View Poll Results: Where Do Most Of Your Calories Come From?
Meals 2 33.33%
Sweets & Snacks 4 66.67%
Achohol And Beverages 0 0%
I'm Not Really Sure/Never Thought About It 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 06:45 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#66)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 06:50 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #65 and read the last few posts there!!!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 08:00 PM   #3  

With the holidays right around the corner, I wanted to share a great chicken recipe with you!!

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
6-7 lb. chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup uncooked popcorn salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for popping sounds. When the chicken's *** blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it is done.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:29 PM   #4  

Good One Sherry. When I was looking at the recipe I thought gee a cup of butter, that isn't low fat....lol
I like the banner. It is all white here. We went away with just a sprinkle and now the snow is here to stay now.

Have a good night everyone.

DEe
Old 11-13-2002, 09:13 AM   #5  
Losing it!

Hey Sher: This is pretty much how I cook everyday!!!! Good one!!!!

Dee: Glad you made it back safe & sound and you had fun!!!

Deb: The kits that you seen are very "one time only" oriented. They do not make a good batch of brew on wine. If you want the good stuff customized to your liking, you can get a equipment kit for basically about the same price. We have fermenting buckets, glass carboys, all kinds of stuff to measure the alcohol content etc. We can make 5 gallons at a time. In fact, tonight Steve will be back home and his batch of brew is ready to bottle. I believe he said he will end up with about 50 bottles. Let me know if your interested and I will send a few site links to you so you can get a better idea.

Finished painting the bath, I do not like it, but will live with it for now. At least it brightened the room up....
The past few days, everything that I have done either breaks or turns out lousy, maybe I should just sit back and eat bon-bons on the couch!
Old 11-13-2002, 11:27 AM   #6  

Morning Floozies.

Sherry: I was just reading an article about pain relievers and weight gain. I know you've had a toothache and may have taken some form of pain reliever. You said you were up 1 pound and this could likely be the cause.
"The heavy-duty pain relief of naproxen and ibuprofen helps when you're recovering...but fluid retention is a side effect....."

I finally got the results of my tests in the mail last night. I have 24% aortic valve damage from taking Redux. I'm not sure what to do from here. I'm going to be doing a lot of research on the internet.

In addition to this, I guess you could say I'm suffering from a broken heart as well. One week ago today, my youngest son(whom I thought had really changed while at basic training) was arrested for DUI and minor in possesion. I was called to the phone during church services and had to write a check for $965.00 to get him out. I am so hurt by his actions. If he feels he has to drink, why does he have to get behind the wheel? He had just bought a brand new truck when he got home and now the insurance will be so rediculously high, he'll never be able to pay it. The really bad part is, most of his "friends" have gotten them too and they all act like it is no big deal. WELL, it IS a big deal to me. Because our names are on the truck with his, it is staying parked in the yard. He will loose his liscence for 3 months anyway and won't be able to drive. I just don't understand the carelessness of drinking and driving. Even though he just barely registered, barely still counts.
Needless to say it has taken the wind out of my Christmas mood. Not to mention, that was most of my Christmas money that is now blown. And, my eating......don't even ask!
Well, I feel better now getting it off my chest. I just hate the feeling of holding my breath each time the phone rings...just like before.

Take care everyone....
Ramona
Old 11-13-2002, 12:03 PM   #7  

Remember me....

Was one of the originals. Live in Kentucky and have missed all my friends here.

My computer had a major,major computer attack and needed to get repaired took close to a month.

Kept telling everyone I needed my puter Now...

Love you and will get back later tonite

I ammmmmmmmmmm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Old 11-13-2002, 02:17 PM   #8  

Ramona I am so sorry to hear of your heart break. Don't give up. I know that it is discouraging believe me I know! Stress is hard on the diet too. You just have to keep in mind why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. What is over the limit for drinking? We are allowed about 1 drink every 2-3 hours. Pretty tough drinking laws here and they also impound your vehicle which after you have to pay to get it out. They keep it til you go to court which takes minamum 30 days. It is a criminal offence here so we would not be allowed to go to USA. It is then hard to get a job.....license goes up to around $500 a year if it is your first offense and you lose it at least 6 months. Don't want to drink and drive here.

