Old 12-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #1  

Question Can anyone help me find a good fitness Video?

I just started my diet, and bought The biggest Loser: Last chance Workout, i did the DVD a couple days ago and I'm still sore from it. Should I purchase a different workout more for beginners like myself? my current weight is 270, and i am wanting to lose 2 pounds a week.
munchesthepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

its a good idea to different exercises throughout the week. you could use other dvds for that, but keep trying the one you have. its completely normal to be sore after any workout your muscles aren't used to. try not to take it too far, you don't want to get injured.

for the sore muscles, its best to keep using them. try stretching walking around, whatever will warm up the muscle. for example, when my calves are sore they hurt LESS when i walk around. them when i sit/sleep they get all stiff again.

sometimes taking a hot bath w/epsom salts helps too.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

What do you like to do also? do you want to dance, there are those, do you want to use free weights? What equipment do you have.

I have two place for you to visit and look at exercise dvds, just say what you want to try.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #4  

stick with it! do what you can and don't overdo it to the point you can't move, but you will eventually increase your fitness levels. i started out with a Biggest Loser video and was sooo sore! but i stuck with it and could eventually do the whole Cardio Max dvd.
vatkins22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #5  

i like the Biggest Loser series, the bootcamp, cardio, and Jillians series. A friend tells me the Trouble Spot one is really good too. I have the Core Rhythm set but haven't used it And, I have some Billy Blanks taebo ones, and if you can start at the beginning, his stuff is really good too.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:02 AM   #6  
banned

I'm an exercise video junkie. I constantly hunt on ebay for exercise dvd lots, and stuff, and a few times I have lucked out at finding some at Big Lots. I have several Denise Austin, Kathy Smith, Veena and Neena, Rania, Jillian Michaels, The Firm. It really depends on what you like. Also, if you didn't know this already, you can rent fitness videos from netflix.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Smile

I currently do Leslie Sansone's 2 mile brisk walk dvd. I've lost about 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

If you think that would be too easy for you, maybe try her bootcamp dvd or Zumba.

(I own all 3 of these [Zumba is actually a dvd set], so I know they all are great.)

Good luck!

P.S. I have that last chance dvd myself. I am saving it to actually do it when I get to the low 200s or high 100s. Definitely wouldn't attempt it at my current weight.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/154/125

Height: 5'4''

I agree with girls - you must stick with it. Soreness will disappear as soon your body gets stronger.
I also notice that good stretching and long cool down decrease sore. Fitness videos usually have only 2-4 min cool down what is for my opinion not enough. For me is the best 10-20 min yoga stretching after every workout (Jillian's Meltdown Yoga for example). Yoga really do a magic!! :-)
Moyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Im cheap. Sooo cheap. If you're looking for a good video that you really like and dont want to keep buying them up I would try streaming something from Netflix, recording something from Fit TV on the DVR or checking out the onDemand exercise channel videos. See what type you like then buy one. I use all of these things so it kind of forces me to mix it up.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #10  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

OH my, I started 2 1/2 months ago with the exact same video. They show a beginner version, well when I started I created an even more beginner version (no weights and I stopped the video several times for the first week or two. Now 2 1/2 months later I can now do it without doing the beginner version for the most part. I have also added to my collection 6-week 6-pack abs, and 30-day shred (OMG they works you so hard, you may want to wait for these), but I also bought Leslie sansone walking video (it has a 5-mile walk, but you can do 1 mile at a time (and have 5 different ones to choose from. You may want to buy something like this and alternate. If you have to "dumb down" the Last Chance workout do that, I did and eventually I could do the beginner version and now can do most of the moves pretty well (I have one bad knee, so when they do jumping rope on one leg, I can jump on my left, but I jump on both when I'm suppose to be doing my right)

Just keep moving you can do it!!!!

I feel so much better too

Just keep moving
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

I don't think this lady is back but I just did this S.W.A.T video with Comander Tom. I love it much better then Jillian. He makes me want to trade that off and Jackie Too.

I feel good.I did not do the push ups. Just too many, like 25. Who can do that to begin with. ??

So, I did 25 minutes of it and then stopped it. That was enough for me. I'm glad that I at least did some of it.

and I like it.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #12  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

I was sore for days after my first go-round with last chance workout. I was the same weight as the OP too. Don't give up on that DVD. Pace yourself. Do the beginner modifications. Do what you can and work your way up.

If you like Jillian, I suggest for beginner DVDs. These were a godsend. You learn and burn throughout these workouts.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:27 AM   #13  
banned

I second Leslie Sansone's 5 mile walk DVD. I just tried it tonight, and am totally going to look for it on ebay (I rented it). Great workout, and it's pretty easy, so I can add more energy to it.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 01-19-2011 at 04:28 AM.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote