Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge 9/13/10 - 9/19/10

I hope no one minds that I started our new thread for this week!

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!
__________________________________________________ __________

live and learn - great motto!!!

earning day 32 today!!! went to a restaurant on impulse last night with bf and boys and didnt know which one he was taking me too so ordered a cashew chicken stir fry ... safe right? stir fry... should be healthy right??? so i figured i was about 600-700 cal for the meal so when he ordered chocolate cake for the four of us to share for dessert, i said in my head "sure, why not have some, that is okay" (i had planned on left over bday cake in my day anyways so.... just switched one for the other)... well, imagine my shock this morning to find out that CHICKEN STIR FRY had 1380 cal and 60 g of fat!!! yes you read that right!!! it was one of the WORST things on the menu!!! i am sooooooooo friggin ticked off!!!! add the cake and my entire day of cal was in one meal and SUPER huge fat day! damn it!!! oh well, nothing i can do about it now, it was NOT a binge...

and i made it through the entire bday party for my son on the weekend with cake and stuff all around and NO BINGES!!! I am excited to book my ziplining today and enjoy it in a couple of weeks when I am still Binge Free!!!

Lauren - are you okay? I know you said you are lonely... it sounds like you are a bit down... i hope you stay strong, feel the loneliness and do not resort to food to fill that gap.... we are here for you!!!

way to push through! lets make it a superb hour, day and week!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Starting 125!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

happy2be - That is awesome, even though it turned out to be an insane amount of calories in the stir fry, not letting it lead to a binge is a definite WIN.

And I am back again after a brief (maybe longer than brief) hiatus that didn't go to well in the binge department. Today is day #7
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 217!

I had a very stressful weekend. Had a lot of taxing paperwork to get done. This time, however, when the food ogre tried to tempt me to overeat, I reached for 50-calorie melon slices. Then I got away from the kitchen and that little break helped my head clear, so I could finish my work. Alls well that ends well. Gotta love this group!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 130/130/115

Height: 5'2

Hi all, haven't had a chance to catch up with the past posts as i've been on a short holiday the past few days, just wanted to check in and say hello and that i'm on day 18! hooray... (although on my last day of the trip i allowed myself to indulge....). Now that im back home, and have no upcoming trips for at least another month + half, will be concentrating on healthy choices, portion size, and exercise.
missn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

starting day 8! no binges

oh i completely agree, all asian food is deceptively low cal/low fat. next time get the steamed veggies? try to do your redo in your head.
sounds like everyone's making smart choices this week. remember to feel proud and love yourself! we dont do that enough.
i wanted a snack last night, and ate an orange instead of pizza rolls. it does help that i love fruit and pizza rolls give me heart burn.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #7  
I'm what I set out to be

S/C/G: 179/ticker/not quite sure

Height: 5'9''

Today is my day 4... I haven't been binge free for mor than ten days in years....Hopefully this will change
HotChildInTheCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I'm bringing this thread up, because too many people are going to the wrong thread.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #9  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi all, Day 5 for me, it went well. I haven't been craving a binge at all or craving any junk. It's been whole foods only, i love what i eat so that helps.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #10  
ChubbyChicChick

S/C/G: 198/194/132

Height: 5'4''

I started last week to watch what I eat and so this would be my day 6 of no binges. I think the last binge was on Wednesday eating M&Ms till they came out of my ears.

I am not feeling like binging at all. I guess eating all that healthy protein does fill me and I'm learning to control my cravings quite nicely. I won't sing victory, though.

Good job, ladies! You're my inspiration!!

Last edited by 60lbstogo; 09-14-2010 at 01:10 AM.
60lbstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 AM   #11  
I'm what I set out to be

S/C/G: 179/ticker/not quite sure

Height: 5'9''

I am starting Day 5, and I'm in terrible mood. I am all sore and its PMS time of the month and I had a big fight with my mother last night... I am going to spend the day de-cluttering my wardrobe, working out, then do my hair and nails, maybe watch Gossip Girl, go out with my best friend and have class of spanish in the evening....and I hope tommorow will come quickly...
HotChildInTheCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Completed Day two yesterday, hooray. I kept my snacking in control in the afternoon -- had only two protein-rich snacks: one 130-cal greek yogurt and one 90-cal swiss cheese and turkey deli meat combo. I got really hungry at 5 PM, but I talked myself into waiting until I was at home and could enjoy a satiating dinner. It's funny how hunger ebbs and flows: people say that it goes away if you ignore it, and I never really believed them, but it's true. Hunger is not an emergency. It's not something that I have to do something about immediately or else.

HotChild: great job distracting yourself! It sounds like you have some good strategies to keep your mind off eating. I hope you feel better today!

Nice job, 60lbstogo! You are doing great! The protein is key for me too.
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:47 AM   #13  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Working on Day 37 today, but I have a bad cold that is killing me. Somehow I missed posting yesterday, thank you cold meds, bleeech!

I'll be back to check all of your fantastic updates later, and welcome new folks!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

wow...yesterday was a close call!!! i knew i was going to have some cake and ice cream but i nearly kept going! in the end, i was ready to eat my healthy post-workout "dinner" (about 300 cal chickpea stew) and decided i wasnt hungry... and went to bed that way... i am very proud of the fact that i listened to my body instead of my calorie count! this is huge for me! i woke up slightly hungry and feeling powerful!

i am going to tell my bf i would like to stay treat-free until the next bday party (sunday) and do my best to stay right on plan the next few days. i am a bit worried with a couple of days in a row with treats that i will spiral too quickly and easily back into my binge patterns...

i booked my zipline for Oct 2 (day 50) and really don't want to have to cancel!!!! it is a little more than 2 weeks away and i know i cna do this!!!

i am amazed at how many demons we all battle everyday... sometimes i wonder if it wouldn't be better if we just took a pill morning, noon and night that gave us everything we needed and stopped eating altogether...

i hope everyone was able to concur their demons yesterday.... and if not, lets kick demon butt today!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

126!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote