Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 10:10 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 10/28 - 11/3

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 10-28-2002, 10:18 AM   #2  

Angel - eyes - WOW - what a productive week you've had. I'm sure you and dh are proud when you see your work. Good for you for getting most of the boys gifts bought. I had to get my bu** in gear and start shopping for Hanukkah (my family celebrates Hanukkah and my husband's Christmas so we do both!) because it's very early this year - right after Thanksgiving - ack! Plenty of room on the wagon - bumpy or not!

Well, drum roll please....I went to my meeting and jumped on the scale and if they gave out certificates for gaining I would have gotten one - 5.4 pound gain! Now I know about 2 or so pounds were water (rings tight etc.) but I don't mind because it has given me a swift kick in the butt - Today is a new day. I'm determined to do the program to the letter - with a goal of losing 2 pounds a week - or at least getting to my 10 pounds lost by Thanksgiving. I'm charged and I'm ready to go. I did a 40 minute aerobic workout and plan on doing a little yoga after work. Who's joining me??

Judy
163.6/160.4 (BLECH!)/135
Old 10-28-2002, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

angel - Wow, you sure were busy, and productive. Want to come to my house for some more painting? Hop right up on the wagon with us. We'll keep each other on when we hit the bumps.

Judy - I'm sorry to hear about the gain, but I love your attitude. Ten pounds total by Thanksgiving sounds do-able. I know you'll get there.

I had a so-so weekend. Got into the candy a bit more and we had Mexican food for dinner on Saturday. I got up and dressed for the bike this morning, but my knee didn't want to co-operate. It was puffy and stiff. So I've iced it, taken Advil, and put Ben Gay on it. Hopefully it will be back in shape for tomorrow morning. It's very frustrating to be pumped up for a workout and then have my body put my plans awry. On the other hand, I did have one of my favorite OP breakfasts: N.O. bagel with a slice of 2% cheese and 2 slices of Canadian bacon toasted under the broiler for a yummy 4 point sandwich. And I've found diet vanilla Coke in my store and have been loving that. So onward and downward.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 10-29-2002, 07:32 AM   #4  

hi guys, may i join you?? i have been on ww at least 3 times before, and then switching to those lowcarb plans, which i can never stick to. i always just got tired of counting pts and watching everything that goes in my mouth. i was successful one time on ww pts and lost 17 lbs in one month, i know i can do it. i just started jumping on lowcarbs, because people were losing so fast on it. i know this weight loss journey is not a race, but it was just so tempting. i am also posting on the richard simmons board, but i just feel more satisfied on ww pts.

this past month i have been changing my eating habits slowly and just cutting whatever i chose to eat in half, and i lost 13 lbs, but just gained back 2. i feel like that wont work anymore and need to get more strict and choose healthier foods. ya see as i was losing this, i wasnt on any plan, which i loved, but i was skipping meals and then overeating , slacking on my excercises and choosing junk food over healthier foods( i would eat half order of cheese fries instead of the whole thing, stuff like that.)

i feel like i am really ready this time to make ww pts work for me at home. i got a new job, which , because i hadnt had a job was the cause of alot of my stress and fights with hubby. i also admitted to myself on another website that i am a binge/compulsive eater. and that is how i started to lose, i just went on a bingefree board, and that was my goal to just stop binging and i had been doing so well. the past 2 days i went on a really big binge. i dont want to gain back any of the 11 lbs back that i still have off. i would like to weigh in on mondays.

here was my stats as of yesterday. 198/187/135??

i have got to get a grip, i feel like i am making progress, but feel i could do better, hopefully i can by re committing to ww pts.

i am 37, 5'3 and have about 50 lbs to lose.

Last edited by willbethin; 10-29-2002 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:34 AM   #5  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking uh......no thankyou

Hi Ladies. Thanks cece for the gracious invitation to come to your house and paint.......but NO THANKYOU!!! (she says politely....) Yesterday I finished a second coating of paint on 6 door frames/door jams..........now, that was a workout!!! I was literally sweating by the time I was done. It doesn;'t help matters that it was a cool, damp day so I turned the heat up a bit. I think I would like to join you in your 10 lb challenge Judy, I need a little get up and go.....so I think this would help me keep focused and keep my hands out of the halloween candy. (yes me too...) I've been good so far, but those little mini bars were calling to me yesterday. Thank goodness Oct 31 is close by, who knows what would happen since I've opened the package!!! Have a good day- Judy, don't fret about the gain......be positive. We'll do this together. Cece, sorry to hear about your knee. On days like this, what about trying an upper body workout with some light weights? You could still be icing your knee, but working your arms, triceps, and lats. Just a thought....bye
Old 10-29-2002, 08:35 AM   #6  

Carla - Sorry to hear about the so-so weekend but it sounds like you are still firmly on the wagon. What kind of NO bagel are you using for your yummy breakfast sandwich? I thought they were all 3 points. How is your knee doing? I like angel-eyes' suggestion about some upper body work while your knee gets back to fightin' shape.

