PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 10:33 PM   #1  

Default Anyone get headaches often?

Since I started the Metformin, I get very dull headaches more often than before. This would be happening once I woke up. Sometimes I take Aleve at bedtime (along with my spironolactone, metformin and decadrone lol) and I haven't had any since.

CD
Old 10-30-2002, 06:14 AM   #2  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

I started a poll for this on a request of someone. http://4.43.98.80/forums/showthread....threadid=83150

I have HA every day, but since being on gluc, they have lessened in strength.

You may be experiencing drug interaction. IMO, thats a lot of drugs per day. Spiro is repetative to the gluc first of all, at least in many cases. I dont know how long you have been on the meds, but doc should have disucessed with you about waiting on the spiro until you knew what the gluc was going to do. I take it the decadrone is a steroid used to help your system regulate? I could be assuming wrong but this is the common case of steroids for PCOSers. If so, this is also repetative to the gluc. Gluc should help your system alone. If it doesnt, a drug increase may be in order. (You didnt specify the doses)

P.S. If TTC, avoid all ibuprofins. I dont know if Aleve falls into this catagory but heres the ibuprofin information. http://4.43.98.80/forums/showthread....threadid=83287

Last edited by HopefulSpirits; 10-30-2002 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:34 PM   #3  

Thanks Hopeful Spirits. I've been on the spiro and decadrone since May. I'm taking 1000 mg spiro a day and .5mg decadrone a day. Then, I started the metformin/gluc a few weeks ago.

i'm not TTC at all, so that's not an issue at all.

Thanks.

CD
Old 11-01-2002, 12:48 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

CD, I had pretty strong headaches when I started back on Gluc this year. I posted the same question here and I don't think anybody else had noticed an increase themselves, so I assumed it was a more-rare side effect, or just not related to the meds.

Mine have since gone away, so I hope yours have to!
Closed Thread