Welcome back Vicki. I wondered where you had wandered off to.

Gayle so when are we having a wine and cheese party at your place? What color did you paint your bathroom? At least for now it is a change of color and it is inexpensive to repaint. Hope things turn around for you.

Mom is at the cancer clinic today. Everyday they have changed their mind about her treatment of infection. She had not improved she now has 3 blood clots in her leg and her infection has spread a bit further. Don't know what they will do for her today. She still needs to go to hospital daily. That could change after today though, who knows. I really don't think they know what will work for her, they keep changing meds. I will let you know how things are going. Thanks for keeping her in your prayers.

DEE
Old 11-13-2002, 02:55 PM   #9  

Ramona-So sorry to hear about your son's episode. I am not looking forward to the years when my daughters starting driving. How long were you on Redux for it to cause so much damage? Is that how you lost all your weight?

Vicki-Nice to hear from you.

Dee-Your poor mom has been through ****!!! I am still praying for her, as well as for you.

Sherry-You are a hoot!! I actually skipped over the recipe until I saw Gayle's post.

I am feeling much better today. I have only been on the Pred for 2 days, but I am doing great! It feels good to feel good!!!
Old 11-13-2002, 03:30 PM   #10  

Shelley, I am so happy that you are feeling better. It's about time!!!!!!!! I took the redux for 6 months and no, that isn't how I lost the weight. It never did really work very well. That was 5 years ago.

Dee, thanks for your kind words. I will be keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers continually.

Gotta go for now. I have to go buy some popcorn so I can make Sherry's Chicken for dinner!

Later,
Ramona
Old 11-13-2002, 06:35 PM   #11  

Hello Floozies

We are leaving in 15 min. to go bowl on our league but wanted to post first.

Ramona******OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm sooooo happy to know that the candy bars I ate didn't make me gain the pound!!! (I forgot about them until last night!!) It was my pain medication after all!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! OK...I'll confess, maybe it could have been BOTH!!!! On a more serious note now: I'm so sorry that your heart has been crushed.I know how much you wanted to believe that the service changed your Son.But just because this happened, doesn't mean that he's back to his old habits.Just keep praying for him and ask for guidence.Tell him that the money that you had to pay out was HIS Christmas THIS YEAR and NEXT YEAR!!!!!! He's VERY lucky that his truck is parked in your yard! If it were here, it would have been impounded.Hopefully you'll get passed this and I hope he learns from it.Maybe one day he'll grow up! Take care sweetie and remember that we love & care about you!!!

Gayle******I bet your bathroom looks great!!! What color is it? What is it about it that you don't like? NO....you WON'T sit back and eat bon-bons either!!!! You are so funny!!! I hope that the rest of the week is good for you!!!

Shelley*****I'm so happy that you feel better!!!Maybe after a week or so, he'll take you off the predisone and you'll feel better. I can't believe that you skipped over MY post!! LOL!!! See...you almost missed something funny!!!! Now wasn't that worth a good laugh?!!! LOL!!

Debbie*****Did you talk to James about going to Galinburg with us in Feb.? Last time we had so much fun and I know we will this time too!! Thanks again for the GREAT potatoe soup!! It was so yummy!!!!!!!

Vicki*****I'm so glad that you're back!!! Don't you just hate puter problems!!??? Post soon and let us know what all has been going on in your life.

Dee*****Your trip sounded WONDERFUL!!! I closed my eyes and imagined all the fun, music and breeze in my mind!! Gosh, I wished I could have gone with my hubby!! You deserved that trip and I'm glad you had a great time!!!

To everyone else: I'll post more later.Hubby is begging me to get off so we can leave.Post soon!!!

Love & Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 11-13-2002, 08:56 PM   #12  

Vicki sent me this. I had to share it with ya'll.It' so funny!!

THE REAL MEANINGS OF PMS

1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Swings
3. Perpetual Munching Spree
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. Provide Me Sweets
6. Pardon My Sobbing
7. Pimples May Surface
8. Pass My Sweatpants
9. Pissy Mood Syndrome
10. Primarily Men Suck
11. Pack My Suitcase
12. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

...and my favorite...

