Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge 9/7/10 - 9/12/10

I hope no one minds that I started our new thread for this week!

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

working day 2.
i'm getting over a cold, all that phlem is a strong trigger to eat constantly. sorry if thats tmi. resisted delivered pizza yesterday. didnt even eat crust.
i'm ok with eating pizza,even small amounts of that kind, but i just dont have the energy to exercise, so it would be too much cal and fat.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #3  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I missed you guys over the weekend!!!

Mom, how was your shopping spree???

Today is Day 26 of no binging. I am excited to say that I am 4 days away from my minigoal of 30 days binge free.

My scale was not kind though. But it was after a week of being more laxed than disciplined, the scale is up 5 lbs but I am confident that some is water and I just need to be more diligent with the clean foods and the scale will be going in the right direction in no time.

I am glad to see us entering in a new week!!

Wishing all of you a binge free day!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

hi vixsin - isnt day 26 a lovely number???? i sure love it today and tomorrow 27 will be my favorite number!

my shopping spree was PERFECT!! i bought a jacket (which i needed badly) at lululemon and my first ever bra-in exercise top from them (in the past, all the extra skin i have around my chest has prevented a nice fit. i guess i am loosing some skin!!! woo hooo) then i went to jones new york and managed to find 4 tops i really liked ... so i paid $120 for over $450 worth of product!!! and i felt great because none of it was in a bigger size!!! still a medium/size 10!!! could not be happier - Thanks for asking!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #5  
Super Single Mom

I am so glad that you had a great shopping spree!!! You deserve it! You have worked hard to get where you are. You deserve to treat yourself with new clothes!

I bought myself a new purse yesterday since I still hadn't bought myself anything for the 10lbs mark. I have decided that I am going to buy some shoes to go with my purse at 20 lbs!

Good for you, Mom! I'm glad for you!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 211! I did it! Over 7 months binge-free! It hasn't always been easy. Since Feb. 9, 2010, I've had road blocks like birthdays, an Anniversary, Valentine's Day, St. Paddy's Day, Easter, restaurant breakfasts, Brunches, Lunches and Dinners, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and then Labor Day. Plus there were many frustrations, stresses, financial woes, illnesses, hurt body parts from exercise and all kinds of triggers. But I hung in there. Thank you for this site and thank you all for being here.

Congrats, Happy and Vixsin!! You're both almost a month strong! That is so awesome!

Welcome, katy trail! Day 2!

Good luck to all of us today!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 09-07-2010 at 05:40 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #7  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm working on Day 30 today, yay!

I think I'm going to steal an idea from Happymum and set myself a shopping spree reward when I hit Day 60! At least a 1 outfit reward, and something I *really* like, not just something that is "meh" but on sale.

Welcome Katy Trail!

Wow Tyla, just WOW. 7 whole months! It's mind-bogglingly awesome!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #8  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

So I am new to Binge-free challenges. I decided I need to though because binging used to not be an issue for me until I got close to the 190s. Now my weightloss is slowed regularly due to my new found lack of discipline.

This weekend I went camping out on a lack with my boyfriend and his parents. It was very difficult resisting and I definitely didn't do well.. I did bring lite mayo and low cal bread as well as some wheat crackers and teddy grahams but between the ribs, wings, marshmallows, pancakes and sausage... I'd say I did pretty terrible. My initial portions weren't bad.. it was the getting up and adding to them that did me in. On top of that I was sleeping in a tent with just a sleeping bag under me for padding so my sleep was not very peaceful and I woke up a lot freezing my butt off. (I wish that were in a literal sense). I did however stick to just water all weekend. No soda, no coffee. Soo that is something to be proud of even if I haven't had soda in 6 months and dont really care to.

I didn't do soo bad yesterday (my last day on the trip) until last night. I had toast and crunchy peanut butter for breakfast. String cheese, wheat crackers and a turkey sandwhich for lunch but I had quite a few teddy grahams plus a few more wheat crackers and then a huge burger (at least 1/4 pound but probably more) without bread.. I didn't eat all of it it though and more wheat crackers... and then 2 slices of pizza and some crust... BAD, BAD AVEZY!!!

I am totally not surprised that my grand total came out to 3 lbs... 177-180 I am just angry because it took me forever to get away from 180 and 179... I walked 11 miles last week to finally hit the 177 mark.. and now... I will probably have to walk 12. I am very ashamed of myself and I am scared that I could be heading in the wrong direction again. I need to get myself back in order. This week I will not go out to eat, at all. I will work out at least 3 days in the gym and walk or ride my bike in between. I will eat 3 small meals and a snack if I must. Those are my goals for this week. Hopefully I can get back to 177 (or lower) real quick. I need my willpower to return.
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #9  
Just keep swimming...

