Old 12-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Anyone around?

I'm getting to know 3FC and found this happy little corner - I wandered in as I hit Lifetime a little more than 1 1/2 years ago.

There seems to be a bit of dust that's settled in this forum, the last post was from a couple months ago. I was wondering if there were still a few lurkers around?

Thanks!
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Slacking lifetimer, just rejoined. Like the new program a lot.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:51 AM   #3  

Is the new program better than the old..I am still succesful with the old but here the cookbooks do not work with the new??????
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

If you have e tools or the new calculator you can figure out the points in the recipes. Points on certain foods have changed.

I feel that the new program is going to be much more successful.

Our leader told us you have to do one or the other though, you can't mix them.

They really want everyone on board with the new.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/148/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi I just started mainenance on p+ last Thursday. My first weigh in for maintenance is this afternoon. Had a good week so far. I really want to be able to keep the weight off this time. Not much activity on the maint/lifetime thread.
Carolinachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

Good luck. You can do it!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

I'm a lifetimer, alas, not currently at goal. I hope to be in back at goal late this year at least.

Maintenance is really the heart of the program. So many people are using to either being in a state of gaining weight punctuated by losing weight that it is hard to learn how to just maintain, neither gaining nor losing.

I did fine during the maintenance time but soon after I had to go out of town on business for a couple of weeks, eating out 3 times a day and gained 5 pounds. That is where I failed maintenance because I didn't want to go and weigh in while above goal weight. So I said I would go back when I was at goal and, well, you can see how that worked out....

The important thing in maintenance is to learn how to maintain and how to catch any small gains early so you get back on even keel very quickly.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/147/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky Quilts View Post
I'm getting to know 3FC and found this happy little corner - I wandered in as I hit Lifetime a little more than 1 1/2 years ago.

There seems to be a bit of dust that's settled in this forum, the last post was from a couple months ago. I was wondering if there were still a few lurkers around?

Thanks!
I just joined today....hoping to talk about the new W.W.progam.
I'm liftime for 6 years, but have put on 8-10 over the last 2 years.
I stuggle up and down.
donna0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/148/135

Height: 5'6

I've been Lifetime on WW for a couple of months now, and am struggling with some issues. I wonder if there's anyone here who can relate and give me some insight.

I was never an orthodox follower of the WW program -- too much counting/math for my temperament -- but I joined because the group support and weekly weigh-in were great motivation for me to lose. I also incorporated the general principles of the program, recipes, etc., and lost 35 lbs.

I have continued to go to weekly meetings and usually continue to weigh in, but the following factors have come into play. 1. They don't seem to know what to do with Lifetimers at the meeting; when I sign in as Lifetime, the receptionists seem to be confused and flustered. It's as though, if you're no longer on the "losing" part of the program, there's very little interest in or understanding of you or why you're there. I don't know if that's true at all WW meetings or just mine. 2. I don't feel engaged with the program anymore, and just find the points-obsessions and other elements a bit annoying; when I was in the losing phase, I was much more engaged, because I had a goal. Maintaining goal weight is an important aim -- maybe the most important -- but there's no reinforcement for it provided at WW meetings.

I am kind of superstitious; I somehow believe if I stop going to the meetings, I will regain the weight, and I really want this to be permanent. I'm sure the sense of detachment is natural, but I'd be interested in knowing if others here have experienced this, and how they dealt with it.
waiting for lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #10  

Hi!
I am a lifetimer. I will admit that I got to Lifetime many years ago and went up and down in weight many times before I finally went back to Weight Watchers last May and got back to Lifetime goal. I attend meetings weekly, and check in even though I do not weigh in every week. I have to weigh in the first meeting of the month. I think it is wonderful that lifetimers attend the meetings. Members need to see that this program is successful and Lifetimers on Maintenance are the inspiration for the losing members.
It amazes me that Leaders/receptionists are dumbfounded that a Lifetimer atttends the meetings. They should be happy to see us come through the door as we are living proof that the program works.
Maintenance can be just as challenging if not more than losing.
gottaloseit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #11  

Gottaloseit01, I commend you for getting back to goal. Today is my first day back since gaining 20ish pounds due to medical issue....any encouraging ideas or strategies you can share. Also, did you do points plus?
risabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #12  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting for lefty View Post
I have continued to go to weekly meetings and usually continue to weigh in, but the following factors have come into play. 1. They don't seem to know what to do with Lifetimers at the meeting; when I sign in as Lifetime, the receptionists seem to be confused and flustered. It's as though, if you're no longer on the "losing" part of the program, there's very little interest in or understanding of you or why you're there. I don't know if that's true at all WW meetings or just mine. 2. I don't feel engaged with the program anymore, and just find the points-obsessions and other elements a bit annoying; when I was in the losing phase, I was much more engaged, because I had a goal. Maintaining goal weight is an important aim -- maybe the most important -- but there's no reinforcement for it provided at WW meetings.

I am kind of superstitious; I somehow believe if I stop going to the meetings, I will regain the weight, and I really want this to be permanent. I'm sure the sense of detachment is natural, but I'd be interested in knowing if others here have experienced this, and how they dealt with it.

This describes me to a T. I am bored, but petrified of putting the weight back on. I fluctuate 8-10 lbs above my lowest point on WW. I would love to be able to get remotivated. I was a point-counting-guru when I lost on the old plan. I've been at goal for almost 3 yrs and just cannot wrap my brain around counting pts again or this new program.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #13  
Working on the Last 10!

S/C/G: 249/183/145

Hello,

I was hoping to see this forum more active. I follow the P+ plan, but do more of a low carb plan as that works better for me. I go to the weekly meetings because I love my leader and feel inspired by him. I also made a commitment this time around losing weight that I would go and weigh in weekly regardless of what the scale says. I figure it's easier to get back down 2 pounds than 20. I can easily be in denial without the weekly reality check.
calee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #14  
Less of a Better Me

I hope to be back at maintenance within 6 months. I am a lifetime member not at goal right now. Once I get to goal I plan to weigh in once a month. When I hit lifetime before I went out of town for work for a couple of weeks, ate out all meals, and came back about 5 pounds over goal. I didn't want to weigh in until I was back to goal and that of course didn't work out well.

In our meetings the leader acknowledges lifetime members who are at goal and gives them a Bravo sticker and often asks them things so they bring feedback to the group.

I am currently following a low carb plan (also counting WW points and counting calories) and I'm not sure if I will continue counting WW points once I get back to goal. Probably will just count carbs and calories.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #15  
Jillian stole my abs!

Well, I'm .6 away from being within 2 pounds of my goal. Gotta get busy! These last 5 pounds have been a real struggle. Although, somewhat self inflicted.