Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default Trying to resist the urge to binge...support?

I used to be a night binger. I would get large amounts of food, like a frozen pizza with crackers and cheese and cookies and soda and just eat it all at once late at night. I recently started the Atkins diet which cuts sugar and most processed foods out of your diet but one problem is that going off plan and eating a little bit of sugar can trigger unbelievable cravings. We still have all of the bad foods in the house because my brother likes to have snacks in his lunch. For the first 2 weeks of my diet I didn't even really have an urge to eat them. The past couple of days I haven't eaten enough...I've eaten nothing but eggs, bacon, cheese, and jalapenos for the past 2 days. I'm not trying to under eat, because it's important to eat on Atkins and any other diet. The reason I didn't eat much yesterday was because I didn't plan my meals or take any meat out to thaw, so I just made deviled eggs and bacon. Today, our sink is plugged and we can't have a plumber come look at it until the weekend is over so we can't wash any dishes. I won't be able to cook for a couple of days.

Last night I was starving after eating nothing but deviled eggs and bacon, and I went in the kitchen and saw a pop-tart on the counter. I literally stuffed like half the pop-tart in my mouth, and then told myself I couldn't eat it and spit it out. Instead, I made a snack of cheese melted over jalapenos with some sour cream, which is Atkins friendly. Today I didn't eat anything until about 3PM because I woke up late and then had to go tanning, and I usually don't eat until a little while after I wake up. The sink got plugged shortly before I left for my tanning appointment. In search of something I could eat without dirtying dishes, which is nearly impossible on Atkins, I eyed the greasy beef and bean chimichangas in the freezer, but instead made a one-skillet egg and bacon scramble using as little dishes as possible since I know we can't wash them. I was proud of myself for making an on-plan choice.

A few minutes ago, I went in the kitchen to see if my parents were home with dinner, and I was overwhelmed by all of the old foods that I would have eaten in a second...cosmic brownies, ramen, twinkies, gushers, you name it we have it. I opened a cosmic brownie and put all of it in my mouth, then spit it out. I know that spitting out food after you chew it isn't mentally healthy and you still end up eating some of it, but it's almost like I'm trying to control my binges. I really need to stop doing this. I think now that I've gotten a few tastes of sugar after having hardly any for over a week, my body is craving it. My blood sugar might also be low due to not eating very much the past couple of days so my body is trying to self medicate by craving sugar.

I'm trying really hard to control a binge. I'm drinking Crystal Light right now while I wait for dinner to get here because it tastes sweet. I've been doing so well on Atkins and I'm seeing great results and I don't want to take myself out of ketosis and mess up everything I have going. The next few days are probably going to be hard because I won't be able to cook much due to our plugged sink. I'm thinking of putting some chicken breasts in the crock pot tomorrow morning so I can eat them for lunch and dinner the next few days with some green beans and salad or something. It would require little prep and dirty dishes.

I'm sorry for the really long post and awful grammar, I'm just really stressed right now and I needed to vent my feelings.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm gonna post and tell you to hang on a little longer. You have lots of support here. Now I'm gonna go read while you cool your heels...wait 10 minutes and then re-evaluate your binge urge. Repeat until brekafast. If you are still here, post back to me and I'll be back to check after I read your whole post.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

Please don't binge look at all the good work you've put in so far, you don't want all that to go to waste I wish I had your strength, why not go for a stroll round the neighborhood or read a book to take your mind off it all, I'm kinda rubbish at comming up with things so I'm sorry if I'm not much help, but I'm here if you need to talk for a while till your cravings go away
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #4  

Okay, I read your whole post. You are doing really well and were so smart to post for support. You can do this. Do you buy your own food, or would you parents get a few things to tide you over for the next couple of days? Paper plates, paper cups. Lunch meat, cheese, and other quick and easy protein things. How about some sugar free yogurt...not too many carbs in that, I thinkj and it might help you feel satisfied, esp., if you have something that tastes like a decadent dessert...

Get more to drink, really super duper cold, and go for a walk. Just walk and walk. No particular place to go, just keep walking until the cravings pass.

I quit smoking 2 years ago, and all of the kinds of things I just mentioned helped me get through. I am not really a binge person, but zI would imagine it's a lot the same as trying to resist a nicotine craving. Anything you can do to distract yourself is good as lojng as you don't eat a whole bunch of junk.

If you got this far, you can keep going!

Barb
Old 10-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Barb-- Thank you for the kind words. I'm 18 and don't have a job right now, so my parents buy my food. Not being able to prepare my meals due to the sink is going to be a big problem. My parents brought me a burger with lettuce instead of the bun, and I feel 100x better. Tomorrow morning I'm going to make a big batch of green beans and chicken in the crock pot to last me for a few days like I said I was going to in my first post. I don't care if I have to wash the crock pot with the hose outside or the sink in the garage. I think posting here allowed me to step back, think, and realize that what I really care about is my diet, my weight and my health...not the sugary foods in our kitchen snack drawer.

Last edited by Linsy; 10-08-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #6  

Hugs to you Linsy. Sounds like you are on track. Keep up the good work! Enjoy your chicken and bens. The weekend will pass quickly and you will be so glad you washed that crock pot in the yard ;-)

And thank you for coming back and posting.

Barb
Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #7  

Hi Linsy,

I can relate very much to you and exactly every single bit of the helplessness you are feeling.

I used to be really good too, until I found myself developing this NES.

So many times I've been trying to "get back on track", but I somehow find myself succumbing to this vicious cycle time and again.

But this time, I really wanna break free. And I am waving to you to join me in this quest! As well as all others that are fighting the same enemy.

We are not going to let food preoccupy our thoughts all day long. That's not what an attractive woman is about, init?

Let's be the confident and beautiful ladies that we used to be and SHOULD be, We can get our lifes back together, regardless if we stumble and fall once, twice or a hundred times in this journey.

It will be conquered.

Cheerios and big hugs to darling linsy and all

xxx
morningsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #8  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Hang tough, Linsy. You're doing all the right things - planning ahead and staying with it.

It sounds as if you're missing the carbs in the veggies. If it weren't for spinach (and, lately, pumpkin), I don't know what I'd do. Be sure to eat a salad at least once a day; you need the nutrients, the fiber, the good carbs, and the fat in the dressing. End of Momma lecture!

You're not alone. You can do it; you've already proven that. You got this.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote