Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 11:22 AM   #1  

Angry New here, Need Suppot

Hi All,
This is my first day here on this site. I am very excited and scared at the same time. I really hope this gives me the strength to lose weight. I live in Ontario, Canada. I am 32 years old, I have a wonderful husband and a 4 year old little girl. I have Lupus and after being on meds i have gained alot of weight. my weight right now is at 220lbs HHAAAAA.... I have just started my diet today. I need to lose this weight for me my goal for now is to lose 20lbs before x-mas then more later of course. I hope i can do it with all your help.

Bye for now Blondiegirlme
Old 11-26-2002, 11:39 PM   #2  
wsw

hi blondiegirlme

good luck with your journey. i have ms and with all the medications i'm on, i had gained when i needed to be going in the opposite direction. i know it can be rough when meds cause weight gain and hinder weight loss. hang in there. you're not alone. after trying different diet plans and consulting with my doctor, i found something that is now working for me, along with exercise which i am able to do. i went through a lot of trial and error before i could come up with a plan that is right for me. i hope it will be a smoother road for you. i wish you all the best. take care.

wsw
Old 11-27-2002, 03:04 PM   #3  

Thank-you so much for your reply and support. I haven't been doing well this week. I hope it will change. Only I can do that!!!?? I don't have a weight loss plan at this moment, really to follow. Do you have any ideas?
Blondiegirlme
Old 11-27-2002, 03:13 PM   #4  

Default Hi there

Welcome from another Canadian. I live in Alberta.

Good for you, getting going on some sort of weight loss program. There are lots of them out there, so choose one and try do that.

I have Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, and I do know that meds sure don't help us lose weight.

Come join us in the Dieting with Fibromyalgia. Not everyone on that thread has Fibro, but we all have chronic pain. Just click on our latest thread #79 and join us.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:41 AM   #5  
stbakd

hi everyone
i havve high bloood pressure and retain water. try portion control and lots of water
glen
Closed Thread