Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #1  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Just wanted to toot my horn :)

You know we all need to do that once in a while LOL

So today was six weeks since I started my new lifestyle. I started with the diet overhaul and decided that in 20lbs or six weeks (whichever came first) I would start an exercise program. I am horribly lazy and if I start too much at once, I quit everything HAHA.

Anyway, today it just so happened that I hit 20lbs and six weeks at the same time. It also just so happened that my fiancee's car is broken and the part/tool he needs to fix it was not in the mail. That means he had to drive to work and I got to walk. (he works 75 miles away I work 2.5). So as luck would have it, his car is not running, he had to take mine, which totally meant I could not make excuses (as I am prone to do) and HAD to walk. YAY. It almost killed me LOL but I did it in 21 minutes! Gonna go for 20 tomorrow!

Anyway just had to toot a bit!

TOOT TOOT
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

love that! sometimes the best exercise is just built into our day. like doing squats each time you bend down, wash your hands. or doing other less obvious ones like calf raises while you wait in line, doing dishes. the more muscle we have the better.

so many squats so little time....
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Here's to progress!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 10-18-2010 at 11:43 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

EXACTLY. The good thing about the car being down is that it will probably be down the rest of the week. The bad part is that once it is back up I need to drive to work and get my son from school, so I need to figure something out to take the place of that. Maybe because I do not pick him up on Fridays, I will do this walk Friday and then Sat and Sun and get on the torture..er elliptical at home the rest of the days....

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #5  
OMW to a brand new me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
Here's to progress!
Thanks! And yes. Progress. A lb at a time. (somedays an ounce at a time LOL)

Have I mentioned lately how MUCH this site helps me stay on track when I get discouraged?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the weight loss and the walking!!
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #7  

Height: 5'10''

Oh wow!! Great job!

As far as exercise....when you are watching TV, during the commercials, jump up and do some squats.

Or lay on the floor, on your tummy, and during the commercials, lay your arms down flat, using your elbows to hold you up, and raise your self up off the floor.

That will work your core muscles. (Thank you, Dr. Oz!! lol)

Do it for as long as you can....and gradually increase your time you hold yourself up.

What about taking a walk with your family in the evenings??

Get outside and throw a ball around with your son. My son loves it when I go out and play catch with him.

Keep up the amazing work!! =)
HeavenlyAirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #8  
OMW to a brand new me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyAirhead View Post
Oh wow!! Great job!

As far as exercise....when you are watching TV, during the commercials, jump up and do some squats.

Or lay on the floor, on your tummy, and during the commercials, lay your arms down flat, using your elbows to hold you up, and raise your self up off the floor.

That will work your core muscles. (Thank you, Dr. Oz!! lol)

Do it for as long as you can....and gradually increase your time you hold yourself up.

What about taking a walk with your family in the evenings??

Get outside and throw a ball around with your son. My son loves it when I go out and play catch with him.

Keep up the amazing work!! =)
Evening walks are difficult. But I would like to try and incorporate them.
The TV thing is a good one. I will try that! That should help with the flabbiness I am so scared about HAHA. I love it, when I am heavier, everything is tight, lose weight and everything starts to sag! WTH man!

Good suggestions! Thanks! I think that now that it is cooling off, we are going to do family hike day again
Old 10-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

Congrats on your success thus far. Keep up the good work.

My senior year in college I moved off campus and I had to walk (uphill) to class and work everyday; sometimes multiple times per day. I managed to lose 20 lbs. without even trying.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #10  
The tortoise

Oh, you were just talking about this too

Well done, I like the fact it's little baby steps towards health, good luck with the exercise, I honestly have no idea what other exercises to do, except maybe exercise videos, that can be done at home, but let me know if you figure something out and I'll see if it works this end too
Cleophas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #11  
OMW to a brand new me!

yeah I totally was!

I am going to try out a few of the DVD's I have, and I think I want to get more, but first I am going to do this walking thing for this week and see how that goes.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the walking and your loss so far! I truly need to incorporate more activity into my life.
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #13  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Congrats lazylioness! Walking is great exercise. It's been a little over six weeks for me as well. I walk around four times a week for 30-60 mins.

I do have to force myself to go at times because it is easier to be lazy and the cold weather doesn't help. I recently got an indoor stationary bicycle and joined ths gym so hope to incorporate more exercise which really does help keep the pounds off. Keep up the walking!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #14  
OMW to a brand new me!

yeah. the cold helps me get out there. In the summer it can hit 110 without really trying. So as soon as it starts cooling off I am all over the outside!
Of course, I am planning on walking again tomorrow, but my feet and legs are disagreeing! HAHA. I shall have to convince them come 7:15 tomorrow AM..
Old 10-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #15  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

That's great success! Bonus that events are conspiring to collaborate with you. One of my goals is to live car-free once our teenager is out of the house (travelling to his soccer 4-5 times a week without a vehicle is impossible, especially when 3 other members of the team rely on you to bring them to practice & games!) We were without a car until my husband needed one for work, but that has changed now so we're close to being car-free again!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote