Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Breaking Down the Wall

I had a great week weightloss-wise. I stayed under my cals, and in all my nutrition ranges. Actually for a few days I was quite low on cals (weird emotional situation I'm going through and I lost my appetite temporarily), and still got some great exercise in, despite the fact that I didn't do any hardcore exercise at the gym. I decided, weirdly and stupidly, that today I was going to let myself have an off day, plus my roommates are out of town at the moment so I have the house to myself. I ordered pizza, potato wedges, fried zucchinni, garlic bread, and tiramisu. When the food arrived, I delved into a very familiar scenario: I load up a plate full of piles of the food, snacking on it as I go (generally trying to shove as much in as possible) and with the intention to eat all of it.

This time, I didn't do it. I ate til I was just barely full, right about where I know I will be perfectly satiated. And then? I just kind of......stopped. I just felt like I wasn't very interested in it once I got full. I even told myself, gave myself mental permission to just eat and eat. I remember when I used to seriously just pack it in, I remember when it was normal for me to order $30 of food and eat all but a couple of bites in one sitting. I remember being so full that I could barely move and still feeling 'hungry'. I just looked at that food (disgusting, greasy food) and I didn't feel that it was worth it to overeat. It wasn't worth the yucky, bloated, guilty, gross feeling. I covered it back up and put it away.

It was a great feeling for me. Even though I still have a ways to go in my weightloss journey, I feel good about this. Really good.
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #2  
Maintainer since 12/21/10

S/C/G: 260/144/145

Height: 5'5"

That's awesome! That's a decisive victory for you in the power struggle of food vs. you.
Oboegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good for you
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #4  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

You are making good choices WTG
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #5  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

You should feel absolutely great about it! Kudos
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone! I feel really good about it. It was a really weird week for me, but realizing that made it so worthwhile. I thought I'd just have to battle the bingeing and overeating for the rest of my life. And I very well may, but I feel like I'm starting to win now. I'm finally winning the battles, and I'm going to start changing the tide in my war. Thanks everyone, and good blessings to all of you on your personal journey. :-)
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #7  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Congratulations!! I completely relate to your comment about "packing it in" as you go. I have caught myself on MANY occaisions just shoveling - literally - loads of food into my mouth as I'm loading up plates. Like once it goes on the plate, I'll never be able to eat it again, or something.

I have no idea what that is all about. But I am immensely proud of you for making such a great choice with all of that temptation right in front of you. I do not know that I could have exercised the same willpower or choice.

Awesome job!!
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #8  
Mission2bthin

S/C/G: 291.6/279.6/160

Height: 5'7"

Great job!!!!!!

I haven't binged in the past 2 weeks since starting this new lifestyle, but I am all too familiar with how it goes. I'd be home alone and would go from salty to sweet and back and forth. I'd eat and eat without ever feeling satisfied and then it would hit me like a wall and I'd feel terrible for hours.

So as someone who knows this battle, congrats for beating it !
Aimster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #9  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations!!! WTG for making a decisive move to stop eating. Even after mentally allowing yourself to pig out. I don't know that I would have been able to do the same thing. You should feel very proud of yourself!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote