks as the tradeoff for being a size 6-7. COngrats on yesterday.

Kirsty: I try and make it a rule never to complain about my body infront of a guy, but well, my guy friend was tickling me on Saturday and I am very self-conscious of my tum since it's so soft, and he looked at my tummy and said I was nuts... Guys see the whole picture, not the stretch marks... Also, I mean if we were to disect the guys we've gone out with, I doubt most have perfect bodies (though I must admit, my ex didn't have the prettiest face, but had an AMAZING body, wide shoulders, low body fat), we see the whole picture and they see the whole picture with us, which includes out sparkling personalities and what not.

Both my mom and I have been struggling a bit, so I challenged her to have only 4 overpoints days in December (but I figure 1 work xmas party, 1 friends xmas party, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve) and if we both do that we'll buy ourselves tickets to the ballet!!!

I think I'll have to change pills. I have been amazing with mine this month, taking at the proper time and what not (I slack usually although taking it daily) and I am still having breakthrough bleeding...ugh!!!!

Take Care!!

Ali
Old 11-29-2002, 11:24 AM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey gals... this is quicky because I am a glutten and came into work for less than 1 hour. I am leaving now. Emma is with me and we are going to do some quick shopping then go home. The crowds are NUTS today.

As for stretch marks... I have TONS. Partly from being overweight (boobs, tummy)... but also from being PG with Emma. I was looking at my expanding belly and the old ones are light, but soon will be coming back. My belly ones fade more than the boob ones do! My hubby has some ucky ones on his arms (from weight lifting) and his belly... so I don't feel too bad. And he honestly says he doesn't care, so that is all that counts. I also have spider veins and varicose veins (one leg). The V veins are getting bad on my left leg this PG and my doctor said I may eventually have to have surgery on them... NOOOOOO.....

Also, we have overweight Asian people here. But most are the children that were born in the US so the adapted to the US style and thus, are unhealthy just like the rest of us. They also have acne, which is not common among Asians. Tho, we have a huge population of Hmong and Laotian people here, and some Korean. So I am not sure if that makes a difference or not. Sometimes I think about the Asian way of eating and wonder if there is such a diet out there?? I love Asian food, and could easily eat a lot of rice!!!

Oh and I didn't overeat yesterday. Mostly because Emma and I have nasty colds and we weren't feeling well. I think she picked this one up at daycare.... Shame on her!

OK I am outty to go shopping... Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 12:08 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Ali - so it IS true!? Wow. You lost your weight at about 2lbs/week, didn't you? That's awesome. You know, the more I think about what Kirsty said yesterday, about "cheating" yourself, the more I think I am doing that. I think I am over-measuring. Last night I measured my cup of rice and you know, it was much smaller than my usual guess-timate. So I think this is contributing to my plateau. I am crackin' down. I wanna be under 200 for Jan 1, 2003. It would be so nice to be in a new century for the New Year.

Jen - we don't have overweight ones (maybe the odd male) but we do have many with acne. My friend (Canadian born chinese) is thin but has acne. She said in Hong Kong and moreso in China, there isn't the problem with acne. I think their bodies aren't used to the fat we eat in N. America.

Weird.....what interesting ponderings going on today!

I can tell its friday cuz I SO don't want to work.....
Old 11-29-2002, 12:46 PM   #15  
Proud Canadian

Morning ladies!
Kirsty - I want the magic cream! Put me down for a gallon. I have stretch marks from growing on my hips arms and legs but they are quite faded now. so are the ones on my boobs. I think I went from nothing to a c cup in 4 months - that's a lot of growing for a young girl. Of course, I agree with the whole men don't notice, boobs are boobs. Oh, and I think you're right about the communal shower thing - men always shower together and they seem to have less insecurities about their...ahem...equiptment then women have about their bodies.
Belle - I hate dreams like that. It feels like someone's inside your head and you have to make sure the windows and doors are still closed and locked. And the great thing about gradual weight loss is the whole the skin gets a chance to adjust and you get less flappy skin.
Lori - I looked at your pictures and, you're beautiful, I have a weird question for you - I have a tatoo on my belly, I always thought it would be cool to watch it stretch when I get pregnant. Did you have your tatoos before you lost weight? did they change? Feel free to not answer, I just wonder.
Ali - you should look into changing your pill - the first one I was on was a very low dose and had breakthrough and all that stuff, when I told a doctor about it, he called it a "twiggy pill" for little women and told me I should have a higher dose - just something to think about.
Jen - you're probably already gone but I hope you have a good weekend anyway - and get rid of that nasty cold!

OK - to work to work. We got a pile of documents today so I'm doing data entry all day and they still haven't adjusted my workstation. my wrist will be very sore at the end of the day.

I'll check in later.
KT
Closed Thread