Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 11:25 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Lightbulb "Tricking" Yourself

Hey, does anyone have any new ways to make themselves eat less, or think that they're eating more? How about curb tempations? I've got this new great one, if i do say so myself! Whenever I've eaten recently, and i start to want something (even though I'm not hungry) I brush my teeth or wash with mouthwash... NOTHING sounds good after that! Peace. Love, Apryl

Old 11-19-2002, 04:29 AM   #2  
Catwoman

I bought a 12 pack of diet soda varietys, now when I start to get hungry I slurp a soda and after 1 or 2 of those there is now way i'm hungry! Helps me get my water quota in to I think..... is non caffiene drinks counted as water? I know alot of ppl count soda water or lemon soda as water but not coke because of the caffiene, whats the rule on this? these are fruit no caffiene soda's ,can I count them as part of my water?
Old 11-19-2002, 09:01 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I put a lot of my meals on a "bed of lettuce" - Yesterday for lunch I had 4 oz of chicken breast on a salad. Filling and only 4 points!

I also suck on hard candy - helps out too.

Dana
Old 11-19-2002, 09:04 AM   #4  

I do the minty fresh mouth feeling as well, but instead of brushing and mouthwash I use the Listerine Pocket Strips and Altoid mints
Old 11-19-2002, 09:20 AM   #5  

I like to plan my breakfast (or lunch or dinner) and then spread it out over snack time. Example: for lunch eat half a sandwich and a salad and have the other half sandwich mid afternoon with a piece of fruit. Breakfast I have half a bagel and 1/2 an orange and have the other half later on. I find I really am satisfied with half as much at a meal if I know the other half is there for later.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:35 AM   #6  

Brushin my teeth always helps.

Cup of tea

Water or ice cubes

Or steppin on the scale, always lose my appetite

Old 11-19-2002, 10:52 AM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Mint mouth--I've been doing this on & off since I was 12

LaCroix Sparkling water

Cutting up a whole cuke for a snack--very filling.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:09 PM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

Caffeine free diet pepsi/coke does count towards your fluid intake because of no caffeine. that is what weight watchers tells you!

I have heard of the brushing your teeth thing. That is a good one. I also do the drinking diet soda because it does fill you up even for a while. All of these ideas are good!! I have heard of people eating dill pickles cause they fill you up and have hardly any calories!

laura
Old 11-19-2002, 01:53 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I paint my nails. My hardest time is when I'm alone and the munchies are calling to me from the cabinets. I sit down and paint my nails. I can't touch anything for at least an hour! It also takes my mind off of whatever I'm craving.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:24 PM   #10  

You all have great ideas! I chew gum. Actually Dentine Ice (same effect as the toothpaste, because of the strong mint flavor)
Old 11-19-2002, 10:56 PM   #11  

Brushing your teeth definitely helps. I've decided not only am I going to be skinny, but I'm going to have the best darn looking teeth in the whole world (or I'll rub them away to stubs).
Closed Thread