Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/ 129 /120

Height: 5'7"

Default I did it...or I guess didn't do it.

so I have a history with eating disorder...let's get that out right now. It seems I'm either starving or binging/purging & celebrate any time I have a normal day(whatever normal is, lol). But I did a few good things yesterday.

1) the convenience store around the corner from my house(& I really do mean around the corner...it's like 5 houses away) has been closed for a few weeks, & yesterday it re-opened. I had already had a sh***y day with food, so I was scared this would become an all out binge.(foll0wed by the usual "need" to purge) But instead I asked my brother who is 2 years old than me to go for a walk...& he actually agreed! So for over 2 hours we went walking & talking...which was lovely.

2) I decided to have less frequent, more significant weigh-ins. Weighing in twice a day is obsessive & neurotic & keeps me paranoid to eat or guilty if I do. So I'm leaving yesterday's overeat behind me, & only weighing in every 10 days(how often I'd like to lose a pound). I even put a note on my scale, saying I'm not due to weigh in until the 10th, 20th or 30th/31st of each month.

what are the little victories in your personal stories?
hippy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #2  
Just imagine....

Wow, I can't even imagine weighing in every day, sometimes twice. That would make me crazy! I definately think its a good idea to only do it once a week or longer, if you really want to let go of that obsession. I wouldn't expect a 1 pound per day weight loss though, that is excessive and unhealthy. Not to mention you are already at a low(er) weight and close to your goal, so you just don't have it to lose. Congrats on your walk and putting the bad food day behind you. That's the best, no point in dwelling on it, it's over and done with. Just curious if you've tried Overeaters Anonymous before? Wishing you lots of luck on your journey!
Hot Chicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #3  

actually joined a support group very similar to that...starts in November.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #4  

I'm expecting a 1 pound per 10-day weightloss, & I know my body can handle that. I'm not looking for anything huge, just slowly but surely...& getting a healthier mindset.

Weighing 2+ times a day has been the "norm" for 4 years, so I'm finding this tough.

Any suggestions for weight-loss when you don't have much to lose, have battled eating disorders before, & have a bad body-image/perception?