Willbethin - of course you can join us - welcome! I know what you mean about those low-carb plans. It's tempting when you see people lose a lot but what you don't always see is that they almost always gain it back! I think WW is a much healthier way to lose the weight (and keep it lost) than what you were doing.

Angel-eyes - Good - I love company on a challenge. I kow what you mean about those little mini-bars - they are like little devils. I did OK with them in the house last year - I allowed myself one a day and did OK - I think the stress this year is affecting my ability to just eat one. The challenge helped me last night to stay out of the basement (where they are stashed). Wow, another workout! I'll bet your arms and back are sore!

I had a good day yesterday - I ate 1/2 point below maximum but stopped myself there. Yesterday was a strange day - not busy at work until the late afternoon but then it was one thing after another. On top of that, I spoke to my friend with bc - she had a CAT scan yesterday (no results yet) and told me that the oncologist was going to "throw the book at her" chemotherapy-wise once the infection from the last surgery is gone. If she's up to it, I'm going to go visit her for a few hours on Saturday. I plan on making my lower fat brownies (3 pts each) to take along. My challenge today is to see if I can do a yoga tape when I get home. I need the stress release and I want to try to do some kind of exercise on one of the days I'm in the office.

Time to get back to work. Have a great one!
Judy
Old 10-29-2002, 09:01 AM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Ladies...

Still alive! I'll come back after work and check in. Have a great day.

Karen
Old 10-29-2002, 11:42 AM   #8  

Hi all.

Willbethin - Certainly you may join us. Welcome aboard! I've been known to go on a binge or two myself, so I know what you're facing. I too also tried to lose without following a plan and it just didn't work for me. When I follow WW I do lose; my problem has been following the plan with any consistency.

Angel - Well, if you change your mind, you're always welcome. Sounds like painting did give you quite a workout yesterday. You know, I should have thought about doing upper body work when my knees are bad. Somehow the thought has never crossed my mind. It will next time, though.

Judy - I use mostly the whole grain NO bagel. I've been counting it as 2 forever. Perhaps it's time for a package check. I do follow the old 123 Success version of points, so I do count more than 4 grams of fiber. Perhaps that's the difference. Good for you for keeping under max yesterday. I'm sure your friend will appreciate your visit.

Karen - Hi!

I had a fairly good day yesterday. I need to pump in the water, though as I haven't been good about that. I need to turn away from that diet vanilla coke. My knees were still fairly stiff this morning, but I can feel that they're getting better, so I should be good to go tomorrow morning. My challenge today will, of course, be to stay out of the halloween candy.

Take care and have a good day.

Carla
Old 10-30-2002, 07:51 AM   #9  

hi guys, i want to thank you for the welcome. i am pmsing right now and i noticed (from old posts) that it is this time that i overeat and then panic and want to change my eating plan. so, this time i caught myself and i am not going to do that. i know what has been working for me for the past month, i know the mistakes i have been making and i know what has to change, so i will just make some adjustments and lose my weight that way. so thanks again, but what was working for me was not being on a specific plan. yestereday, i felt myself getting aggrevated thinking about pts for all the foods i ate. i love ww pts . but i cant do it. i wish you all like, you seem like a great group of people.

have a great day.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:27 AM   #10  

Carla - I hope your knee is better today. I know what you mean about turning away the diet vanilla coke (which I've never tasted). I feel the same way about diet Dr. Pepper which I love. I allow myself one in the evening but only if I've had all my water (which I have to admist is usually no problem for me). Yup, it's probably counting the fiber over 4 grams that makes your calculation different.

Willbethin - I'm an advocate of people using what works for them as long as their diet is healthy so you work "work" what works for you!

I had an OK day yesterday - it started off pretty stressful but eased up in the afternoon. I didn't do a yoga workout when I got home - I hope to today because I can feel the knots of muscle in my back. I did eat to max last night but didn't go over. My rings are tight but it's almost TOM and I've had popcorn as a snack two nights in a row. I'll make a special point of guzzling that water today.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 10-30-2002, 09:02 AM   #11  

Angry Sorta newbie

Hi
I'm Janie and I'm not necessarily new to WW but I am to this board. I've been on WW for 12 weeks and haven't lost a lb. Of course you have to follow the plan to do that! I want this badly but I have issues with stress and emotional eating that are really a problem. It seems the older I get (41) the harder it is to address these issues. So I've decided to move forward and start over again. I was going to meetings but that became a pain to get to the meetings and get my kids to their activities. I'm doing it online at home now.

I really need some positive encouragement right now. I've been on another message board on another site but there was a lot of "drama and back biting" there. I have enough of that in my life without going there for "support".

I look forward to talking with you all and losing weight with you all!

Blessings and hugs,
Janie

250.8/251.3/_____
Old 10-30-2002, 12:58 PM   #12  

Hi all,

Willbethin - No sense trying to work a plan that is only going to aggrevate you, as that usually turns out to be counter-productive. Stick with what you know works for you. As long as you're making healthy choices, that's all that matters.

Judy - Thanks, my knee is better today. I think I'll handle the diet vanilla Coke the same way: use it as my "reward" for drinking all my water. Yay for you for not going over max. Popcorn and TOM - guzzling water is a great plan.

Janie - Welcome. I understand the battle with stress and emotional-related eating. And yes, as we get older (I'm 43), the habit of turning to food for comfort is that much more set and gets that much more harder to break. But recognizing that stress and emotional eating is a problem is the first step and you've taken that. So the trick now is develop other habits to replace the food - journaling, some sort of craft work that occupies your mind and, while your developing the new habits, find some low point foods to turn to. Of course, this is very easy to say, perhaps harder to follow, which is why I'm still struggling after all these years. But stick with us and we'll help pull you through the hard parts.

I was up .02 this week. About the weight of one of those pesky pieces of halloween candy, right? And probably a bit of water, since my rings are tight and I know I haven't been drinking the water like I should. So, easy enough to correct: drink more water and stay away from the candy, which hopefully will get largely distributed tomorrow evening. I did do my 30 minutes on the bike this morning, so I'm feeling good about that. My goal this week: write it all down, the good, bad, and ugly (of course, I'm going to avoid the bad and ugly) and get in that water.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 10-30-2002, 08:46 PM   #13  
Canadian, eh?

Wonders never cease! I actually found 14 minutes (that's what's left on the timer till dinner's ready) to sit down and post.

Judy - OUCH on your gain, but as usual, your attitude is to die for! I know that you're heading in the right direction. Hope the salt from the popcorn washes away before weigh in.

Carla - yup 0.2 sounds just about exactly what one of those little devil spawn chocolate bars would weigh. Darn! Anyway you're doing great. I like vanilla just about everything, but don't care much for it in diet Coke.

AE - I am just sooo impressed with your painting. You're a marvel. I've been putting of sewing curtains for my kitchen windows for a year - queen of procrastination here!

Willbethin and Janie - hi to both of you, and welcome, welcome, welcome. You've arrived at the most supportive thread you could ever hope to find. We all have our ups and downs; I'm coming out of one of the downs at the moment. I'm 41, married, have a 21 year old daughter at university, and a houseful of dogs and cats - 3 of each.

Well...slowly making my way back on the wagon. Stayed away from worshipping at the shrine of the evil vending machine today, and drank lots of water. I'm getting back to the gym on Friday. No time today, and have to do the Halloween thing tomorrow. You'll be impressed to hear that I haven't bought my candy yet in order to avoid the temptation to eat it all. I have to go out tonight and hope there's some left at the grocery store.

Talk to you tomorrow...

Karen
Old 10-31-2002, 07:51 AM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking er.......BOO!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! B O O !!
Just a reminder.......to stay out of the candy today and save it for the trick' er treaters.

Last edited by angel-eyes; 10-31-2002 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:32 AM   #15  

Hi all.

Happy Halloween!

Karen - Good for you for staying away from the vending machine and getting in lots of water. I am impressed that you saved buying your candy until the last minute. Good strategy. I really like the diet vanilla coke - as if you couldn't tell. I tried the regular vanilla coke when it first came out and really love that. The diet isn't quite as good, but good enough.

angel - WHen I'm making up my goody bags for the trick or treaters, I'll remember your command to leave the candy alone. I promise.

I had an ok day yesterday. Drank a lot of water. Got into the candy a bit. Had a couple of glasses of wine. Could have been better, could have been worse. I'll be suiting up for the bike shortly and then have errands to run, so hopefully I'll keep busy enough to stay out of trouble.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Closed Thread