General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 11:15 PM   #1  

Default Need information~~~Please!

Hi All,

I am new to your forum but old here at "fat chicks". I have been on WW and not having very good luck lately. Thinking of switching gears and was wondering if any of you were former WW people who just got frustrated with not loosing there.

Last week I made a trip to LAWL center and sat and chatted with the counselor. Although she was a little sketchy about the actual plan, I did get the feeling from reading some of your posts, that the program works. I did not join because I was not sure I wanted to put $555.00 on the table all at once. My problem is, what if it doesn't work???? Do any of your centers allow a shorter term program so as to "try" things out before you commit to, (in my case) 27 weeks? I guess I should of asked that at the time, but wasn't thinking

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Meg
Old 10-27-2002, 07:27 AM   #2  

They have some kind of refund policy, but I do not know the conditions. I did the program for a year and when I quit they refunded me for the bars I still had banked. On the credit sheet I had to fill out there was places to check for refunds of supplements, bars/shakes, weeks....

So...I am guessing that some people get refunded for weeks for some reason. I do not now the rules and they do make you sign a little makeshift contract.

There is a lot of policy variability between centers also, so DEFINATELY ask the MANAGER at your center about that.

Welcome to LA!
Marcie
Old 10-27-2002, 10:11 AM   #3  

Default WW vs. LAWL

Hi,
I had NO luck at WW. So far on this plan I have been losing 2lbs. a week. For me that is UNBELIEVABLE. I really like it and do not find it hard at all. I also got 10% off everything (program , Bars,supplements for being a Senior(Iam 57). Good luck,I know you'll like it.
Kathie
Old 10-27-2002, 10:25 AM   #4  

I got 10% off for being a student. : ) Now...if you were a senior and a student you could get a heck of a deal!
Old 10-27-2002, 11:49 AM   #5  

Marcie and Kathie,

Thank you for your reply and the information.

Kathie...it was good to hear you were on WW and then switched, that's what I wanted to hear.

I tried the old senior citizen thing...but they wouldn't buy it! I'm 50!!! I sure feel like a "senior" Hey, I can get AARP so I figured it was worth a try!!

I have an appointment with them on Tuesday...will have to make some decision by then...thanks again for the help!

Meg
Old 10-27-2002, 11:51 AM   #6  

Marcie,

That was cute...think it would work??????

Meg
Closed Thread