Welcome Avezy! You're doing such a smart thing by biting the bullet and arresting the bad behavior NOW, because you can very quickly recover and get right back on a healthy path!

Try to be positive about these wonderful changes you committing to (because you rock!). You aren't going to just have "3 small meals and a snack" per day, you're going to really enjoy 3 super nutritious, awesomely balanced, deliciously healthy meals that make your body hum with energy PLUS a juicy, enchanting, totally wonderful snack that will make your mouth pucker with joy!

Now, how wonderful does that sound, lol?

Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll do GREAT!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #10  
Super Single Mom

Avezy!!! We're glad you're here!!

Yay for you Michelle!!!! 30 days! WOW!! I am hoping to be there soon too!! Great job, you! That's some awesome stuff!!!

And you Tyla!!! 7 months?!?!?! That is AMAZING!!!!!!! Yay for you in a big way! You are so strong! I am really happy to enjoy this victory with you!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #11  
Super Single Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Michelle View Post
You aren't going to just have "3 small meals and a snack" per day, you're going to really enjoy 3 super nutritious, awesomely balanced, deliciously healthy meals that make your body hum with energy PLUS a juicy, enchanting, totally wonderful snack that will make your mouth pucker with joy!

Now, how wonderful does that sound, lol?
Seriously Michelle, you make me smile.

Now if THAT isn't thinking positive, I don't know WHAT is!!!!!!

Last edited by Vixsin; 09-07-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/171/130

Height: 5'2"

I would like to join all of you. I am a binge eater, today is day 1. So far so good but my trouble hours are after work, cooking dinner and the dreaded hour before bedtime. I work 10 hour days 4 days a week, I am up at 3:30 am by the time I get home I am beat and I tend to snack on junk. I have 2 teen boys and one adult boy still at home so there is always plenty to snack on. I have been working hard on being more organized and prepared, planning meals ect. and its working but I still am not binge free. So here is to a great day one

Sonya
silversunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #13  
Just keep swimming...

Welcome Sonya! Sounds like you have a lot of challenges to plan around, but you can do it and eventually what seemed like difficult changes will just be routine! I hope you have a great Day 1!
Old 09-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 130/130/115

Height: 5'2

Welcome Sonya, katy trail, and Avezy!

Wow Tyla!!! it's been a journey and you've gotten through it, that's amazing! congratulations

way to go my michelle - Happy One month!!

Congrats happy and Vixsin, almost one month! I can't wait to reach there, and I really hope I do. I have the strength and i'm feeling it more and more, but like you (vixsin), i'm being a bit more laxed than disciplined.

well ladies, tonight i ate a few bites of 3 different types of desserts. Fortunately enough, i didn't binge, although I didn't even need to have the dessert either (i mean i've had days when i've had stronger cravings, but didn't have dessert, whereas today i didn't have much of a craving but i ended up eating...). I just felt like it. But the difference with tonight and my past, was that i stopped myself... whereas before i would think "hey i started, might as well continue eating other things ..." and i think in total for the day i may have had around 1500 caloreis.

I didn't feel out of control, and i didn't keep going back for more and more. So i want to say that i completed day 13 binge - free, but at the same time i'm disappointed in myself that i ate just because. Do you think i should start again at day 1? and has this happened to any of you before?

Last edited by missn; 09-07-2010 at 05:53 PM.
missn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Thank you, everyone, for the compliments. I couldn't have done it without this site and all of you. Thank you so much!

Welcome, Avezy and Silversunny!

You're both taking the first step to binge-free eating. First of all, we've all been exactly where you were. But take it one day at a time and it does get easier.

Avezy, being mad and disappointed in yourself doesn't help. Getting on the bandwagon with us does. I have the same problem about losing weight. (I can gain it very fast, however.) I'm at the point that I only lose 2ounces every couple of weeks, if I'm lucky. I really have to stay determined. By the way, congrats on not drinking colas anymore. That is awesome! (Your body thanks you for it!)

Silversunny, I have to plan, too. So don't feel alone. There is no alternative for me, but I'm ok with that. Nowadays I actually feel weird if I don't plan. I wish you the best of luck. You can do it!

Good luck.

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 09-07-2010 at 06:00 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote