View Poll Results: Do you have a strict fitness regiment?
Absolutely! I have specific workouts on specific days. 0 0%
Sort of. I have specific weekly workout goals but don't worry about what order I do them in. 2 28.57%
Organized fitness? I just figure that an activity is better than I did before. 4 57.14%
Fitness regiment? What's fitness? 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 09:18 AM   #1  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Fit Friday

I'm still obsessing on this regimented fitness routine vs. non-regimented fitness activities. Mostly because I believe that if I was strict with my regiment that my strength would improve faster. I've posted the poll just to get an idea of what everyone else does.

I personally chose option # 2 because I set goals each week but I don't have proscibed days on which I expect to accomplish them. I usually go for 2 yoga practices (1 class, 1 video at home), 2 or 3 ST sessions (either gym or video) and 3 or 4 cardio (usually 2-3 gym or video and 1-2 "fun" activities like a bike ride or walk with girlfriends).

I don't have too much planned for today. I'm going to do some yoga tonight and make homemade chicken noodle soup while I wait for CB to make it to my place from the airport. I'm such a goof - we've only been a part 3 days and I can't wait to see him!

Tomorrow I'm going to putz around my house. I work Saturday night and all day Sunday so I don't have any other weekend plans. What about you guys?
Old 11-08-2002, 09:34 AM   #2  
GO CANES!

Well...I have to agree with you on the strict thing.... a few years ago i was VERY strict with my workouts and when i did them and almost became dependant on them!! I have since slacked...hence the weight gain.....and am desperately trying to get back into it!!!
ok, enough of my whining.
no weekend plans...just football watching with the BF
Old 11-08-2002, 10:02 AM   #3  

Hi Laura, PJ and everyone else!

There are two Friday threads, I wasn't sure which to post to, so I just picked one!

Today was a big step for me, I find each morning I am buying a big muffin at the gas station for breakfast, I am sure these things are 7 points at least, I love them, but what I also find is that it gives me reason to screw up the rest of the day. My thought proces was "I already had a 7 point breakfast, I can't end the day OP now, might as well eat what I want". Isn't that sick mentality!!

Anyway, today I was at the gas station, about ready to reach for the muffin, and I said to myself, "This is going to give me reasons to eat way over in points again, the weight will never come off!". So, I bought a banana. I am so happy I did, and you know, I am just as full eating that as I was the muffin, and it is only 2 points!!

I think it is so important to start the day off right!! So, I hope this is the beginning to being obsessed about WW again. My goal is to stick to my points (no fast food this weekend) and hopefully next week start with some exercise. I think I need to start slow again, so I don't burn out.

Jayne ~ You really gave me food for thought yesterday, I was so jealous of your enthusiasm. I want that!!!

So, today is new. So far, doing well OP and I am planning a light lunch.

This weekend will be lots of exercise. We are planning grass seed in our new yard, and I am starting to prime the bedrooms. I think I am taking off of work on Monday and Tuesday to continue painting our new house. I really want to be moved in by the first week in December. Then I can decorate our new home for the holidays right away!!

Belle ~ I am glad Carmen is home, she will get stronger every day!

Jen ~ I am sorry you haven't been feeling well. I remember with all three of my pregnancies the first trimester was the worst, terrible headaches. Hang in there, and keep up the exercise and eating right (or it will bite you in the a** in the end!!)

JenK ~ I can't believe your first semester of law school is almost done. I hope my Master's program goes that fast. I start this spring. Your nephew is so sweet!!

I am getting a brain cramp, can't remember all the other posts. So, "HI! and HAPPPY FRIDAY" to Ali, Jess, KT, Laura, Marcie, PJ, Stacey, Lolly, Kirsty, Cat, Lisa (come back to us!!), and all that I missed!!!!

I will be back, I am not working today, its Friday, you can't do work on Friday!!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:35 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls!

I picked #2 as well. I find I get bored and give up if I am too "strict" or don't jazz it up a little bit. I run, lift free weights, do yoga/pilates and step class, belly dance, whatever. It works for me because I can stay excited about it.

I have a play to go to tomorrow night wiht b/f, that is my big weekend plan! Woo hoo....I actually am excited about it though. also, we are driving to Kananaskis for lunch.

OK I feel really bad and I need your advice- I had a dream last night and it was about my b/f cheating on me with a girl from my past (a bonified s*&t - she slept with everyone's b/fs and husbands) and in the dream we were about 16 and hadn't slept together. I guess I was callign out that I hated him and stuff like that. He was hurt today....but I was just dreaming! I feel guilty about it. I think I was just having anxiety as things have been going really good with us and I get afraid theother shoe will drop, you know? Anyway, I don't know what to do about it to make it better. Just not mention it or buy him a little gift or just re-affirm that I love him....any thoughts?? After all, I was just dreaming, I don't hate him in real life!? AGH. Men.

Tonya - woo hoo on resisting the dread muffin!! I am so impressed with you!! You are back!
Old 11-08-2002, 11:13 AM   #5  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Talking I'm a double poster!

