Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default This is ridiculous!

I've been feeling really run down lately. I'm not sure why. I've lowered my cals to lose again, but not by much I'm still eating 1600-1800 on average. I have pretty much been sick with a cold, chest infection or stomach flu since the end of August (2 year old in day care...yay), so I'm sure that's all it is. Especially since until now I really haven't felt the need to take any time off my exercising.

Anyway, this morning I decided to sleep in and skip my 3 mile run and let myself rest. I'm training for a half marathon so I fully intend to make up the run tomorrow (Saturday's I don't usually run) and tonight I'm playing volleyball with the office, but I still feel really guilty. What is this about? Number 1. I clearly need the rest, I'm exhausted. Number 2. I plan to make up the run so no harm done...I deviated from the *schedule* and I'm beating myself up over it? Give me a break. To top it off, I'm completely panicing about this wedding I have to go to Sunday.

I'm just feeling off in general...I've been flawless with my plan this week and I didn't binge last weekend and I'm feeling pretty good about this weekend...I think I'll spend any time I would spend eating sleeping But just off...
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #2  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

PLEASE get your rest and don't feel bad about it! If I were you, I would start thinking of sleep and rest of part of the necessary tools of weight loss/maintenance. I have a sleep problem, and now that it is being corrected, I can testify to the fact that if you are not well-rested, it is 150% harder to eat well (cravings!!!) and exercise (energy!!!).

Please relax yourself a bit! You have done fabulously losing weight, and I understand the urgency and panic over it. But if this is supposed to be a new "way of life" and not a temporary situation, there's no way you are going to sustain it if you panic every time you need a day off running or need to attend a social event.

RELAX, and be kind to yourself. Listen to your body. If it needs to sleep in or rest, it deserves it! That doesn't mean you are a slacker, unless of course it turns into a 3 month relaxation-from-exercise fest.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think it's the years of past guilt and worrying you might slip up. Just tell yourself "hey it's OKAY- I'm NOT going to slip up- I genuinely need a day off" anytime you get these thoughts.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I think you guys are right. I feel like deep down I feel like one day will turn into two and two will turn into a week and so on and so forth. We've all been there. But I need to learn, especially since this is my new lifestyle, that on needed day off is ok and that as long as I'm back to the plan as soon as possible it's all in good health.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

I am kinda in the same boat right now..not because I need a break, or want to take one, but because I did some pretty mean damage to my ankle yesterday, and am being forced to take some time off from my workout. I was sitting on the couch this morning just ITCHING to get out and do something. It just felt wrong to not be doing it, and this little voice in the back of my head is saying..you HAVE to, or you are going to gain back all 60 pounds instantly!! yes, its ridiculous, and, of course I dont believe that, but I still found myself anxious to not be doing something. Finally grabbed myself a puzzle that has been sitting undone in a box for over a year, propped my ankle up on a chair, and set to puzzling. It took my mind off the guilt of not being out burning calories!!
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote