Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 10:25 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 11/11 - 11/17

Just starting the topic. Be right back.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:31 AM   #2  

Wow, it sure was quiet last week.

I'm posting a maintain this week. I stayed up way too late on Friday night (Tony was playing cards with the guys and I never get to sleep until he's home) so I slept through my meeting but I weighed myself when I got up and it was the same on the home scale as when I stepped on it last week before my meeting. I'm, a little disappointed but not really surprised since there were a couple of days when I ate my activity points. I've found (as others in my meeting have) that I don't lose as well when I eat all my activity points (one or two here and there don't seem to matter). I did OK at the Italian restaurant although I did decide to have dessert having had only one tiny piece of bread and a fairly low point entree. Yesterday was a bit rougher - I'm not sure why. In any case, I'm back on track and working towards losing 2 pounds this week. I'm NOT going to eat my activity points - and I'm going to eat within my range.

Have a great one!

Judy
163.6/158.2/135
Old 11-11-2002, 12:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on the maintain. I know you're disappointed with it, but still it's not a gain and perhaps just your body getting ready for another good loss next week. Good job at the Italian Restaurant. I too have a hard time sleeping when John is not at home. Although, he worked last night and I ended up sleeping so soundly on the couch that I didn't even hear him come home or start a shower.

I had an ok weekend. We had my family over for dinner on Saturday. I didn't really overdo it, so that was good. Yesterday was more of a snacky kind of day - no real meal. Today is off to a good start.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 11-12-2002, 08:24 AM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink its good in my book

Hi Judy. I agree with cece, a maintain is almost....(almost) as good as a loss in my books. It means that your body is adjusting and regulating itself and quite possibly will result in a (bigger) loss the following week. Hope so!! Good luck with this week.

My weekend was a blur. Why is it when you are young and without responsibility that the days just drag on? Remember summer vacation? And now, the days just fly by and days blur into each other and then another week is gone!! Dh and my 9 yr old son were away camping with boy scouts, so my 5 yo and I were left to have a special "mom and son" weekend. I took him to see the new movie Santa Claus 2.......it was really good. I guess I was in a silly mood, at times I was the only adult laughing but then most times during a "G" rating movie, I find that the grownups don't laugh because they don't get into the silly kind of humour of their kids. Anyway......it was very special as my son was pointing to Santa, waving at Santa.....perfect for someone who still believes in Santa!!!! what a great age!!!
I didn't weigh myself last friday as I just jumped on the bandwagon on Thursday, so I'll be weighing myself this week for the first time in a while. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
Have a good day!!
Old 11-12-2002, 09:29 AM   #5  

Carla - I'm glad to hear your weekend was OK. Congrats on not overdoing it at the dinner with your family. Those dinners are always "watch out" times for me.

Angel-eyes - How nice to have a great time with your youngest. My husband and I want to take our grandson to see that movie (he's 4 1/2). Good luck this week on your weigh in.

I had an OK day yesterday. I walked on the treadmill for about 45 minutes with a copy of very, very short run intervals - I took it easier than usual because my knees were a tiny bit achy. I picked up my journal before I went to bed and wrote a little bit - it wasn't as if I was fighting off a snack attack or anything but I figured if I wrote a couple of sentences, maybe I can get into the journal habit. I was about to finish my day with 2.5 food points in the bank when I realized that I was short a "milk" so I used 2 of those points for some chocolate soy milk.

I have a dentist's appt this afternoon - if I get home a little earlier than usual I'm going to try to get 1/2 hour exercise session in. I really want to see another 2 pound loss this week. Aside from wanting to feel like I'm going into Thanksgiving a few pounds lighter than I've been for the year, I also need to get my cholesterol checked and make a doctor's appt soon (I'm overdo). I *really* want to be a few pounds lighter - I want to hear the doctor congratulating me for losing a few pounds rather than what I heard the last time!

Have a great one,
Judy

Karen - how are ya?
Old 11-12-2002, 10:09 AM   #6  

Hi all,

angel- I want to take Ana to that movie too.. I think she'll really like it. Sounds like a nice weekend for you and your youngest. I'm sure you'll see good results at the scale on Friday.

Judy - Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. I've been thinking about writing a couple of lines a night to get in the habit too. Hey I know all about not wanting the lecture from the doctor. I'm sure you'll be getting congratulations.

Going out to lunch today - California Pizza Kitchen. I'm not hungry so I haven't had breakfast and dinner will be light as we're picking up my MIL from the airport, so I should be ok.

Have a good day all.

Carla
Old 11-12-2002, 12:46 PM   #7  

Carla - I don't know if you can see it but I'm shaking my finger at you about not eating breakfast - most important meal of the day and all..... Good luck at California Pizza Kitchen. I've never to been to one - do they have points listed on Dottie's site? Is your MIL staying with you? If so, does that work well for you?
Old 11-13-2002, 09:09 AM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Still alive. I've been struggling big time with motivation to eat right and exercise, but I know it's getting to the worst time of the year to say "to heck with it". I'm going to the gym tonight come **** or high water, and I've just dumped all the change out of my purse to resist the evil vending machine. Better go pack a lunch so I don't end up going out for the third time this week.

Miss you guys...I must get back here each day.

K
Old 11-13-2002, 11:30 AM   #9  

Hi all.

Judy - No need to shake your finger at me - I'm 100% on board with breakfast. I usually eat a good one. Yesterday I just wasn't that hungry. No points for CPK at Dotties. I'm sure the Rosemary-Chicken Potato pizza wasn't low point, but it was delicious. My MIL was actually returning from a three week vacation in Poland.