Happy Friday to all of you! Aaron stayed at my mom's last night...what a nice break! I wasl able to go out with my coworkers after classes for a beer ( more on that in a minute), sleep until 7 this morning, and get the dishwasher unloaded, 2 loads of laundry done and put away, and be showered, brushed, made-up, dressed, and on the internet by 10. I am kind of amazing myself.

I was very proud of myself last night. I had 5 points left for the day and 1 point banked. So while everyone else was ordering spinach-artichoke dip and margaritas, I had a miller lite and low-fat buffalo strips ( just boneles skinless chicken breasts broiled with buffalo sauce on them). Not only that, but I split the chicken, so it was low pointage. I think I came in easily under the 4 points alloted for the chicken, but I put it down as 4 just to be sure...it was 10:00, and what else was I going to eat?

So in a few minutes we're going to be heading up the 2.5 hour drive north to my parents to visit with them and fetch our lil one. I miss him terribly, though...didn't think it would be this bad.

Belle, I don't think you can feel guilty about dreaming. You have no control over that. If he's hurt, then he needs to read up on dreaming and the subconscious mind. You hang in there, and don't let anxiety sabotage things for you. I've been in that boat many times, and it always sinks. Just try to push through on what you logically know and rely on thought instead of emotion to pull you through the tough spots (can you tell I've been in therapy for anxiety? ) You'll do fine, you're so level headed and intelligent!

Tonya, I was having a thought about the whole muffin situation. A large muffin, in the WW food guide is 6 points. You have 18-23 points for the day. So a six point breakfast is only 1/3 of your points and would still keep you on track. You could have that, and like a sandwich on lite bread with WOWs and veggie sticks for lunch, a rice Krispy treat in the afternoon, and a broiled chicken breast with baked potato and veggie for dinner...and still come in below your max. Can you tell I've been playing with menus a lot lately? I do think that the banana is probably a better choice for you, but if the muffin thing is going to make you feel deprived and end up taunting you from its shelf in the gas station, it could really easily be worked in. Think about it, and see if that might work for you.

Kier, I'm glad you're alive...I was on the point of emailing you to make sure. How are things going with NF/BF or whatever his official title is these days?

Jen, don't you hate it when you're just minding your own business and people just come in and take over like that? As a person whose admittedly too nice, I used to find myself apologizing to people when they would do that, for being in their way. But no more...I seem to be growing a pair of balls in my late twenties. I remember terrible headaches too, in my first trimester(s). Sudafed and Benadryl really helped me out...give them a try. You could also try more water...since you need so much more, you might be getting dehydrated, and that gives you nasty hangover headaches.

PJ, let us know about the scholarship program. I bet there's other people on this board who could benefit from that. I'm glad you're planning on doing it with your BF, that makes meal planning and shopping much easier.

Jess, you better come back and post...I want to hear about your boys.

Laura, come and post...you always have wonderful insights, and I really look forward to reading your thoughts.

Ok, enough with the novel already...I gotta get my butto n the road!
Old 11-08-2002, 11:53 AM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Well, it looks like we have two threads for Friday. Oops...

Sorry I took so long to post after starting the thread. I started it and then got tied up here at work...

I should be getting my starter kit today for Close to My Heart, I can't wait. I really don't want to be at work knowing that I could be at home playing with all of it.

Boy dilemma continues without much change. Luckily, I'm super-busy for the next few weeks so I won't be seeing much of either boy and can maybe sort out my feelings. You guys are awesome to offer advice and input. I appreciate it greatly, especially because there's not really anyone I can talk to about everything.

I have not had a good week on WW. I just can't seem to get it together. I kind of think it might be hormonal or maybe stress-related. Hopefully things will improve next week.

Laura--Yummy, homemade chicken noodle soup! I don't think there's anything wrong with being eager to see CB--3 days apart is a long time when you're enamored. My big plans for the weekend include working at my second job until 8 and probably going home to play with my new CTMH stuff. (Can you tell I'm just a little excited about it?) Tomorrow I may or may not be taking workboy's mom to a craft show in Omaha (because he doesn't want to and I made him feel guilty). Sunday will involve more playing with CTMH stuff. (Yep, just a little excited).

PJ--Hello!

Tonya--Way to go starting your morning off right! It seems like if start your day that way, the rest of the day just falls into place. Sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you, I'm not jealous of that. But I am jealous of having a brand new house to decorate for the holidays!

Belle--When Aaron and I first started dating, I had dreams like that all the time. Of course, he was never around when I did, so I can't say that I've been in the same boat. I do, however, understand your apprehension. It may be a good idea to make it clear to him that you do worry about the relationship crumbling and that's what caused you to have last night's dream. Maybe just tell him that even if he ever did hurt you, you would never intentionally hurt him, even though that's what happened in your nightmare. You don't need to apologize for saying mean things in your dream anymore than he needs to apologize to you for cheating on you in your dream. It was just a dream and not anything that you had control over.

Jayne--Way to go last night! Sorry there's no more to report on the boy situation. Workboy did email me this morning and ask me to pencil him in for the weekend of the 22/23 and December 7. (I'm super-busy, he has to book in advance).

OK, it's lunch time for me. I'll stop back in later today!
Old 11-08-2002, 12:03 PM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Uh-oh. Two threads. Let's quit using this one and use the one that Jess started. I'll move her last post over there.
Closed Thread