South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Beach Chat

Good Morning

Apparently it's the week to do something unusual, so we're going to forgo a noneventful weekend and drive to Lake Tahoe today. It's 900 miles which we're going to do in one day, which is all an area we are very familiar with. A zip through Utah on I-70 and then a long jaunt on H-50 across Nevada, dubbed the Loneliest Highway in the US. 300 miles of high desert, wild horses and a pass by the Bonnieville Flats of racing fame. Kirk's family is gathering this weekend, and I'm excited to see the Alaska family who I miss dearly.

Food is always the best I can do, there's no need to go overboard. I'll check in when I can.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-17-2010, 04:35 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back atcha, Debbie. That is one heck of a long drive but it sounds as if it'll be worth it.

I'm still plugging away at accounting stuff but can see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm pretty sure it's not another train heading this way but ...

Today I am off to the bank to get a certified cheque for some machinery we had made for the Mill. The guy is way back in the boonies of northern Quebec and wanted cash - $11,666.69! Paul. whose French is better than mine, negotiated a cheque instead. Otherwise someone would have had to drive there (10 hours) to deliver cash. I smell a wee bit of attempted tax evasion in the air.

Time for breakfast and more coffee. I'm crossing my fingers that we will see the sun today. It sure was AWOL yesterday - a cold and rainy day.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning on a rainy Friday.

Debbie, that's some drive! How long will it take? Stay safe and have a great visit.
Ruth, I hope the sun cooperates today. It's rainy here, too. Nothing I love more than inside recesses on a September Friday. lol

We had another 'possible frost' scare last night. It's early this year - this was the 3rd one and all but the tomatoes are just about finished producing now, so we picked everything that was ripe or almost ripe and called that good. I've got lots of tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and squash to take care of tonight. Our freezer is getting nice and full!

My only disappointment this year was the spaghetti squash. The 2 plants look very healthy but I didn't get any squash from them. Lots of blossoms, but no squash. I don't know if it was the variety (tivoli) or just bad luck. My butternut and buttercup all did really well though.

Enough with the gardening talk. Have a great Friday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 09-17-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks It's the last work day before vacation. The lists are very long but at the end I'm off for 9 days

Debbie - Happy adventuring!

Ruth - Hope that light you see is gleaming through a bottle of scotch

Heidi - The same thing happened with my spaghetti squash. The farmer down the road said they needs lots of moisture so it was a tough year for them if you don't have regular irrigation in place. I'll try again next year.

Lots to do to get ready but I am so looking forward to getting away. Life has just been so crazy. I will also be able to get back on the regular exercise band wagon, something I badly need to do. Luckily we will have wifi so I'll be able to pop in and visit every morning (probably after birding).

Happy Friday
Old 09-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

lex - that sounds like a great weekend. enjoy that drive!

ruth - i envy that chilly air!

heidi - i wish i could say the same for our garden. we got a whole lot of nothing. a few scraggly tomatoes, a couple meager bell peppers and about a handful of beans. i'm so tired of organic gardening in louisiana.

cyndi - have a great trip

-

typical friday around here. cycling in a few minutes, then i need to drive over to my father-in-law's office and drop off a bunch of stuff.

after all of that starts the great project of compiling information about my husband so he can apply to the bar. it is *insane* how much information they need. gigantic background check, driving history, any place you've ever lived (including crashing on a friend's couch), vehicle history, financial history, school history. oy. this is going to take us a looooooong time.

at least it is friday, right?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quick check in...I know my connection won't last....at some point here in Utah there won't be gas for 200 miles...

Heidi-Drive time is 14 hrs, probably will take us a bit longer. We decided that Rudi will probably need a stretch every 200 miles. We're staying at the same place as we did in 2003. When we got there last time, we found that the pups could not even be on the property where the reunion was in our car. We found a small motel owned by an Indian family and the two young kids watched our pups the night we went on the cruise. When I called yesterday the young man who took my reservation informed me he was the young boy who watched the dogs. Kind of nice!

here's the link for the Loneliest Road in America-didn't know it was a scenic byway, but the wild horses are pretty amazing..http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2033/

Take care everyone! Have a great day!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-17-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #7  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning Ladies

Debbie Be safe and have a great time!!!

zeffryn- those background checks are a pain! I had to do one when I started working for the army. Hubby has had to do them since he is in the army. It really makes them fun when you move every 2-3 yrs. LOL

Cyndi Enjoy your vacation.
Morning Heide and Ruth!

So glad it is Friday. I have so much school work to catch up on. I can't wait till we move because I iwll just be going to school instead of working and school. We will be moving Mid December to Fort Campbell which is on the border of Kentucky/Tennessee. I am thrilled we will only be 45 min from my family in Nashville.

Have a great day.

tammie
Old 09-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning all

I'm so glad it's Friday- I'm sitting at work with not a whole lot to do (for a change) and getting ready to start the P90X on Monday.

I'm thinking I probably should start eating eggs again for breakfast but my body is screaming NO NO NO!

I've been doing natural granola with low fat plain yogurt and strawberries or blackberries for breakfast- not too bad right? I did have multigrain cheerios with milk the other day for breakfast as well.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats on your move Tammie! I lost 10lbs. Have fun Debbie!
Closed Thread