Old 11-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #1  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Talking Update on me, and the pregnancy etc... (ultrasound pic!)

I just posted on the ticker thread, and realized there might be a few people here who'd like to know how things are going!

Well, I'm at 29w2d and everything has been wonderful so far! Perfect actually, until I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes about two weeks ago

I'm almost 10 years older than with Talia, so that adds to the risk factors. I cried my eyes out when I found out. So far, I'm trying to get my numbers under control but following the diet very strictly, but it's just not working. My fasting numbers are high, and so are a few others, like after breakfast etc..
I'm testing 7 times a day, and it's getting really tiresome, and hurty!

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to have to go on insulin. I hate the idea, but I'll do whatever I need to do to keep Baby safe.
I feel great, and have no symptoms... I actually feel worse since starting the diet because I was eating so perfectly intuitively before, and now I'm stressed, and having a hard time getting enough calories.

I have lost 13.5 pound since the beginning of the pregnancy, which is fine with my Midwife. Though, I maintained for about 7 weeks before the diagnosis, and then have lost two pounds in one week since starting the diet. That feels a little too much/fast for me...I'll have to ask.

Anyway, I had an ultrasound last week, and for the first time ever, we found out what we're having!!! It was crazy!!!!
We were positive for 28 weeks that we were having a boy, but only by intuition. BUT we found our last week that we were very wrong and we are having a BABY GIRL!!!!

There's no disappointment either way. When the lady told me I was filled with glee and completely laughed my head off. Both from joy and irony, that we were so adamant!!! It was beautiful!!!

Anyway...this won't matter to most of you, but I know some of you must have been wondering, so this is for you my dear friends!!!

Here's a pic of our little girl!!! It's looking up at her face, her little chin, nose and lips. So beautiful!

Couldn't be more blessed if we tried. An incredible 13 year old son, an astounding 9 year old daughter, and now another baby girl...I just can't believe it...

All around!!!
Linda

Last edited by famograham; 11-10-2010 at 03:49 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats!!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Awww, congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #4  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Ahwww! Congrats!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/195/150

Congratulations!
Charms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Congratulations on another daughter. I am sorry to hear you developed GD but the good news is that your numbers will swing far less with insulin than just diet alone, if it is already that severe, and the diet component will only help your overall health in addition to stabilizing your sugars a bit more than just insulin, alone. GD can obviously be an extremely dangerous condition but it sounds like you are well on top of it. I hope the rest of this pregnancy is healthy and uneventful for you
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Thanks, everybody

When we were sure we were having a boy...Seth was at the top of our list for his name! I love it
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #9  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

WONDERFUL!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Linda, it is so good to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your sonogram. I am so extremely joyful for you!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #12  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Congrats!!

Sorry to hear about the GD. At least it is something they can monitor and "fix". In ten weeks, it will be over and you will have a squishy little baby to show for it!

As far as having lost some weight since switching your diet - don't worry! Your little girl will take everything she needs from you and she will be fine!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote