Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #1  

Default 3 years out from gastric bypass in feb 2011

I have done really well.I was 344 when I started got down to about 145,in the last year alot of stuff in life happened,hard stuff,started eating more.I now weigh 197 i need help on the best way to get this off after being out almost 3 years. My insurance does not cover a gbs doctor anymore.

Thanks alot
Kim E

P>S. it's great to see faces on here that have been here for years.
seabreezke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Me too! 3 years in Feb! I tell you, I would love to know how to lose at this point, but just to stay where I am is better then nothing.

I know it has a lot to do with metabolism. Now that we are years out, the body changes it Basel energey output to try and maintain the weight or gain it back to prior levels, its a challenge!

It has to do with 60 minutes of exercise, 5 times a week...making sure you have enough protien to build and maintain enough muscle mass to raise the metabolism...AND enough calories to NOT go into Starvation Mode (my problem, maybe not most peoples) and not eating and drinking at the same time, just like we did right after surgery.

Counseling is great to take the edge off of the emotional eating; and focusing on treating yourself well is key!

Good luck honey, don't beat yourself over it all, just vow to do yourself better, not next monday....not tomorrow...but right now!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 12-09-2010 at 06:50 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:40 AM   #3  
ChubNoMo

Have you tried the "5 day pouch test"? I'm thinking of doing it to get me back on track before the holidays fully kick in. I hear people do well with this. Couldn't hurt

Karin
VeggieGal is offline   Reply With Quote