General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #1  

Default Dating Questions- What Would You Do?

I met a guy online recently who I think is wonderful- attractice, passionate, sweet, motivated etc. We've been on a few dates and had an amazing time. He's a photographer for an ad agency, so he travels a lot for work. Recently he dropped a bomb on me, saying he was moving to San Francisco once his current contract is done. Just because he likes the area. He swore he told me when we first started talking, but he definitely didn't. Then maybe he'll take a year off to play golf or go on a new contract. He's a nomad, loves to travel, and has the money to do what he wants. I am very upset about it. He wants a gf but said it's never really been a priority for him since he travels so much. He has mentioned that if we were in a relationship he could fly, etc etc. But I wonder if I should just stop talking to him now, before I get really attached over the next few months. He really is such a sweet person and I am really upset over this. Advice please!!
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

You know what the biggest and most valuable lesson I've learned in the past year in regards to dating has been? It is what it is.

If you enjoy your time with him, keep having it. And just enjoy those moments without fretting about the future. And then let him move. Let him travel. Let him be himself and do his thing. He's going to whether you stop talking to him or not, right? Just because you have feelings for him doesn't mean you have to be miserable over him now that he's leaving. You live your life and let him do the same and just see what happens. If I were you, I would keep in touch, keep it casual and make sure to go on about my own business. If he asked me to visit, I'd go if it was convenient. If he came to town, I'd see him if I felt like it. Go out, date other people, have fun. Don't overanalyze this situation and make anything awkward when it just doesn't have to be.

In the past, when a relationship wasn't going my way, I would become very petulant and put out and just throw my hands up in defeat. I would punish the guy and tell him we shouldn't talk anymore over the stupidest crap, I swear. And now I wonder...what would have happened if I just stayed cool, sat back and watched, kept it light and fun?

In my opinion, there is no reason to formally stop talking to him. He's moving. So either ya'll will stay in touch and maybe see each other, maybe something will deveop, or you'll lose touch or meet other people or just find out that you're better off as those long distance friends we all have. You never know what could happen...so just let it happen!

Last edited by ThicknPretty; 09-18-2010 at 07:09 PM.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #3  

Thank you for the advice! I am just so bummed...I have been single for quite a while and this was the first guy that came along that I thought could really lead to something good.
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #4  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry1638 View Post
I met a guy online recently who I think is wonderful- attractice, passionate, sweet, motivated etc. We've been on a few dates and had an amazing time. He's a photographer for an ad agency, so he travels a lot for work. Recently he dropped a bomb on me, saying he was moving to San Francisco once his current contract is done. Just because he likes the area. He swore he told me when we first started talking, but he definitely didn't. Then maybe he'll take a year off to play golf or go on a new contract. He's a nomad, loves to travel, and has the money to do what he wants. I am very upset about it. He wants a gf but said it's never really been a priority for him since he travels so much. He has mentioned that if we were in a relationship he could fly, etc etc. But I wonder if I should just stop talking to him now, before I get really attached over the next few months. He really is such a sweet person and I am really upset over this. Advice please!!
I met a wonderful guy who was slated to move to CA a month after we me. I saw him as much as I could. I've visited him in CA. He's one of the most special people I've ever met. Things won't progress beyond friendship (benefits are done) because of the distance and personality quirks, but I adore him and feel blessed to have him in my life
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote