Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 11:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Question Diet Wreckers

I was just a little courious what causes everyone to get side tracked from their diet. Right now I am having a hard time sticking to mine and lokking for a little help. Here's a few things that kill my diet.

1. Excessive stress
2. Our most unwanted monthly friend
3. Depression
4. Medicines(I have been receiving lupron injections and they are getting the best of me that is how they make ne feel)

Any ideas out there on how to get rid of the joys of life that sidetrack us from our goal. I would appericate any and all ideas.
Thanks,
sandy
Old 10-25-2002, 06:24 AM   #2  

Smile Hmmmmm

I could go on forever but the first that comes to mind, is when :

My schedule changes unexpectedly- and I don't have a back up plan- that can throw me off course sometimes for a couple days--

The other thing that took me years to realize is that some foods just make me want more and more- (some folks call them trigger, to me its more like CRAVING)-- And it only takes 1 to set me up for a chain reaction of more, more, more-- If I avoid these "tiggers" I have minimal cravings --

Thanks for posting this question-It'll be interesting to see the different answers.
Old 10-25-2002, 07:40 AM   #3  
living 1 day at a time

Try to buy some lo-cal treats, like Healthy choice icecream. Or just whatever strikes your fancy. Use them in emergency situations. Also, some frozen lo-cal versions of your favorite foods. That can help. That way if you yield you won't be harming yourself as much.
morningglory
Old 10-25-2002, 07:44 AM   #4  
living 1 day at a time

One more thing. There are lo-cal, lo-fat treats, such as york peppermint patty (160 cal, 3 g. fat), Tootsie Pops(60 cal, 0 fat), Bit O' Honey (160 cal(I think), and like 3 g. fat). Gum is low calorie, low fat. There are sweet things you can eat to help you get over your craings.
morningglory
Old 10-25-2002, 08:46 AM   #5  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

I binge and eat hi-cal stuff when I don't have various lo-cal alternatives in the house. I keep fruit/salad makings/ff pudding and Italian ices/nosalt tortillas & salsa/raisin bread and sugarfree jam/canned chicken noodle soup (150cal/can)/loads of pickles sweet to garlic/Healthy Choice turkey breast or ham 30cal/slice/sugarfree hot chocolate/chili in a can/shrimp in the freezer. I can usually satisfy a craving with SOMETHING lo-cal.

When BoxerBob and I went to the fair this year - the day before I started my calorie counting I stopped on our way in and got some plain donut holes with powdered sugar. Late in the day I got a serving of curly fires - which turned out to be kind of strange - they were shaved and were more like long twisty potato chips, than fries. I really didn't have much of an appetite and I couldn't figure it out - I usually gorge on fair food. That was why I waited until the next day (last day of our vacation) to start my lo-cal diet.

Later on as we were driving home I remembered that I had munched on a Breathsaver whenever the mood hit and I'm 99% sure that it curbed my munchies.

Now I carry some of the sour/sweet Lifesavers around - they're individually wrapped - and pop one into my mouth when I really don't need food but have that *I need something to eat* feeling. Tart candies seem to gratify more than more sugary treats.

15 calories per Lifesaver.
Old 10-26-2002, 12:23 AM   #6  

I think for me, boredom is a big problem.. If I'm home for too long, I think I'm hungry though I really am not. Also, I just have noticed a pattern, that about 6-8 weeks into a weight loss effort I tend to lose focus and usually give up. Hopefully I'll keep goin strong, just completed my 8th week!
Old 10-27-2002, 08:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

way to go kira on the loss. i too do the bored thing it sucks dont it
Closed Thread