Karen - We miss you too. I join you in the struggle for motivation. But you're right, this is the worst time of year to give up the fight. Keep up the struggle every day and even if you don't make it some days, you'll greatly limit holiday damage. Good for you for dumping the change.

I lost four of those pounds from last week, so I was happy after stepping on the scale this morning. We ended up eating at McDonald's - only choice in the section of the airport where we had to wait. I could have had a salad, but I didn't. I had a Big and Tasty. It was neither big nor tasty. But then again, I really don't like McDonalds. I'm suited up to go hop on the bike in a bit. I have to start making that a habit everyday, or I'm not going to have a happy visit with my doctor in a month or so.

Have a great day.

Carla
271/267.4/243 - 1st 10%
Old 11-13-2002, 01:53 PM   #10  

Hi Karen - good to hear from you. Hey, the only way you won't succeed is if you say "to heck with it"! Of course, you know that already - the evidence isyour dumping all the change out of your purse - GOOD FORT YOU!!! YOU WILL BEAT THAT EVIL VENDING MACHINE!!! ANother way to go on getting to the gym! Hang in there, kiddo! This is a tough time of year but you can do it!

Carla - Way to go on getting rid of those 4 pounds!!!!! I know that feels great!!! I hope to come as close to losing what I gained this week. OK, finger down - glad to hear that you usually eat breakfast. Glad to hear that you are getting ready to get on the bike. If you can force yourself to do it 3 or 4 times a week for a couple of weeks, I know you'll get back to the point where you miss it if you don't do it. I know what you mean about the doctor's visit. That's what I'm keeping in the front of my mind too.

I had a good day yesterday. I got home from the dentist a little earlier than usual so I did get a 1/2 hr strength workout in. I snacked moderately last night. It was about 10 or 11 or so I was craving some chocolate. I was trying to think of what I could eat so that I could satisfy the craving and still bank a food point or two and couldn't come up with anything, sooooooo I took out my journal and wrote a little bit. When I finished, the craving was mostly gone so I ended up being about to bank a point. Maybe there's something to that journal business ;-) I'm going to try to write *something* in it every night and see how that works. So far, so good. I had a migraine this morning so I took the morning off. I'm back at work (although at home) and I'll see how I feel after work if I want to do anything exercise wise or just take today as a rest day.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 11-14-2002, 09:32 AM   #11  

Default Sure is quiet around here!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did a short aerobic workout followed by an abs workout. My eating was OK - I didn't write in my journal but I was so involved in knitting (starting a new sweater for me with some weird directions) that I hardly snacked at all! I managed to bank 2 food points. My sneak peek was annoying this morning. I'm pretty sure it's water retention (had a highish sodium dinner last night) - still, I'd like to see the scale move down!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 11-14-2002, 11:18 AM   #12  

Hi all,

Judy - Don't let the sneak peek get you down. You know that it's not a reliable indicator of what your weigh-in on Saturday will be. Good for you for writing through your chocolate craving the other night and for banking 2 points last night.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I went a few points over, but it was in a controlled, measure and count kind of way, so I'm feeling ok. I just got done with a late breakfast - oatmeal, perfect for a cold day - because I put in my 1/2 hour on the bike first thing this morning. So that's out of the way and I've strung together two days in a row of exercise. My meals are planned for the next couple of days and my pantry is stocked with healthy stuff, so I'm in good shape. No particular challenges coming up; we'll probably go out to breakfast on Sunday, but I can handle that.

Have a good day everyone.

Carla
Old 11-14-2002, 01:47 PM   #13  

Carla - you are on a roll!!!! I hope early this morning when you got off the bike (2nd day in a row) you gave yourself one HUGE pat on the back. You are going to get into that exercise habit - I know it! It sounds like you have things well in hand with meals planned and pantry stocked. You go girl! You're right about the sneak peek not being a reliable indicator - I'm also planning on guzzling a ton of water between now and then and watching my sodium intake. I have to work on Saturday (yuck!) and it looks as if I will have to get into my meeting around 7:15, weigh, change and then get to the train station for my 8:30 train. I am NOT going to skip my weigh in although I won't be able to stay for the meeting (even though my boss wants all of us there at 8:30 - which is waaaaay too early. The infrastructure people don't even think they'll be ready for us until 9:00 at the very earliest and that's if everything from 6 am on goes smoothly).
Old 11-14-2002, 02:00 PM   #14  

Judy - Yikes. Working on Saturday is bad enough, but to have to be there so early. Are you doing a conversion? Well, I didn't give myself a pat on the back per se, but I did have an appointment for a haircut, which I find very relaxing, so it felt like a reward. And I bought myself two 20oz bottles of Diet Vanilla Coke, one of which I'm enjoying now. I'll send thirsty thoughts to you so you get all your water guzzled.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:05 PM   #15  

Enjoy your Diet Vanilla Coke - I have a Diet Dr. Pepper waiting for me later...

No, it's not a conversion. It's a very large disaster recovery test. Sort of weird, because the disaster recovery site is downtown near where I used to work! Anyway, the infrastructure people are doing their thing from around 6 am until at least 9 am ( if EVERYTHING goes OK) - I think at best my boss is being a "nervous Nelly" asking everyone to be there at 8:30 - at the worst, he's going to be a little disruptive since they really don't seem to want us around too early getting in the way....
Closed Thread