13. POTENTIAL MURDER SUSPECT
Old 11-14-2002, 09:45 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Hellllloooooo girls!!!!!!!!!!!
Here I am!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramona: I'm sorry about your son and his behavior. Just keep the faith and remember that he WILL grow up, it just takes some a bit longer then others.

Dee: Your laws on drinking are much stricter, when you go out, is it up to you to stay within the one drink per 2-3 hours or is it controlled by the establishment?

Sher: I hope the tooth is feeling better! Make a deal with ya.... I will try your popcorn chicken recipe if you will try my pepper & vineagar remedy!!!!

Shelley: I hope the tum is better!! You sound so much better this last posting!!!! Years ago I ended up taking predisone in a very large amount, puffed up like a toad and could not remember a thing! I would be mid sentence and would forget what I was saying!!! Once I went off the meds, I quickly returned to normal. Did I just say normal???? I guess as normal as I will ever be.

Vickster: I knew that you could never leave us!!!! I was beginning to wonder though... I thought maybe you and MIL had went on a cruise together!

We bottled 49 bottles of our brew last night, Steve filled and I capped with a special little capper thingie.... we need to wait 2 weeks yet before it is considered drinkable. I did try a small sip and amazingly it tasted like beer! It smells just like beer too! I will keep you inforrmed!

On to my bathroom! I painted it an anitque white which is basically an off white/eggshell hue....we live in a modular home so my walls can be a problem every so often. I had a few imperfections common with a pre-fab home that I really thought after two coats of paint, it would cover up...not! I proceeded to mix sheet rock compound into my paint, then I went back with a sea sponge and dabbed the mixture on. At first I hated it, but after I placed a few pictures here and there, it grows on you. My shower curtain is ivory with a small embroidered floral pattern with cut-outs, I painted a shelf for the wall and a small table the same antique white, I added a few Thomas Kinkade pics, candles and a few vases of flowers. The colors I went with: Antique white/eggshell on the walls/furniture, linen and plum for my accessories and towels (linen is a deep biege, plum is that newer deep purple shade that is popular now) all in all, with the Thomas kinkade prints, the floral stuff and my walls, it makes for an english garden like bath. My husband was away over the three days that I did this... he is not saying... but I know he is not happy!!!! He is very set on everything being just so (I call it anal) and I know with me adding texture to the walls, it is driving him nuts!

Have a great day gals!!!!!! Love ya!!! Gayle
Old 11-14-2002, 02:49 PM   #14  

Shelley I am glad that you are feeling better. I pray that each day will get better for you.

Ramona sorry I forgot to mention your results for your heart. There was so much that I wanted to say to you it slipped my mind. What can be done about your valve? I guess that with the damage you must be tired. So sorry to hear about the news was not good.

Sherry love those pms meanings. How was bowling last night?

Gayle we can drink as much as we want just not drive. It varies as to how much you can drink without being over the limit. It depends on weight and if you have eaten anything. If I had a glass of wine without food I would be impaired. Like a crimminal., I would be arrested and charged and probably do some time in jail.
Your bathroom sounds lovely. I love Thomas Kincade"s pictures. It sounds very romantic.

Well mom now has an infection in the other arm. It is from all the needles she has had. Her other arm hasn't improved yet. Don't know what is going to happen. She thinks that the 3 blood clots in her leg are getting smaller. I guess we will have to wait and see what tomorrow will bring. Thanks for the prayers.

DEE
Old 11-14-2002, 06:05 PM   #15  

Hi

I went into work late today (2 hrs. late) because I had to take Drew to the Dr. We thought he had strep throat but the test came back negative. He has a throat infection, sinus infection and an ear infection!! Poor baby!!

After work, I went and got my FLU SHOT!! This is only the 2nd one I've ever had.My arm is soooo sore tonight!!!! I guess I'm just a big baby!! LOL!

Gayle.........Your bathroom sounds so BEAUTIFUL and romantic!!!! You have so many talents!!

Gotta go & cook dinner!!

Later....
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Closed Thread