Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 11:25 AM   #1  

Talking Weekend wallow

Well it is offical...I am not enjoying my life right now!

And where the heck are the rest of you?

I had such a busy day yesterday and I am having so much trouble with my back and I am sure it is because I have gained some wieght back and I do so much physical stuff...I have to get back to sensible eating and lots and lots of water.

I have been scrapping up a storm since my retreat last weekend but I have to put it away for awhile as I have to get ready for dd 10's birthday on the 9th of Dec and I haven't done a thing for Xmas.

I am also continually working on a course that I need to pass the end of Jan.

Well hope you are all having a great weekend. I have to take dd 10 to play basketball this morning, go pick up some groceries, wrap to gifts for a family birthday gathering and go to work for the evening shift.

So I better get moving!

Bye for now.

P.S. Has anyone heard anything about the new Harry Potter movie? DD 10 went last night and said it was really scary!

Elizabeth
Old 11-16-2002, 05:03 PM   #2  

Default Weekend Wallow

Hi Liz,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling that great. I guess we all feel like that at times. I know I do. There is still the odd day I feel down & sad.

While I was away...wasn't OP & gained back 5.5 lbs. of what I had lost. That alone was depressing. Now I have gained only 3.8 lbs.!!!!! Oh well....now I am back with it. It seems we make 3 steps forward & 1 step backward. We just have to keep on trying.

DH went to DS's house to help him at DS's house. They are putting new baseboards in & also new inside doors. So I have the house to myself.

I have to do some folding of laundry & a bit of cleaning up.

My sister from back east was diagnosed with breast cancer....the fast growing kind...she was diagnosed while I was there & had a partial mastectomy while I was there. The tumor hadn't spread beyond the area & hadn't gone to the lymph nodes. She was lucky.

She is an RN & had worked with 2 RN's who work in the OR now. They told the surgeon & he saved 2 hours for her. He saw her on a Monday & she had her surgery 2 days later. She just called me now. She will have radiation only.

Well I think I am rambling....so I should go.

April
Old 11-17-2002, 08:00 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Ladies,

Sorry I'm not around during the weekend, its tough getting a few minutes to myself.

Lizzzzie hang in there, you got a busy schedule, don't know how you do it. No wonder your not thinking about dieting at the moment. But don't worry I'm sure you will incorporate that into your busy world as soon as the dust settles.

April, I'm so sorry to hear what your sister went thru. But I'm happy to hear that she is doing well and recovering. Life is to short and precious and sometimes it takes something like this to make you look at yourself and say "what am I complaining for?" I know how dear sisters are, I have 3 and I lost one a couple of years ago. Cherish each other.

Well kiddies, I will , hopefully, see you all tomorrow morning or so.

Kem I will email you as soon as I can.

Love, Leenie
Old 11-17-2002, 09:17 PM   #4  

Unhappy Hugs to you April

Hi

April thanks for taking the time to say hello and offer a few words of support!

I am so sorry about your sister...it is when you hear things like that when I realize I have very little to complain about~

Leens thanks for popping in! You are so good to us!~
I hope baby is feeling better...nothing worse than a sick kid.

Talk to you all soon!

Bye for now!

Eliz
Closed Thread